What was done to your rig this week?

jeeeep

Hooked
That’s better.
That looks good, it's too late for the winch on my JK, it needs cleanup and paint but I've often thought of a removable aluminum flip cover for the winch.
The bartact looks interesting, wonder if it soaks like neoprene.
I've gone thru 2 neoprene covers, Texas heat destroys neoprene fast.

dchew

Caught the Bug
That looks good, it's too late for the winch on my JK, it needs cleanup and paint but I've often thought of a removable aluminum flip cover for the winch.
The bartact looks interesting, wonder if it soaks like neoprene.
I've gone thru 2 neoprene covers, Texas heat destroys neoprene fast.
I'll let you know. I ordered one. It looks like it is either the same or a copy of the Warn version. Side access zipper and front fly in the same place.

Edit: I don't think it is neoprene like the older Warn covers. At least I hope not.

Dave

Jsouder53

Hooked
is it water proof? neoprene gets destroyed in Texas heat and during the rainy season, may as well not have the winch covered.
It has a mesh back for ventilation in the case it does get wet. But the top and front I believe is water proof. It was parked outside for a couple years and is still in good condition. IMG_5351.jpeg

GP NOIR

Hooked
Did you do this yourself? Do you have to access the spark plugs to do this? Is there a quicker way to do a compression test?

Asking for a lazy friend…
I did the check myself. Spark plugs for #1 & #5 cylinders are the easiest to get to. To get to #3, you have to move a couple of lines and a bracket or two. To get to teh spark plugs #2, #4 & #6 you have to remove the upper intake. Removing the upper intake is easier than it looks. No, there's no quicker way to perform the compression check. To keep the engine from starting, I pulled the fuse for the fuel pump. Problem is, the engine will only turn over a couple of times before the computer cuts out the starter. You have to press the accelerator to the floor to keep the engine cranking. The irony is, if you press the accelerator to the floor, it prevents the engine from starting while you're cranking it over.

The (static) compression test only tells you if a cylinder has low compression. For trouble shooting purposes (to figure what is leaking), a leak down check needs to be performed. I gotta do that next. Probably this Saturday. Maybe I'll shot a video.

What a headache! Jeep driving slow at all? Think the whole pump is toast?
I think it’s a two fold issue. PCV valve is plugged and blowing a fuck ton of oil back into the intake and it’s gettin burnt so all yeah plugs are also toast. Along with the other visible leaks the oil consumption is a bit worry some but, it’s also not enough to cause a low oil pressure. It’s also intermittent so I’m actually suspecting damaged wires or the sending units on the back of the oil cooler.

That being said I’m over wasting money on the 3.6. I’ll patch this up for now but I’ve already started chipmunking parts for a 6.0/6L90E swap.

Top Bottom