What would you do with $5000?

While forced air induction doesn't mean guaranteed engine damage, the risk is still there. A naturally aspirated engine typically has a higher compression ratio than a forced air induction engine. So by adding forced air induction on a regular engine, you are increasing cylinder pressures. Also, with modern day electronics, it is tricky to tune engines perfectly unless you know what you're doing, so there is also a greater risk of a lean mixture by adding forced air induction. Lean mixture=heat which will damage internals much faster than a normal a/f mixture.

Yes there is more stress induced but damage is not certain. Dont put boost on a clapped out engine or one with any sort of pre-existing condition and expect it to get better. Otherwise there are tons of kits of all kinds out there that are running just fine. I run a turbo on my JK and its been hassle free.

I'd love some explaination too.

Like FLYERJK said, for $5k and about 30 to 50 more hp it's not worth it. Plus, it adds stress to your engine that will eventually cause it to fail. An LS swap is swapping out your V6 for a Chevy V8 LS 1 engine. This option is for the big boys who have 15 to 20k to blow.

Like FLYERJK said, for $5k and about 30 to 50 more hp it's not worth it. Plus, it adds stress to your engine that will eventually cause it to fail. An LS swap is swapping out your V6 for a Chevy V8 LS 1 engine. This option is for the big boys who have 15 to 20k to blow.

Thanks, I appreciate this straight forward answer. As for all the other memers...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467055741.696815.jpg

Last edited:

What kind of BS install is that? 30-50hp? I wouldnt do that either for 5k. Mine added over 100 RWHP. Went from 130 at the wheels to 250. Im not running a ripp though.

What kind of BS install is that? 30-50hp? I wouldnt do that either for 5k. Mine added over 100 RWHP. Went from 130 at the wheels to 250. Im not running a ripp though.

Ahhhhhh, he's a supercharger guy. How did you end up deciding on that?

Top Bottom