12 JKU sport build

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Oh boy, I drove mine once between raising the track bar and changing the drag link, was not good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes was not a good feeling at certain speeds, 45mph and up hitting pot holes. It was enough to make me not want to place my kids in the Jeep until it is fixed to be on the safe side.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
It was smart to just do the 3.5 lift. With the fenders cut you'll be able to run the 37's without dropping more cash for more lift.
No sense doing it twice... like I did on my old JK.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Yes I learned from my past builds lol. If only I had learned to stop trading them in and kept my original builds.

The ultimate plan is 37s or 40s with 60/60 or 60/44 combo.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Just placed an order for some EVO rock skins.

My wife bought me some rock lights (Amazon brand) that connect via Bluetooth. As well as 4 LED auxiliary lights.

Once the skins come in, I just need some warmer weather to install my parts that are building up. Drag link flip, brake lines, lights, and now skins.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Weather was somewhat nicer today. High 40s and sunny. Took the opportunity to install my windshield pods. I have 2 more pods to install, I’m still debating on where to put these. Either on the rear, or on my front bumper.
IMG_4058.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Rock lights installed and wired up. I mounted 8 lights under my Jeep. 2 at the rear, 2 on each side, and 1 under each front fender.
IMG_4053.jpg
They are multi colored and are super bright in my opinion. They operate with a remote, switch, and an app. Virtually any color. Here’s a few pics of some different colors.
White
IMG_4062.jpg
Red
IMG_4061.jpg
Blue
IMG_4063.jpg
Green
IMG_4064.jpg

Here’s a pic of the App with the color chart to choose my color
IMG_4065.jpg

Now I need to get on a night ride to put them to good use.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Did a little work to the JK today. Installed some WildBoar steel grab handles front and rear. Mounted and wired a cube light on the rear as a reverse light. I relocated my license plate to the rear frame. Waiting on some bolts with lights on them and my license plate delete plug that should be here tomorrow.
IMG_4077.jpg
My Evo rock skins came in today and I started installing, I got the Drivers side finished. I will tackle the Passenger side tomorrow.
IMG_4078.jpg
Saturday I’m hoping to tackle my drag link flip. I am waiting on a drill bit to be delivered.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Reverse lights with aux reverse light turned on. I can definitely see when backing up at night now.
IMG_4079.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Finished install on EVO skins this morning. Took the time to snap some quality pics of it in the nicer weather
IMG_4083.jpg
IMG_4084.jpg

I think one of my near future mods will be the EVO rear quarter panel armor, some EVO skid plates, tire carrier, and then start narrowing down my axle plans.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Jeeps looking great!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks, hoping to finish building it up (axles, lockers, armor) in a year to year and a half. The Misses OK’d me to build it and tackle the Rubicon summer/fall of 2023.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Just installed some stainless steel brake lines all the way around. Any advice on how to route the front lines. I currently have them between the shock and spring but I feel it may get sandwiched during suspension cycle in the spring? Could I zip tie them somewhere to help avoid damaging them?

12 Jeep JKU Sport

JKbrick

Just installed some stainless steel brake lines all the way around. Any advice on how to route the front lines. I currently have them between the shock and spring but I feel it may get sandwiched during suspension cycle in the spring? Could I zip tie them somewhere to help avoid damaging them?

12 Jeep JKU Sport

IMG_1357.jpg

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Zip tied my front brake lines out of harms way this morning. IMG_4105.jpg

When looking at my rear lines. I noticed my drivers side line is very close to the rear sway bar. Is this normal? And is there a chance of it being rubbed?
IMG_4106.jpg

I bent the line away from it best I could. It seems the new line itself has a curve from being curled up in a a bag.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

JKbrick

Zip tied my front brake lines out of harms way this morning. View attachment 358155

When looking at my rear lines. I noticed my drivers side line is very close to the rear sway bar. Is this normal? And is there a chance of it being rubbed?
View attachment 358156

I bent the line away from it best I could. It seems the new line itself has a curve from being curled up in a a bag.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

You can route the rear lines to the inside of the frame, the bolt on the sway bar may catch on the hard line and pull it down IMG_3301.jpg IMG_3407.jpg IMG_3406.jpg

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I will be placing an order in the next few days for EVO rear builder corners. My plan to delete the rear flares with the eventual plan to upgrade to the EVO tire carrier.
IMG_4110.JPG
I am also going to be placing an order for MCE front flares. I am debating what would look better for the direction I am going with. Full width or narrow width.
IMG_4109.JPG

Looking for opinions on which flare to order. I currently have trimmed factory flares, but am wanting something a little different now. My eventual plan will be 37s. Building in stages with 37s as the end plan.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Top Bottom