What was done to your rig this week?

Wheel spacers in prep for my bigger tires, blacked our grill and got the metal for my custom sliders, which will be done this week......

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130326_174027.png
    ForumRunner_20130326_174027.png
    405.4 KB · Views: 379
  • ForumRunner_20130326_174049.png
    ForumRunner_20130326_174049.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 380
We trashed our steering stabilizer on Sunday. Husband left for Ft. Rucker, AL today leaving me to do the install on the new one.

Nice Job! :thumb: What brand did you go with? Mine has been out for a while and I really need to change it. I'm starting to notice issues with bump steer.

I installed a Trektop NX and some wheel spacers this past weekend.

Hey there, I couldn't help but notice those recovery hooks wedged inside your frame rails at the ass of your jeep. Where might I acquire a set? That would help me feel better about having no bumper back there lol

We trashed our steering stabilizer on Sunday. Husband left for Ft. Rucker, AL today leaving me to do the install on the new one.
]

Good work. When you bust it up next time order a relocation bracket to get it up and away from harm. That way the next one you buy will be the last.

Is that a lift is see? Awesome resources. But gardening gloves? I'm going to send you some wrenching gloves.... dde02
There's an auto crafts shop on post, 3.50 an hour for a lift bay.

As far as the gloves go, They were all I had!

Nice Job! :thumb: What brand did you go with? Mine has been out for a while and I really need to change it. I'm starting to notice issues with bump steer.
Just replaced it with a procomp. It was 35 bucks. We'll probably trash it again so I went with the cheaper option. The one we had was the same, works just great for what it needs to do.

Good work. When you bust it up next time order a relocation bracket to get it up and away from harm. That way the next one you buy will be the last.

I think we are planning on doing the flip kit or something. Heard the husb talking about wanting to do something like that.

Front brake line extension brackets. Not so worried about popping a line now.
A0FBEEEB-EF56-4B12-BAF9-96889FC6A1B1-4746-000003528DA16486_zps623cf147.jpg

This is from their web site;

Product Overview

"This lower shock mount relocation kit has been designed to alleviate multiple clearance and functionality issues that customers experience when lifting their Jeep JK.

By rotating the shock eye perpendicular to the axle tube we have allowed the shock to pivot on the bolt which provides unhindered movement throughout the cycle of the suspension.
Where as the factory style mounting depends solely on the misalignment of the bushing or rod end depending on the style of shock you are using.
The kit out-boards the shock 2.0” and raises it 0.5” creating additional clearance to run a larger bodied shock AND have more downward travel."

I hope that helps.

LOL Thanks answer man I think thats something to look into
I feel like the answer man tonight.

The Thin Blue Line is a colloquial term for police forces. It refers to the police (typically in blue uniforms) as a "line" standing between good and evil (citizens and perpetrators)

Cool I'll have to ask my neighbor if he's putting one on. he just bought a jeep to go out with us. He got sick of seeing all the pics.
She's not that new - bought her in 2008. It's been mostly in New England (but we're in the DC area now) so it's been exposed to a lot of sand and salt. There was a bunch of corrosion on the pin and whatever is used in the hinge (maybe a nylon lining or something) was flaking off pretty bad and jamming it up. The project actually started on the driver’s side door because it was getting to be such a pain to remove the door. I cleaned everything out and applied a nice thick coating of grease and the doors work great now.
well glad it was an easy fix maybe I'll have to try that on my sons TJ.

Scored some free flares so I can experiment and use Wayalife's write up. So, bigger tires are not in the budget right now do you think it might look funny with stock Rubi 255's? I do have 1.5" spacers installed as well.

I finally took some pics. Again, I put on my new Rampage front recovery bumper a couple days ago, I'm loving it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364440161.518870.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364440221.273276.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364440263.168865.jpg

Had to take some serous poser shots before I can post it. Lol

Got the wayalife windshield decal and JK decal in the mail the day before we head off to Moab, heading out tomorrow afternoon, can't wait!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364445631.764316.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364445653.392221.jpg

Bed lined the interior of my JKU!
I bought the Duplicolor Bed Armor kit from Oreilly's and I believe it turned out pretty good! I used a heat gun to remove the gook stuff from the front floor boards, but decided to leave it in the rear.

Removing the gook from the floorboards
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364491518.911913.jpg

Second coat
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364491641.191690.jpg

Finished product!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364491660.902079.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364491678.203204.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364491825.903653.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom