WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

kevman65

Hooked
Once in 100 years they said... we would never see snow like that again they said... Of course, that was way back during the winter of 2016/2017. And for a while, it seemed like they might be right. Well, here's me digging out knee deep snow today...

View attachment 370251

Not that snow is remarkable for us to see but for there to be this much and still be sticking around? Yeah, this isn't normal. In fact, I'm pretty sure the area has seen "record breaking" snow fall this winter.
Digging? What is this digging you speak of?

Tis what snow blowers were created for...........

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Digging? What is this digging you speak of?

Tis what snow blowers were created for...........
LOL - funny thing is, I have one, I've just never really needed to use it. I think this is the first time that we've had so much of the white stuff build up in drifts and stick around. Guess I need to go out to the shed and see if it'll even fire up.

kevman65

Hooked
LOL - funny thing is, I have one, I've just never really needed to use it. I think this is the first time that we've had so much of the white stuff build up in drifts and stick around. Guess I need to go out to the shed and see if it'll even fire up.
On the extra dry powder stuff, a cordless leaf blower (I have a Milwaukee) does wonders for moving snow.

Just don't blow up wind 😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On the extra dry powder stuff, a cordless leaf blower (I have a Milwaukee) does wonders for moving snow.

Just don't blow up wind 😂
So, typically, we get what we call Sierra Cement as in, it's very wet and heavy. This last storm came in from the north and it was very dry. A leaf blower would have probably been a good idea to use or at least, before it started packing in.

kevman65

Hooked
We generally get wet snow until the end of January start of February. Then when the temp drops out of the bucket we get nothing but dry snow.

So far we've had one snow and it was gone next day. Temps have been above 45 and just rain.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, the biggest bummer about this winter storm, the one that wasn't supposed to happen again, it's that all the major routes over the mountain have been closed... for 3 fricken days now. Just went to the grocery store and holy shit, there's isn't a whole lot to buy or at least, in terms of fresh produce. All I wanted was a salad with dinner and not that iceberg stuff. No eggs or milk either.

IMG_8222.JPG

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, it totally sucks to break down 40" tires when it's 32° out and snowing and installing a new set is even worse. I know I know, I really do need to get me a heater. 🤪

Anyway, off with the old...
IMG_8106.jpg

And on with the new...
IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to Nitto for hooking us up with a brand new set of 40" Trail Grapplers especially during a time when they're near impossible to come by (y)

CalSgt

Hooked
I have to say, it totally sucks to break down 40" tires when it's 32° out and snowing and installing a new set is even worse. I know I know, I really do need to get me a heater. 🤪

View attachment 370312

And on with the new...
View attachment 370313

View attachment 370314

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to Nitto for hooking us up with a brand new set of 40" Trail Grapplers especially during a time when they're near impossible to come by (y)
Thats rad... they're damn near up to the door key holes on the J2000

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 370312

And on with the new...
View attachment 370313

View attachment 370314

Haven’t you been saying that heater thing for like 8 years? Lol

benatc1

Hooked

View attachment 370312

And on with the new...
View attachment 370313

View attachment 370314

Moby getting fresh 40s or are you scheming up something big for another one of your children?

Okay so… let’s see. Posts a pic asking which jeep (jet) made snow tracks. Then shows short video of jet making said tracks while pulling into the shop out back…. Now fresh 40’s on the KMC wheels that were on the JT….Is Jet getting some new axles installed at home? Which would mean they’d have been fixed up with EVO brackets already…. Oh the places my mind can wander.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Moby getting fresh 40s or are you scheming up something big for another one of your children?
Okay so… let’s see. Posts a pic asking which jeep (jet) made snow tracks. Then shows short video of jet making said tracks while pulling into the shop out back…. Now fresh 40’s on the KMC wheels that were on the JT….Is Jet getting some new axles installed at home? Which would mean they’d have been fixed up with EVO brackets already…. Oh the places my mind can wander.
LOL - I brought JET around back to help me break the bead on the old tires. The JT and Moby are both on the tall side for the Hi-Lifts that I have.

And yes, these fresh set of 40's will be for Moby. Not every day that he gets hand me downs but we thought he might look good with bronze wheels. :cool:

LOL - I brought JET around back to help me break the bead on the old tires. The JT and Moby are both on the tall side for the Hi-Lifts that I have.

And yes, these fresh set of 40's will be for Moby. Not every day that he gets hand me downs but we thought he might look good with bronze wheels. :cool:
Oof… yeah Moby is gonna look gooood with the bronze. Not that the Chamber Pro II didn’t look great…the bronze is gonna look awesome.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Definitely glad I am not you. I bet your hands were freezing. lol The end result though is going to look awesome and give Moby an updated look. (y):cool:

onlyone

View attachment 370312

And on with the new...
View attachment 370313

View attachment 370314

Those wheels look awesome with that color.

Top Bottom