What was done to your rig this week?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Once again, I was forced with a tough choice how to spend the money I've been setting aside to replace Gypsy's Grumpy Grill. This time, it was either replace the grill, or get a hotel for our trip this weekend. Get a factory grill and make my lovely wife sleep on the stony, hard cold ground? Or get her a comfortable bed and a Continental Breakfast and continue to suffer ignominy of the Grumpy Grill and humiliation from the forum Grill Mafia?

After agonizing over this hard choice for a full second, I decided to salve my ego and bought a used, freshly painted factory grill I found on Facebook Marketplace.
IMG_6500.jpeg

Once Swambo sees how suave the factory replacement grill looks on Gypsy
IMG_6503.jpeg

Swambo will happily embrace the joy of sleeping under the stars while rocks dig into her back and listening to the bugs exploring her ears and the splash of cold water to rinse the trail dust from her lovely self.

Just kidding! I got the grill for a screaming deal that left me with enough for a two night stay at a hotel. The added bonus is now that we're home, I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight instead of in sleeping bag Swambo tossed out in the backyard.

duktrx

Once again, I was forced with a tough choice how to spend the money I've been setting aside to replace Gypsy's Grumpy Grill. This time, it was either replace the grill, or get a hotel for our trip this weekend. Get a factory grill and make my lovely wife sleep on the stony, hard cold ground? Or get her a comfortable bed and a Continental Breakfast and continue to suffer ignominy of the Grumpy Grill and humiliation from the forum Grill Mafia?

After agonizing over this hard choice for a full second, I decided to salve my ego and bought a used, freshly painted factory grill I found on Facebook Marketplace.
View attachment 391534

View attachment 391535

Swambo will happily embrace the joy of sleeping under the stars while rocks dig into her back and listening to the bugs exploring her ears and the splash of cold water to rinse the trail dust from her lovely self.

Just kidding! I got the grill for a screaming deal that left me with enough for a two night stay at a hotel. The added bonus is now that we're home, I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight instead of in sleeping bag Swambo tossed out in the backyard.

Look it's no longer growling at everyone, it's actually smiling.😁

Jsouder53

Hooked

View attachment 391534

View attachment 391535

What a happy looking Jeep! Congrats!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Now that I’ve gotten rid of the Grumpy Grill, I can focus on getting other accessories guilt free. Found a used Poison Spyder tire carrier on Facebook Marketplace for a real good price and grabbed it!
8D4ED8E9-954B-4531-ADBC-B19F75D9FD97.jpeg
It was white, but a little rattlecan action fixed that up.
DD90CBE5-DBDD-4DFA-BE20-D4645DB87AA5.jpeg
Driving around without a tire hanging off the back has a certain charm to it,
63185F8F-6845-4163-80DC-27EE12282DDA.jpeg
but the spare takes up a LOT of space inside.
FCFD61F5-48C8-4D13-853D-D0643BAB5CB6.jpeg
It’s nice being able to put the rear seat back in when wanted.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Now that I’ve gotten rid of the Grumpy Grill, I can focus on getting other accessories guilt free. Found a used Poison Spyder tire carrier on Facebook Marketplace for a real good price and grabbed it!
View attachment 391663
It was white, but a little rattlecan action fixed that up.
View attachment 391664
Driving around without a tire hanging off the back has a certain charm to it,
View attachment 391665
but the spare takes up a LOT of space inside.
View attachment 391666
It’s nice being able to put the rear seat back in when wanted.
Looks great!

View attachment 391534

View attachment 391535

Brother. Welcome…welcome
LOL. Looks great 👍

Jackboeker83

I finally got around to installing my Lux lights with the pro installer for the aux switch. It was really straight forward but my OCD made it last longer than it needed (wires had to be perfectly ran even tho I kept telling myself that no one would ever see them). I am super happy with the wiring but not sure if I like the placement of the front two lights. The pictures don’t do it justice because of all the street lights around my house but the light is just right and not blinding.

IMG_8662.jpeg IMG_8663.jpeg IMG_8664.jpeg IMG_8666.jpeg IMG_8665.jpeg

Top Bottom