Any Mountain Bikers?

My old Zaskar LE and the wifey's old Univega...we had these 20 years ago when we first met!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779410.006792.jpg
And our new bikes...she got a Specialized Rockhopper 29er and I picked up a Specialized Stumjumper Carbon Comp 29er... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779684.333372.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779746.911037.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779828.865399.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779851.411796.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390779892.818934.jpg

Jeepster Chris
...sitting in my Tardis using WAYALIFE time/space app

JKFlyer

Awesome bikes everyone. Just picked up this f29er f1. Still stock. Any upgrade suggestions welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390785854075.jpg
    1390785854075.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 1390785892172.jpg
    1390785892172.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 185

Tigrcky

Awesome bikes everyone. Just picked up this f29er f1. Still stock. Any upgrade suggestions welcome.

clipless peddles is a must! and play around with tires and tire pressures really tune the bike for you. its a beaut! :thumb:

JKFlyer

THx bro. Definitely gonna go clipless...just getting used to the feel first. Performs great so far!

Anyone here snow ride? Gotta a few hard core guys near me that do but I tried in 6 inches of snow in front yard and got nowhere

Tigrcky

THx bro. Definitely gonna go clipless...just getting used to the feel first. Performs great so far!

Anyone here snow ride? Gotta a few hard core guys near me that do but I tried in 6 inches of snow in front yard and got nowhere

snow is to deep here and it gets to cold... maybe someone else on here?:thinking:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug

Cannondale makes some great bikes! Nice looking. I always thought the single front shock and not a fork looked really strange:)

Beyrgut

Yeah run some fat tires for snow or sand, not much fun on xc tires. Lefties are unique but never really appealed to me, nice looking bike nonetheless. It's like jeepin, it's all about making it your own and having a good time with good people. It also leads to crazy expensive "needs", or is that "wants".

JKFlyer

Yeah run some fat tires for snow or sand, not much fun on xc tires. Lefties are unique but never really appealed to me, nice looking bike nonetheless. It's like jeepin, it's all about making it your own and having a good time with good people. It also leads to crazy expensive "needs", or is that "wants".

I'm with you. Lefty is strange to look at but I love it. I thought would be strange to ride but not at all. Don't even notice the fork. For me the bigger change was going from the FS bike I previously had ( nothing special....got it used) to going hard tail. Here in jersey, hard tails are great for our trails

Tigrcky

I'm with you. Lefty is strange to look at but I love it. I thought would be strange to ride but not at all. Don't even notice the fork. For me the bigger change was going from the FS bike I previously had ( nothing special....got it used) to going hard tail. Here in jersey, hard tails are great for our trails

i believe you should be able to ride almost any trail with a hardtail before you are allowed a soft tail :twocents:

JKFlyer

So read the whole thread. Glad to see I'm not only one obsessed with Mointain biking. It does feel like an addiction to me...a healthy one though!! Only been in to it 6 months and can't wait to go all the time. I seriously was moments away from going this am in 14 degrees and 0 degree wind chill but my wife told me I'm fing nuts and talked some sense in to me.

Does the Addiction die off?

Question...is it not smart to go Alone? Do u guys? To date, always been w a friend. I'm not talking about backwoods or outlaw country....more built trails in local towns.

I seem to hit front tire on 29er a lot too. Not bad but more so than previous which has 26" I think. I assume normal....

Last edited:

Tigrcky

So read the whole thread. Glad to see I'm not only one obsessed with Mointain biking. It does feel like an addiction to me...a healthy one though!! Only been in to it 6 months and can't wait to go all the time. I seriously was moments away from going this am in 14 degrees and 0 degree wind chill but my wife told me I'm fing nuts and talked some sense in to me.

Does the Addiction die off?

Question...is it not smart to go Alone? Do u guys? To date, always been w a friend. I'm not talking about backwoods or outlaw country....more built trails in local towns.

no it does not die off, in my experience it only gets worse, like jeeping. i recommend going with a group, however if you must go alone tell someone where you are going, when you plan to leave and return. makes it easier to find you if you should crash or something. welcome to the other off road addiction :standing wave:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
i believe you should be able to ride almost any trail with a hardtail before you are allowed a soft tail :twocents:

True that! I rode some crazy trails on my old bike and I'm still not sure what I was thinking. When I went down this one "Car Wreck" in Laguna I had some guys on FS calling me crazy but I was just having fun exploring new trails, didn't matter how hard or steep. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390802825.430161.jpg

Tigrcky

True that! I rode some crazy trails on my old bike and I'm still not sure what I was thinking. When I went down this one "Car Wreck" in Laguna I had some guys on FS calling me crazy but I was just having fun exploring new trails, didn't matter how hard or steep. View attachment 66463

I'd ride that, and fast too

Sent from my whatchamacallit

JKFlyer

True that! I rode some crazy trails on my old bike and I'm still not sure what I was thinking. When I went down this one "Car Wreck" in Laguna I had some guys on FS calling me crazy but I was just having fun exploring new trails, didn't matter how hard or steep. View attachment 66463

Nice trail! we dont have much like that near me in South Jersey, but i am starting to explore new ones...
stay safe!

no it does not die off, in my experience it only gets worse, like jeeping. i recommend going with a group, however if you must go alone tell someone where you are going, when you plan to leave and return. makes it easier to find you if you should crash or something. welcome to the other off road addiction :standing wave:

yup, addictionS in full swing! thanks for advice Tig

David1tontj

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391399339.722649.jpg . 😁. My new bike. 2013 specialized Status FSR

And I love it!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom