Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1968 Hong Kong Flu killed an estimated 100K Americans (must have been before there were substantial financial incentives given by the gov’t for reporting deaths as “probable” pandemic related) and 1 million people worldwide.

I wasn’t born yet, but I haven’t found anything about shelter in place orders or the economy getting tanked back then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Anyone self quarantined?

The 1968 Hong Kong Flu killed an estimated 100K Americans (must have been before there were substantial financial incentives given by the gov’t for reporting deaths as “probable” pandemic related) and 1 million people worldwide.

I wasn’t born yet, but I haven’t found anything about shelter in place orders or the economy getting tanked back then.

I was just reading a article from the New York Times that popped up on my phone Titled “How pandemics end” and it referenced that as well as saying it never when away and is part of normal flu spectrum just like this will be in a year or two when we figure out it’s not going to wipe out the world and we all move on.

“According to historians, pandemics typically have two types of endings: the medical, which occurs when the incidence and death rates plummet, and the social, when the epidemic of fear about the disease wanes.”

Interesting read from a more historical perspective

https://apple.news/A3GPgXMtWQVuvgsXnn6CgoA

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I was just reading a article from the New York Times that popped up on my phone Titled “How pandemics end” ...

I read the same article. Before doing so, I didn’t even know about the ‘68 Hong Kong Flu. The article is what got me doing some other research.

I read the same article. Before doing so, I didn’t even know about the ‘68 Hong Kong Flu. The article is what got me doing some other research.

Yeah, it was the first I heard of as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I was just reading a article from the New York Times that popped up on my phone Titled “How pandemics end” and it referenced that as well as saying it never when away and is part of normal flu spectrum just like this will be in a year or two when we figure out it’s not going to wipe out the world and we all move on.

“According to historians, pandemics typically have two types of endings: the medical, which occurs when the incidence and death rates plummet, and the social, when the epidemic of fear about the disease wanes.”

Interesting read from a more historical perspective

https://apple.news/A3GPgXMtWQVuvgsXnn6CgoA

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I was actually pondering the social aspect today while driving to my mother in laws house. As fast as society forgot about 9/11 and was back to all the normal bullshit that goes on, I can’t imagine this lasting even until football season starts. People just don’t give a shit about anything but themselves anymore is part of the conclusion I’ve come to. I also think people can’t see more than a week into their future either. That is some of my thoughts, I just have a hard time putting my thoughts to words

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny how Woodstock went on during that pandemic. [emoji848]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

1957-58, H2N2 influenza killed 116,000 in the United States and 1.1 million worldwide.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1957-1958-pandemic.html

That's nice. We still have to order takeout drinks then sit on the curb to enjoy them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last time I ordered a drink with takeout, I sucked air through the straw on the THIRD pull🤯

When I pulled the lid, there was so much ice they must have packed it down to get the lid on.
To say I was pissed after paying full price and getting three swallows would be an understatement.

I'm so ready to sit in a restaurant and eat a steak and get service again.

Last time I ordered a drink with takeout, I sucked air through the straw on the THIRD pull🤯

When I pulled the lid, there was so much ice they must have packed it down to get the lid on.
To say I was pissed after paying full price and getting three swallows would be an understatement.

So they can serve you that shitty watered down drink in person ? 🤣

This whole corona virus crap is a bunch of bull. I’m loving reading all the good memes on this thread haha there’s some really good ones.

Haha. My local pizza place will sell you a 32oz big gulp cup of Sculpin IPA to go for 8 bucks. Problem is it's too big to fit the cup holder and you have to keep sucking the foam out of the straw hole.
Last time I ordered a drink with takeout, I sucked air through the straw on the THIRD pull[emoji2962]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom