Would you like to add a tip?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It was pink sparklies! (In case anyone is unsure of my odd sense of humor, this is mock petulance)

If a made to order Jeep accessory was the wrong color or a change you asked for was not incorporated and the maker refused to work with you about the problem and gave you attitude, would any of you feel obligated to pay for it? I'm not asking if you would pay for it anyway. I'm asking if you would feel obligated.
No because you didn’t get what you asked for. You got and drank an orange juice that you asked for and don’t pay for it. It’s not the same no matter how you want to justify it.

It was pink sparklies! (In case anyone is unsure of my odd sense of humor, this is mock petulance)

If a made to order Jeep accessory was the wrong color or a change you asked for was not incorporated and the maker refused to work with you about the problem and gave you attitude, would any of you feel obligated to pay for it? I'm not asking if you would pay for it anyway. I'm asking if you would feel obligated.
If you drank it then you’d be obligated 100%. If you got the jeep part and knew it wasn’t what you ordered and still installed it then you deserve to have to pay 100%.

“Harmed”.. “Damages”.. You’re eating a meal… Lol

Or you could just man up, pay the bill.. and either hope for a better experience next time… or go somewhere else.
It you are taking your customer to a Michelin starred restaurant in order to impress him (in order to get business) and the service is horrible, then you have indeed been harmed. There is a certain expectation of service level associated with any type of establishment.

WJCO

Meme King
It you are taking your customer to a Michelin starred restaurant in order to impress him (in order to get business) and the service is horrible, then you have indeed been harmed. There is a certain expectation of service level associated with any type of establishment.
Then you ask for the manager and go from there. You don't walk out without paying. Did you bring pH strips to test the juice before consuming?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You try way too hard to make points that are not even valid and make yourself sound dumb. Without going into this post crazy, I would love to find one person who had a bad experience at a Michelin restaurant.

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you act like a cry baby in front of your customer… thats on you.

GP NOIR

Hooked
No because you didn’t get what you asked for. You got and drank an orange juice that you asked for and don’t pay for it. It’s not the same no matter how you want to justify it.
How convenient you ignore that the restaurant agreed to my terms.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Things went off the rails a bit here.. but as far as tips go.. last weekend I took the family to Tempe AZ for a Spring Training Game… every transaction in the stadium asked for a tip… (no cash allowed) The guys running up and down the isle I get.. but buying items at the store which were pretty much self serve.. seemed a bit much. I don’t remember if there was a “None” option... I just kept hitting 10%.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Things went off the rails a bit here.. but as far as tips go.. last weekend I took the family to Tempe AZ for a Spring Training Game… every transaction in the stadium asked for a tip… (no cash allowed) The guys running up and down the isle I get.. but buying items at the store which were pretty much self serve.. seemed a bit much. I don’t remember if there was a “None” option... I just kept hitting 10%.
That kind of shit is just lame to me.

Last year at SEMA, the food courts were all cashless for the very first time and while I'm not cool with that, AT LEAST there was no option for tipping - AT ALL! The cashier would just tap your card and you'd go. That's it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know, it just occurred to me that there are some countries that do welcome tips but not for food service - it's for people responsible for keeping public restrooms clean. And I should note, depending on the country, they are in fact very nice and clean and very worthy of a nice tip.

Ddays

Hooked

You'd better start wearing one of these so we know better than ask you the hard questions

Just stop

41ZgzEdf8lL._AC_.jpg

Then you ask for the manager and go from there. You don't walk out without paying. Did you bring pH strips to test the juice before consuming?
I would ask for the manager, as you suggest.
Regardless, my point was that for any given establishment, there are certain expectations regarding the product provided. For some establishments, service is a major part of their offering, and is why they can charge twice as much for the food, and still expect that a substantial tip be paid.

JAGS

Hooked
In most cases it’s not “none” it’s “custom” tip and then enter zeros. I’m cautious about zeros for places I frequent. LOL. But a ball park….zeros all day.

Unrelated to this post, my wife and I were talking about this this past weekend. We wonder how much of the CC tips actually make their way to the staff.???

TrailHunter

Hooked
In most cases it’s not “none” it’s “custom” tip and then enter zeros. I’m cautious about zeros for places I frequent. LOL. But a ball park….zeros all day.

Unrelated to this post, my wife and I were talking about this this past weekend. We wonder how much of the CC tips actually make their way to the staff.???
I wonder the same thing.

I wonder the same thing.
At a family-owned place that we ate at several times per week (for many years), and always left good tips, one time we had really bad service and left a tip of 0.

This caused a total shock and all of the employees were aware of it the next time we came to visit. The owner came to talk to us. It turns out that most of the wait-staff income at such places comes from tips.

TrailHunter

Hooked
At a family-owned place that we ate at several times per week (for many years), and always left good tips, one time we had really bad service and left a tip of 0.

This caused a total shock and all of the employees were aware of it the next time we came to visit. The owner came to talk to us. It turns out that most of the wait-staff income at such places comes from tips.
I was talking about the stadiums.. for sure waiters rely on Tips. Which is why I have Never left Zero tip for a waiter… We all have bad days.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

They all do. Servers watch that crap like a hawk. They keep track of their receipts throughout the night.

Top Bottom