2014 SEMA SNEAK PEEK : NEW Dynatrac Brake System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Eddie, you knew I'd be asking this sooner or later, lol.
Since I'm the Odd Duck on here with RockJock axles, will this kit work for me? I'm guessing it will since I'm still using my stock calipers and still have use of my factory E-brake. However, I am running a 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

Hmmm, I can't say for sure but, I don't see any reason why you couldn't run them being that you have what you have. I was told that this kit would work with the semi-float rear Trail or ProRock 60 and they both come with 5x5.5 bolt patterns.

Hmmm, I can't say for sure but, I don't see any reason why you couldn't run them being that you have what you have. I was told that this kit would work with the semi-float rear Trail or ProRock 60 and they both come with 5x5.5 bolt patterns.

I think so too. Also, you and Rocky just answered my question on the front as ( now that I think of it) my front rotors are larger than stock and have a relocation bracket for the calipers while my rears are same as stock. Makes perfect sense to me :crazy:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm excited to see this coming and by a company such as Dynatrac. Ever since I moved up to 37s I've been a little nervous with the holding power of OEM brakes when crawling on the rocks. Not that I've had an incident, just really had to push down harder on pedal than I'd like to. Can't wait to see the specs.

Caretaker

So, I'm confused. Will I need to upgrade the master cylinder on my 2008 JKUR? Or, not? On a recent trip, I was on a fairly steep incline, loose rocks. When I backed up in 4Lo to take another run at it, I was standing on my brakes with both feet and couldn't get it locked down - and it wasn't sliding. Just wouldn't stop.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So, I'm confused. Will I need to upgrade the master cylinder on my 2008 JKUR? Or, not? On a recent trip, I was on a fairly steep incline, loose rocks. When I backed up in 4Lo to take another run at it, I was standing on my brakes with both feet and couldn't get it locked down - and it wasn't sliding. Just wouldn't stop.

No,,,, no year of JK needs a new master cylinder

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

No,,,, no year of JK needs a new master cylinder

As piginajeep said, NO new master cylinder is needed on ANY year JK. That's the whole point of this new brake system - it's specifically designed to outperform the competition WITHOUT the need to tamper with any of the plumbing.

T&ERun

LOSER
I'm excited to see this coming and by a company such as Dynatrac. Ever since I moved up to 37s I've been a little nervous with the holding power of OEM brakes when crawling on the rocks. Not that I've had an incident, just really had to push down harder on pedal than I'd like to. Can't wait to see the specs.

I'm in the same boat. With 37s on a steep incline it's hard if not impossible to hold the jeep with just my brakes. Just this past weekend it happened. Was on a hill, killed it, and the Jeep started rolling backwards. With me pushing as hard as I could the Jeep kept rolling. We're only talking a matter of a couple seconds, but still a pucker factor. As soon as I cranked over the engine again it stopped. I need these brakes also. Definitely looking forward to this kit.

mrmet1983

Damn you sema you are costing me thousands of dollars lol shut up and take my money lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

spicoli

Very interested to see more on this. Especially replacement costs of parts. It makes me nervous to only have 1 choose for rotors and pads. What costs will pass and rotors cost in the future as they need to be replaced

Zach

Uggghhh

Is anyone else frustrated with warriors wanting to argue with Eddie? About every post he puts up someone has to argue. Good dude and knows what he talking about. Wanna slap the shit out of some of these peeps and their know-it-all comments. Eddie keep on doing what you do send me the ones that need to be punched.

AncientTrail

If you already have the Teraflex upgraded master, will this new system still work with it or do you need to put the stock master back in? Maybe a dumb question but what the hell LOL!!

pastorwug

If you already have the Teraflex upgraded master, will this new system still work with it or do you need to put the stock master back in? Maybe a dumb question but what the hell LOL!!

Man I sure wouldn't think so, 'cause I've done the same thing.
I've got their bigger MC in but not their BBK.

pastorwug

Is anyone else frustrated with warriors wanting to argue with Eddie? About every post he puts up someone has to argue. Good dude and knows what he talking about. Wanna slap the shit out of some of these peeps and their know-it-all comments. Eddie keep on doing what you do send me the ones that need to be punched.

WOW, welcome to WAL - don't think Eddie needs a body guard. :thumb:

Top Bottom