What was done to your rig this week?

CalSgt

Hooked
That's a great idea for some angle iron.

How much lift are you running? Were you having issues prior and did the drag link flip correct it?
Thanks

I think I’m sitting at about 4 inches right now, I didn’t measure before I pulled the 3.5 plushrides and it is slightly higher

I’ve been fighting some wobble which I thought was being caused from my toe getting knocked out at Moab. That didn’t fix it

My dad was the insistent that my knobby tires were the culprit so I switched my fronts out with the tires from my adventure trailer. That didn’t fix it

I reread the alignment guide in the JL section and realized I set my caster 4 degrees too positive when I set it up after the long arm swap. I misunderstood Eddies instructions and was reading the angle finder backwards. Fixed the caster, that didn’t fix it

everything was tight underneath so I decided to try the flip, when I took everything apart the track bar hole was enlarged. The track bar relocation bracket fixed that. When I pulled the stabilizer it didn’t feel right, when I checked it it didn’t have any nitrogen in it. I already had the King one to replace it.

I haven’t had a wobble since... the steering feels tighter and more responsive also it doesn’t seem to be effected by bumps as much as before

J&k_Overland

everything was tight underneath so I decided to try the flip, when I took everything apart the track bar hole was enlarged.
The track bar has always been at the center of my wobble troubles. I’ve found it’s so helpful to have someone move the wheel back and forth while watching it for play. Mine always felt tight but as soon as I watched from under the Jeep I was shocked to see how much it moved.

CalSgt

Hooked
The track bar has always been at the center of my wobble troubles. I’ve found it’s so helpful to have someone move the wheel back and forth while watching it for play. Mine always felt tight but as soon as I watched from under the Jeep I was shocked to see how much it moved.
Me too, the few other times I experienced wobble the track bar bushings were an obvious smoking gun. When I had someone else move the wheel back and forth I could see the slop in it. This time when we did that I couldn't see or even feel anything moving.

I'm sure the enlarged track bar mounting hole was the biggest factor in the wobble, but I cant help but think my out of balance tires, extreme castor angle, slightly toe out alignment, and busted stabilizer were not helping any.

Faulka28

Added these guys this weekend, feels better to have some much needed protection do myself and others.

Attachments

• 6E4B71E5-34DC-4C7D-9391-93022DDF2281.jpeg
    6E4B71E5-34DC-4C7D-9391-93022DDF2281.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 74911E6B-F9BC-400B-8657-4E8602386202.jpeg
    74911E6B-F9BC-400B-8657-4E8602386202.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom