What was done to your rig this week?

TankJK

Looks good! Straight lines. Question. How did you make the cut edges look so clean. Do you put a trim over it?

Yeah I got automotive door trim from advanced auto. It comes in a package of 18 feet I bought 2 and was able to do all four fenders without any seams. If you are going to use the door trim do it on a hot day or have a heat gun handy cause its much easier to put on when warm and malleable.

TankJK

Looks good! Straight lines. Question. How did you make the cut edges look so clean. Do you put a trim over it?

Also once you cut hit the edges with sandpaper/sanding block, a fine metal file, planer, or drywall rasp just to smooth the edges out and the door trim will bind to it really nice

10abadilla/jk

Also once you cut hit the edges with sandpaper/sanding block, a fine metal file, planer, or drywall rasp just to smooth the edges out and the door trim will bind to it really nice

Looks awesome!! Definitely going to try it out. I was planning on buying new fenders but yours look super clean. Thank you for the info.

TankJK

Looks awesome!! Definitely going to try it out. I was planning on buying new fenders but yours look super clean. Thank you for the info.

Absolutely man cost me about $50 for the trim, new marker lights, painters tape, and sanding block vs. At least 200 for new ones

swampdog

She will be home to stay after Friday. That's when she goes into to get spayed. You are correct haha. Thanks man!

It's going to be so hard but she's going to have to take it easy after she gets spayed for a week. Also, most likely time for a cone of shame for a week or so.

geberhard

Douchebag
Had a fun bday weekend! Got to wash the Jeep:

GUi_slickrock2016_3_zpsngdqqpto.jpg

added some custom scratches:

giu_workdayup_zpsrizspvan.png

it seemed easier at night though:

GUi_slickrock2016_2_zpsc9k904w8.jpg

And liquefied my seat covers after an almost flop\roll :)

Gui_slickrock2016_4_zps4xcwxago.jpeg

Gui_slickrock2016_5_zpsh2e0qpsh.jpeg

And it is a tough life when your friends also have a modeling career :D Dave flexing shot and Chris striking a pose :)

Gui_slickrock2016_6_zps8p3adlny.jpeg

gang_zpsuez7mx3x.jpg

Slickrock in California is a beautiful trail! We got to pick up some trash throughout the trail, but the most disappointing thing was finding trash through the road and camping areas left by others. Please remember to pack in and pack out!

Last edited:

BradsTj

Painted and installed my new rear bumper and tire carrier from the dirtworx. I also did the LED Third brake light mod as well. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465949688.226271.jpg

Top Bottom