Any metalheads on WOL?

TheFunSmith

I prefer progressive metal, such as Edguy, Dream Theater, and Opeth. But every once in awhile I swing for something more death metal style, like Job For A Cowboy or Lamb Of God. The first concert I ever attended was Slipknot.

So are there any other metalheads on here? What bands/type of metal are y'all in to? :rock:

That's funny, because my first concert ever was also Slipknot. It was their Volume 3 Subliminal Verses tour, where Shadows Fall opened for Lamb of God and Lamb of God opened for **Slipknot**. I am a fan of all 3 bands, too!

In addition to those 3, I also listen to: Avenged Sevenfold, **Chevelle**, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, **Dimmu Borgir**, **Disturbed**, DragonForce, **Ensiferum**, some Fear Factory, **Five Finger Death Punch**, **Kamelot**, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Man-O-War, **Marilyn Manson**, Metallica, **Mudvayne**, Muse, Pantera, **Rammstein**, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Static-X, **System of a Down**, Trivium, Volbeat, and 3 Inches of Blood.

**-----** = an all time favorite, or a group I listen to at least 3+ times per week. Some get played daily.

I also like Drum n' Bass (Pendulum is my favorite there), some alternative rock, folk rock (Dropkick Murphys), some rap, (mostly older rap, I don't get along with most post 2010 rap) and the occasional 60's and 70's old rock...

Rock on my fellow Wayalifers! :drunkbuds: :rock:

Last edited:
I love Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, DragonForce, Edguy, Within Tempation, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Slipknot, Rhapsody :rock::rock:

Black Beaver

I love progressive such as Tesseract, Sky Harbor, Avantasia, Edguy, Tool. I'll swing for something death metal like Children of Bodom, or Amon Amarth. And sometimes black metal like Cradle of Filth.

I love progressive such as Tesseract, Sky Harbor, Avantasia, Edguy, Tool. I'll swing for something death metal like Children of Bodom, or Amon Amarth. And sometimes black metal like Cradle of Filth.

Gotta love Tobias Sammet!!! Edguy :rock: Avantasia :rock:

I also love Opeth and Nightwish

Black Beaver

Gotta love Tobias Sammet!!! Edguy :rock: Avantasia :rock:

I also love Opeth and Nightwish

Gotta love him. He is awesome. Nightwish is really good. I think Endless Forms Most Beautiful is one of my favorite albums. I haven't listened to Opeth. I'll check them out. Kamelot is one of my favorites as well.

Gotta love him. He is awesome. Nightwish is really good. I think Endless Forms Most Beautiful is one of my favorite albums. I haven't listened to Opeth. I'll check them out. Kamelot is one of my favorites as well.

Oh yes Camelot... great band... gotta think of a few more. DragonHeart, PowerQuest,

xxJWPxx

Majority of my catalog is metal. Lots of good bands have already been mentioned.

Rather than picking favorites here's the last few I've listened to from my Spotify playlist:
While She Sleeps, Red Fang, Agalloch, Atreyu, Screaming for Silence, Dream Evil

Top Bottom