What was done to your rig this week?

wetfootnw

Just finished up the Dynatrac ProGrip break kit install. Took me about 4 hours including clean up and 1 trip to the parts store.
The rear passenger had a bent caliper locating pin and bolt. I was in luck AutoZone had a replacement kit.

Took the Jeep for a quick ride and the breaking is so much better over stock with big 37s.

rampagejk

RampageJK - upgrade few things lately

Got new sPod and 20 inch LED Black Oak

Relocation Rigid D2 from Front to Rear

Got new EVO QUARTER POUNDER FRONT BUMPER W/REVOLUTION STINGER

Got new South Bay Driveline front and rear 1350 since my old Tom Wood 1310 already worn out after 8 years.

JK Jeep 1.jpg JK Jeep 2.jpg JK Jeep 3.jpg JK Jeep 4.jpg JK Jeep 5.jpg JK Jeep 6.jpg JK Jeep 7.jpg

Last edited:

DRTYRAT30

Flexed my RK X-Factor 3.5" a little to check bump stops were hitting centers and no binding or issues. Could squeeze a little more out of it if I trim the rear pinch behind the wheel and shorter bumps. Tires are 37" ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466141328.169794.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466141353.892723.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466141369.323281.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466141384.881898.jpg

Just finished putting in RK high clearance front lower control arms. They were am absolute pain in the ass. Driver side went in fine, passenger side didn't want to line up. Took me and a buddy about 6 hours...shouldn't have taken half that time lol

swampdog

Just finished putting in RK high clearance front lower control arms. They were am absolute pain in the ass. Driver side went in fine, passenger side didn't want to line up. Took me and a buddy about 6 hours...shouldn't have taken half that time lol

A come along / ratchet straps are your friend here. It will take you this long every time you drop them for greasing (I do mine once a month) unless you start using ratchet straps to pull the axle back in place or have a buddy rock the wheel.

A come along / ratchet straps are your friend here. It will take you this long every time you drop them for greasing (I do mine once a month) unless you start using ratchet straps to pull the axle back in place or have a buddy rock the wheel.

Ratchet straps were exactly what we did in the end. Prior to that, we lift and lowered every possible point on the jeep trying to get the alignment right and ended up pushing the axle back with a set of straps. Also disconnected the sway bar on that side which gave us some more playing room. Thank god they have zerk fittings for greasing.

swampdog

Ratchet straps were exactly what we did in the end. Prior to that, we lift and lowered every possible point on the jeep trying to get the alignment right and ended up pushing the axle back with a set of straps. Also disconnected the sway bar on that side which gave us some more playing room. Thank god they have zerk fittings for greasing.

You face your zerks up or down? I faced mine up so they wouldn't get broken off, but that forces me to drop the axle end of the control arm every time I want to grease them. It's a PITA. I have 90 degree zerks but the way it is threaded they face the side and I have to drop the CA.

You face your zerks up or down? I faced mine up so they wouldn't get broken off, but that forces me to drop the axle end of the control arm every time I want to grease them. It's a PITA. I have 90 degree zerks but the way it is threaded they face the side and I have to drop the CA.

RK puts theirs on the bottom, which makes it easy to get to. Thinking about dropping them and putting them back up every time for greasing is giving me a panic attack LOL.

Top Bottom