WELCOME to the All New NOOB Friendly Zone!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like the title of this thread states, this is the all new NOOB Friendly Zone! Whether you're new to Jeeps or just new to the forum, this sub-forum exists for all the questions you might have but don't want to be flamed for posting something stupid. Here, no Jeep or forum related question is a dumb question so please post away. Of course, if you're a long time member of WAYALIFE, we'd love for you to help out where you can by answering what you can. Otherwise, we ask that you please be respectful of the comments made in here or simply refrain from posting in this forum. Thank you. :cool:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
jeep.jpg

Looking to move up to 10s on my rig. Do I need new axles? What size lift would be required?

Obviously joking, but I'm definitely a noob and gonna have a lot of questions for this coming up! Cheers!

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
Looking to move up to 10s on my rig. Do I need new axles? What size lift would be required?

Obviously joking, but I'm definitely a noob and gonna have a lot of questions for this coming up! Cheers!

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm going to respectfully say that your rig looks quite fine the way it is.

Upvote 0

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Dear Valued Customer,

I'm going to respectfully say that your rig looks quite fine the way it is.

Ha!

I've spent the past 6 months or more looking at axles sets, beadlock rims, tire sizes, suspension systems and honestly I'm probably more confused than when I started. Luckily I've got a while longer before the envelope I keep dumping cash in hits critical mass and I'm ready to buy the axle set. And I know when I'm ready to buy you all will be just as excited and helpful as hell.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - Okay guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm but seriously, I'm trying to make it so that people who are legitimately new to Jeeps or this forum can have a place to ask questions without feeling dumb about it. This probably isn't helping.

Upvote 0

Brute

Hooked
LOL - Okay guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm but seriously, I'm trying to make it so that people who are legitimately new to Jeeps or this forum can have a place to ask questions without feeling dumb about it. This probably isn't helping.

When I used to teach repair seminars in the scuba industry I would ask some new “technicians” what the difference was between sae & metric crescent wrenches...some of the answers made me wonder why there wasn’t more catastrophic failures of life support equipment...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Eddie. I hope this new forum goes as planned. I think it will be a welcome addition in that new Jeepers can come here, ask questions and the seasoned ones will not be irritated with new questions which they think are trivial.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie. I hope this new forum goes as planned. I think it will be a welcome addition in that new Jeepers can come here, ask questions and the seasoned ones will not be irritated with new questions which they think are trivial.

Glad to hear you can appreciate what we're trying to do. Don't know if it'll work but I'm hopeful.

Upvote 0

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear you can appreciate what we're trying to do. Don't know if it'll work but I'm hopeful.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. And was hoping it would break the ice.

I've been following the forum for over 2 years (edit: shit it's been 3 years. Where'd the time go!?!) now lurking and learning. And I've asked some really dumb questions and gotten a response with no snark. Definitely been some ribbing on some of my questions/comments/posts but all in good fun. Regardless of what the internet says the people here are awesome,

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am no mechanic so I will spend my time in here reading and most likely asking questions.

Well, it is my hope that most of the questions asked will eventually get moved into appropriate sub-forums but by all means, please ask away.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. And was hoping it would break the ice.

I've been following the forum for over 2 years (edit: shit it's been 3 years. Where'd the time go!?!) now lurking and learning. And I've asked some really dumb questions and gotten a response with no snark. Definitely been some ribbing on some of my questions/comments/posts but all in good fun. Regardless of what the internet says the people here are awesome,

LOL - it's all good and really, I think most of the people here get it. I've just been doing this forum thing a very long time and sometimes forget that there are a LOT of other people who simply don't ask anything because they're afraid of getting flamed, told to use the search function or worse. Basically, this is an experiment of mine and one that I hope can help those people. :cool:

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this part of a court ordered 12 step program or something? :cheesy:

LOL!

Great idea!

:cheesy: Now that's funny!!

It's actually something Cindy and I have been wanting to do for a long time now. For at least a couple of years anyway. Life made us put it on hold but I think we're finally able to get things like this going again.

Glad you can appreciate it :)

Upvote 0

bholder817

thinking of putting 40"s on my stock d30. thoughts?

lol, sorry , but you know it's going to pop up.

I have been a long time member. Started on Jkforum when Eddie owned it and moved here when they sold. I don’t really post much but love the knowledge from everyone who has way more experience than me.

How about maybe we ask the stupid question that irritates us or you hear all the time. Then give the answer in the same.

I mean I know not to go to 40’s on a d30. And I now know it’s a dumb question. But someone here is guaranteed to be thinking about it. And I only know from what I have read.

Upvote 0

trailraider

I have been a long time member. Started on Jkforum when Eddie owned it and moved here when they sold. I don’t really post much but love the knowledge from everyone who has way more experience than me.

How about maybe we ask the stupid question that irritates us or you hear all the time. Then give the answer in the same.

I mean I know not to go to 40’s on a d30. And I now know it’s a dumb question. But someone here is guaranteed to be thinking about it. And I only know from what I have read.

ACTUALLY , A FAQ that pertains to mods might not be a bad sticky somewhere.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom