Which Game Camera

WJCO

Meme King
Some updates on this Reveal X Pro camera that I've had out there for about a week now.

Battery life. Temps have been in 20s at night.
Camera 1 takes the second most amount of pictures and has the cheap alkaline batteries in it and still has 100% battery life. This is the one with the solar panel that has its own battery pack. So it's safe to assume the panel is working.

Camera 2 takes the least amount of photos and has 80% battery life left. This is using a rechargeable lithium pack.

Camera 3 takes the most photos (over 300 this week) and has 50% battery life left. This also has the rechargeable lithium pack which I'll be charging tomorrow hopefully.

dsfsdfds.png

I either didn't look hard enough or it wasn't there, but I couldn't find any info on whether camera settings would be affected when removing and installing the battery pack. I reached out to Tactacam and they got back to me the same day and said settings are saved internally and battery changes don't affect anything. Turn off camera, swap batteries, turn on again. They did recommend taking a test photo again just to make sure all is good and camera aim didn't get bumped.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some updates on this Reveal X Pro camera that I've had out there for about a week now.

Battery life. Temps have been in 20s at night.
Camera 1 takes the second most amount of pictures and has the cheap alkaline batteries in it and still has 100% battery life. This is the one with the solar panel that has its own battery pack. So it's safe to assume the panel is working.

Camera 2 takes the least amount of photos and has 80% battery life left. This is using a rechargeable lithium pack.

Camera 3 takes the most photos (over 300 this week) and has 50% battery life left. This also has the rechargeable lithium pack which I'll be charging tomorrow hopefully.

View attachment 399578

I either didn't look hard enough or it wasn't there, but I couldn't find any info on whether camera settings would be affected when removing and installing the battery pack. I reached out to Tactacam and they got back to me the same day and said settings are saved internally and battery changes don't affect anything. Turn off camera, swap batteries, turn on again. They did recommend taking a test photo again just to make sure all is good and camera aim didn't get bumped.
Great info on how things are going for you!!

I've been using the solar panel on mine and my battery is still showing 100%.

The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is that I set up the camera with date and time right when I got it and then took out the rechargeable lithium battery to charge it up. After reinstalling the battery and setting up the cam the next day, I see that the date and time is all off - essentially, back to what it was from the factory. Unfortunately, I cannot set this remotely through the app or, so far as I can see.

WJCO

Meme King
Great info on how things are going for you!!

I've been using the solar panel on mine and my battery is still showing 100%.

The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is that I set up the camera with date and time right when I got it and then took out the rechargeable lithium battery to charge it up. After reinstalling the battery and setting up the cam the next day, I see that the date and time is all off - essentially, back to what it was from the factory. Unfortunately, I cannot set this remotely through the app or, so far as I can see.
That's weird.

Make sure your camera 'check in picture' settings say 'on.'
And 'settings check' is 'instant.'

I think I get two random pictures each day when it checks in with the server. This should automatically correct I would think. I didn't set my date or time at all. It just did it automatically. My gps is working too. I assume that was automatic as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's weird.

I think I get two random pictures each day when it checks in with the server. This should automatically correct I would think. I didn't set my date or time at all. It just did it automatically. My gps is working too. I assume that was automatic as well.
LOL - you're like Tactacam tech support and I really do appreciate it!!

My 'check in pic' was set to off. I just changed it to 'on' and hope that fixes things. I also set the 'settings check' to 'instant' but of course, both may take up to 24 hours to take affect being that it wasn't set to instant before.

Thanks for the tips (y)

WJCO

Meme King
LOL - you're like Tactacam tech support and I really do appreciate it!!

My 'check in pic' was set to off. I just changed it to 'on' and hope that fixes things. I also set the 'settings check' to 'instant' but of course, both may take up to 24 hours to take affect being that it wasn't set to instant before.

Thanks for the tips (y)
Lol. Hope it works. I really suck at tech stuff but played around a lot with the app when I first got it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's weird.

I have issues with my Xtratuf boots. Any chance you work for them too?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. Hope it works. I really suck at tech stuff but played around a lot with the app when I first got it.
Hey, I got another question for you if you don't mind. Thanks to your help, I've been able to request HD images as well as videos and while the HD pics show up on my computer in an HD gallery, the videos do not. They only show up in a gallery on my phone app. Is it not possible to download them on to a computer or do you just need to take them off the chip?

WJCO

Meme King
Hey, I got another question for you if you don't mind. Thanks to your help, I've been able to request HD images as well as videos and while the HD pics show up on my computer in an HD gallery, the videos do not. They only show up in a gallery on my phone app. Is it not possible to download them on to a computer or do you just need to take them off the chip?
I recall the same thing on a PC (no videos) when logged into my account, but haven't played around with it since. On the app, if you're watching a video, you can tap and hold it until it highlights green and then a download icon will appear on the bottom. After I download it to my tablet, I just email the video to myself and access it on my desktop later if needed. Most video files are only 2mb. I think you can only highlight/download one at a time though (not multiple at exact same time).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I recall the same thing on a PC (no videos) when logged into my account, but haven't played around with it since. On the app, if you're watching a video, you can tap and hold it until it highlights green and then a download icon will appear on the bottom. After I download it to my tablet, I just email the video to myself and access it on my desktop later if needed. Most video files are only 2mb. I think you can only highlight/download one at a time though (not multiple at exact same time).
Okay, thank! I'll give that a try :)

WJCO

Meme King
Okay, I just tried that but got a message saying that the download was cancelled. Hmmm
I think I figured it out. Holy shit, I'm starting to sound like tech support.

I was able to recreate your exact issue my changing my app settings. I changed it back and it worked normally like it always has.

On your actual phone settings (not inside the app itself), go to your settings/apps/Reveal/permissions. Make sure you're allowing the Reveal app to allow it to access your Media on your phone. As soon as I clicked 'deny,' I went back to the app and couldn't download videos and it said 'download cancelled.'

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think I figured it out. Holy shit, I'm starting to sound like tech support.

I was able to recreate your exact issue my changing my app settings. I changed it back and it worked normally like it always has.

On your actual phone settings (not inside the app itself), go to your settings/apps/Reveal/permissions. Make sure you're allowing the Reveal app to allow it to access your Media on your phone. As soon as I clicked 'deny,' I went back to the app and couldn't download videos and it said 'download cancelled.'
LOL - holy hell dude!! That was it 👍🏻

CD2

Caught the Bug
Cuz put out a couple of mink sets, and found a trailcam he "lost".
2021 season. Still on tree.
Muddy cheapo, dang thing still works (new batteries). Had 2 others that died within first season of use.
One was internal lens fog, the other just died.

Lemme find a pic he sent from it.
Was a good un'

WJCO

Meme King
Cuz put out a couple of mink sets, and found a trailcam he "lost".
2021 season. Still on tree.
Muddy cheapo, dang thing still works (new batteries). Had 2 others that died within first season of use.
One was internal lens fog, the other just died.

Lemme find a pic he sent from it.
Was a good un'
Muddy was one of the brands on my list.

Top Bottom