VIDEO : Where in the Hell Have We Been?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Very emotional........lost my two parents a few years back, brought back a whole lot of memories as we used to RV out in the whole of western USA for 6 months every two years, then they did it without us kids....created the same memories, same type of albums. My dad also brought us to jeeps by taking us to Jeep Jamboree '83 as the Head of AMC/Renault (at the time), it never left me....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for sharing your personal heartfelt video. It was well done and brought back many memories both good and bad from my past as well. My prayers go out to you and I hope they Journey continues as long as possible.

I lost both of my parents to Alzheimer's 13 days apart. When ever my parents moved us Dad always went first and got everything set up for us beforehand. He did the same in his passing.

We lost my wife's parents to similar circumstances. It's difficult to watch but it makes you realize how precious life itself is. One thing is you have all the outstanding memories to share with each other, please don't loose that.

Take as much time as you need, we'll be here for you.
Thank you for that. Cindy and I really do appreciate it.
I am so sorry to read this news. I am going through very similar issues with my father in law, Alzheimer and cancer at the same time. Getting old is not fun.

Best wishes,
David
We're so sorry to hear you're going through this too. Please take care.
Thank you for sharing.
Hope it all works out well for you guys.
Dealing with that stuff is never easy.
Take care
Thank you.
Eddie/Cindy
Thanks for sharing.
Matt
Thank you my friend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very emotional........lost my two parents a few years back, brought back a whole lot of memories as we used to RV out in the whole of western USA for 6 months every two years, then they did it without us kids....created the same memories, same type of albums. My dad also brought us to jeeps by taking us to Jeep Jamboree '83 as the Head of AMC/Renault (at the time), it never left me....
We're so glad to hear that we were able to bring happy memories of your parents to you.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Really nice video. I really applaud letting all of us in to see what's been happening, and the courage to talk about Cindy's parents.

Hohertz

Thanks for the update and glad to hear yall are taking the time to be there for family. That's what is most important. I recently have lost both my grandparents on my Dad's side in just over a year of each other. This video definitely resonated with me, so thank you for sharing. Wish yall all the best!

Blrover1

Eddie and Cindy thank you for sharing that heartfelt video. You guys make the best videos no matter what the subject is. I lost my Father to Dementia back in 2015 and he was in a memory care unit. God bless you two!

rmccown

Thoughts go out to you guys. Lost my dad to Alzheimer's, but it took 15 years. At the end he was just this confused old man who knew he should know who we were, but couldnt remember. Mom, on the other hand, is still going strong at 92.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Can't imagine what the last two years have been like for you and Cindy. Wishing you all the best.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really nice video. I really applaud letting all of us in to see what's been happening, and the courage to talk about Cindy's parents.
Thank you.
Thanks for the update and glad to hear yall are taking the time to be there for family. That's what is most important. I recently have lost both my grandparents on my Dad's side in just over a year of each other. This video definitely resonated with me, so thank you for sharing. Wish yall all the best!
We really do appreciate it.
Eddie and Cindy thank you for sharing that heartfelt video. You guys make the best videos no matter what the subject is. I lost my Father to Dementia back in 2015 and he was in a memory care unit. God bless you two!
Thank you. It's been tough for sure but we're doing better now.
Thoughts go out to you guys. Lost my dad to Alzheimer's, but it took 15 years. At the end he was just this confused old man who knew he should know who we were, but couldnt remember. Mom, on the other hand, is still going strong at 92.
Simply amazing. Thank you for the thoughts.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I’m sorry to hear about what you and Cindy have been handling. I think everyone here agrees that your family comes first.

Agreed, family is what's truly first. I have grandparents in their late 80s who have been fortunate enough to keep going strong. Can't imagine what's it like to go through what you guys have been through. Best wishes to you 4 and thanks for sharing. That's the real Wayalife.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sorry to hear about what you and Cindy have been handling. I think everyone here agrees that your family comes first.
Agreed, family is what's truly first. I have grandparents in their late 80s who have been fortunate enough to keep going strong. Can't imagine what's it like to go through what you guys have been through. Best wishes to you 4 and thanks for sharing. That's the real Wayalife.
Thanks guys, we appreciate the understanding and support.

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm sure that was a very difficult aspect of your life to share with us, thank you. I've been trying to keep my dad busy helping me with projects because it nearly guarantees we will spend every weekend together until we finish. The possibility of assisted living for my parents has been rolling around in my head for years, I just hope my wife or I will be able to retire before either of them get bad enough to need constant supervision.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing something so personal. But from what I can tell Cindy’s parents lived a full life before getting this BS. God bless!!

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I was dealing with end of life care the last few years so I have an idea what you are going through. Nothing will make it easy. Make them happy and comfortable the best you can. You guys are awesome!

Bear_JT

Hooked
Cindy and Eddie, you guys are awesome. Thank you for sharing this video, I’m sure it wasn’t easy. Thank you for being great people and still finding time to do what you do for all of us here. I can’t wait to see what the future holds with that build your Jeep button.

Elroy231

Thanks for sharing not just a video , but a very intimate part of you and Cindy's life.
Bless yall for stepping up and helping where it's needed in the family.

bhaner

I remember back a few months ago when I was asking about the new years run... You said you were trying as hard as you could to put something together. Not knowing your situation I took a step back and decided to just be patient. I am glad I did. I had no idea what you were going through. I want to thank you again for talking the time to put the event together. I understand now that you have had a ton on your plate.

I had a similar situation with my grandparents back in the 90's. A grandmother with ALS and shortly after a grandfather with cancer, brain tumors, and alzheimers/dimentia. I know all too well how time consuming taking care of someone you care about can be. As they say... Been there... Done that... Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom