What would you do with $5000?

Some of the items are vague but I guessed with what I priced out. Prices are from multiple websites.

5 Toyo RT 35/12/50/17 $1600
3" Enforcer with Rancho 9000s and DLF $2000ish
Evo bumper steel (and stinger??) $650
Evo rear bumper (not fascia) $600
C gussets $50ish
AEV Procal $170

That puts you just over $5000 for just the parts. Trim your fenders. If you don't plan on doing the stinger and or full rear bumper (fascia and d rings instead for $340) then you will have cash left over towards a Warn M8000 ($600). I would do a combination of some of this. Depends on what is most important to you.

Looks good, except I'd go with a 17" wheels. Skip the rims and use some spydertrac spacers and stock rims and put the extra money into a better lift.

I agree with chipper. Either go 17s or just skip them and put that money in a better place

I was going to say the same I have 18s and no upside except more expensive tires..

Or do steelies 15" rims w/ 3.5 BS and 10" wide for like 70$ per rim, brand new [emoji102] More rubber is never a bad thing [emoji16]

Here, 2015 JK with 15x8 (because I live in Canada and needed them asap otherwise would of order the 15x10 but it was a 3-6 weeks shipping time) on 33's though. But 33x12.5R15 (General Grabber AT2). Overvall I paid 500 CAD$ for 5 brand new rims and 200 CAD$ per tires; Total 1500$. But that's just me.

I know 35's & 37's are even more expensive but in the end, 5 steelies with the appropriate backspace to run bigger tires without buying wheelspacers or paying up to 2-300$ per rim, I'm fxcking happy with it. Gives you a new stance for almost the same price as spacers (USD wise) news rims and more rubber contacting trail hazard like rocks, trees and shit 🙃

But that's just me.

When I'll have the money, I'll go for full beadlocks. Considering it's 500$ a piece, it'll be a little further down the road of my JK. For now I have the best of both world - saved money & got myself sweet ass kicks [emoji41]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467040175.885279.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467040198.513298.jpg

Last edited:
Or do steelies 15" rims w/ 3.5 BS and 10" wide for like 70$ per rim, brand new [emoji102] More rubber is never a bad thing [emoji16]

Here, 2015 JK with 15x8 (because I live in Canada and needed them asap otherwise would of order the 15x10 but it was a 3-6 weeks shipping time) on 33's though. But 33x12.5R15 (General Grabber AT2). Overvall I paid 500 CAD$ for 5 brand new rims and 200 CAD$ per tires; Total 1500$. But that's just me.

I know 35's & 37's are even more expensive but in the end, 5 steelies with the appropriate backspace to run bigger tires without buying wheelspacers or paying up to 2-300$ per rim, I'm fxcking happy with it. Gives you a new stance for almost the same price as spacers (USD wise) news rims and more rubber contacting trail hazard like rocks, trees and shit 🙃

But that's just me.

When I'll have the money, I'll go for full beadlocks. Considering it's 500$ a piece, it'll be a little further down the road of my JK. For now I have the best of both world - saved money & got myself sweet ass kicks [emoji41]

View attachment 210145View attachment 210146

I would avoid a supercharger like the plague and the 15" wheel is not a good idea either. Buy it once, buy it right. 15" wheels will not allow for brake upgrades and some steering changes as well. Run a 17" wheel.

Why do either? One is overpriced and will damage your engine and the other is just a waste of $$ gimmick.

Obviously you've never ridden in a jeep with a Tornado installed...its almost like then VTEC kicks in, but more throaty I can break the tires loose in 2nd and chirp 3rd with my Tornado Turbo Fuel Saver.

Hahaha. 4 people are "watching" this item...shameful
Simply amazing isn't it.

Why do either? One is overpriced and will damage your engine and the other is just a waste of $$ gimmick.
I think my sarcasm was a little thick on that last post. :cheesy:

Obviously you've never ridden in a jeep with a Tornado installed...its almost like then VTEC kicks in, but more throaty I can break the tires loose in 2nd and chirp 3rd with my Tornado Turbo Fuel Saver.

Sweet. That is the gangster way to drive a Jeep. :thumb:

I would avoid a supercharger like the plague and the 15" wheel is not a good idea either. Buy it once, buy it right. 15" wheels will not allow for brake upgrades and some steering changes as well. Run a 17" wheel.

Sure, if I had the money the first time I would of bought 5K worth of rims right off the bat. The truth is this is a built and daily I'm planning on keeping next to me my whole life. It's the perfect building plateform, to me.

Step by step, I'll get to 40's on 17" beadlocks, bigger brakes, Dana 60's front & rear, headers, cold air intake and, yes, supercharged Jeep or Diesel converted rig. But for now, this is a year old baby Jeep that I use every day on the road and on the trails that I need to upgrade as I go, according to the budget and learning my way around things along the way 🙃 That's my 2 cents on my own build. As for the others, I'm just sharing intel on what I did so far that worked out for me using common sense and research.

Anyways, let us know what you end up choosing for your built! I'm sure a lot of us will be happy to see what made the cut at the end of the day.

Happy building!

Sure, if I had the money the first time I would of bought 5K worth of rims right off the bat. The truth is this is a built and daily I'm planning on keeping next to me my whole life. It's the perfect building plateform, to me.

Step by step, I'll get to 40's on 17" beadlocks, bigger brakes, Dana 60's front & rear, headers, cold air intake and, yes, supercharged Jeep or Diesel converted rig. But for now, this is a year old baby Jeep that I use every day on the road and on the trails that I need to upgrade as I go, according to the budget and learning my way around things along the way 🙃 That's my 2 cents on my own build. As for the others, I'm just sharing intel on what I did so far that worked out for me using common sense and research.

Anyways, let us know what you end up choosing for your built! I'm sure a lot of us will be happy to see what made the cut at the end of the day.

Happy building!

Buying things over and over bc it's "what's in the budget" for now will make this so much more expensive for you. Can't afford beadlocks now? Save for them until you can. Can't afford the proper lift now? Save until you can.

You are going to nearly double what you spend by buying cheap items and then upgrading again later.

Buying things over and over bc it's "what's in the budget" for now will make this so much more expensive for you. Can't afford beadlocks now? Save for them until you can. Can't afford the proper lift now? Save until you can.

You are going to nearly double what you spend by buying cheap items and then upgrading again later.

Sure will. I haven't lift my JK year because I want to do it right. For the rims & tires, I needed those, and the set up I have right now fits my current off road use of the Raccøøn rig. But I'm saving for the other upgrades cause I heard what you're saying and I agree with you on it.

Please explain......

I'd love some explaination too.

While forced air induction doesn't mean guaranteed engine damage, the risk is still there. A naturally aspirated engine typically has a higher compression ratio than a forced air induction engine. So by adding forced air induction on a regular engine, you are increasing cylinder pressures. Also, with modern day electronics, it is tricky to tune engines perfectly unless you know what you're doing, so there is also a greater risk of a lean mixture by adding forced air induction. Lean mixture=heat which will damage internals much faster than a normal a/f mixture.

Top Bottom