What was done to your rig this week?

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
That sucks. Did you get them thru DT and have the protection plan in them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No sir. I had to eat that one. No discount tire dealers close to my location. I started to buy online and get them put on locally. But mount and balance was going to $130 for 5 tires.
Probably next set will be on beadlocks and I will mount them myself.

Got to scuffing the rings for color matching. All these nooks n crannies make it rather tedious. Hopefully got them well enough and am able to get to them with the paint. Am I correct in my research that it’s really only necessary to dull the shine down for primer to adhere better?
57852819152__9E768E85-C38B-4D5D-AD2F-7A6A9BDC1A9E.jpg

RCVRY

Got to scuffing the rings for color matching. All these nooks n crannies make it rather tedious. Hopefully got them well enough and am able to get to them with the paint. Am I correct in my research that it’s really only necessary to dull the shine down for primer to adhere better?
View attachment 326209

I’d say yup, you’ll be okay. Unless the paint manufacturer says something different. What kind of paint are you using?

By the way I’m totally jealous.

I’d say yup, you’ll be okay. Unless the paint manufacturer says something different. What kind of paint are you using?

By the way I’m totally jealous.

I looked at the paint from Eddie’s write up pictures and went with Express Paint. Their FAQs were where I found info to remove the shine. They also had wheel paint but from what I could tell the difference is it resists brake dust a bit. Didn’t seem necessary for the rings.

Houndy95

Finally got around to installing a EVO evap skid. Also thanks to some of the other threads here I also installed the pieced together quiet crawler exhaust. Have no complaints with the new exhaust, love the tone it has and am very pleased with the install. Next on the list is to get the EVO Protek skid system installed.
20190430_133708.jpg

RCVRY

Just installed a rebuilt TIPM. Install was easy but I did break two of the clamp pins. I would probably recommend on two of the plug clamps giving a small spritz of lube on the post. The old clamps didn’t come apart easy. Did a 12 second reset and the test drive went well. Time will tell if this solves my electrical possession problems. So far the vendor I dealt with has been pleasant and easy to deal with. If their TIPM holds up I’ll give the forum a [emoji106]

A.J.

Finally got around to installing a EVO evap skid. Also thanks to some of the other threads here I also installed the pieced together quiet crawler exhaust. Have no complaints with the new exhaust, love the tone it has and am very pleased with the install. Next on the list is to get the EVO Protek skid system installed.
View attachment 326283

For what? That doesn't look like it's ever run over a bush let alone rocks big enough to need skid plates. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

Today oil change, air filter and a pair of grab handles (thanks Brick!)
My little one helped and asked a ton of questions. At one point she apologized for asking too many questions and I told her it was okay. Sooner or later she’ll ask a question I don’t know the answer to and it will be something we can learn together.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Installed revolution 4310 rear axle shafts. Unfortunately one of the studs started spinning while tightening it to the flange. My brother has a welder so going to try to tack weld it so I can get the seal tight. Also started on my lift, got the rear finished. Man what a job, seems so simple on paper but took me quite a few hours. Debating on keeping the spacers on to give the rear a little bit more height. Anyone do this? Currently on evo 3 inch plush. Also noticed it's time for new brake pads on the progrips so got those ordered.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Installed revolution 4310 rear axle shafts. Unfortunately one of the studs started spinning while tightening it to the flange. My brother has a welder so going to try to tack weld it so I can get the seal tight. Also started on my lift, got the rear finished. Man what a job, seems so simple on paper but took me quite a few hours. Debating on keeping the spacers on to give the rear a little bit more height. Anyone do this? Currently on evo 3 inch plush. Also noticed it's time for new brake pads on the progrips so got those ordered.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I threw in some 3/4 spacers on mine. Didn’t do much but helped a little. Also cranked up the rancho 9000s to 9 and left it there because i always forget when I load up. Very difficult for me to change the settings when it’s loaded up for some reason.

Houndy95

For what? That doesn't look like it's ever run over a bush let alone rocks big enough to need skid plates. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol I hear you. Its still in the build stage. I hope to put them to good use when I make a trip out to MOAB in July. Unfortunately here in FL apart from the muddy swamps or the sugar sand there's not much to play on.

Top Bottom