VIDEO : The masses have spoken and so... We Bought New Shoes for Pippi

sparkchaser1968

I agree, great looking shoes! Do they rub at all with normal driving? Just curious---as you spoke of in your video, Im sure they will on the trails. Can't wait to see your solution being that you have the stock theme going :)
By the way, I wish to thank you personally for all the info and how to videos you do--I installed the ARB compressor with remote as you did in your video on my JL and my wife's JL this weekend--your info was priceless! Again, thank you so much Eddie.

pop2tu

Looks great. I love the looks of a 33 on a 2 door. Everyone is talking rubicon fenders, I bet you have a set of 4 door rubicon springs somewhere in the garage. They would give just a bit of lift and still be stockish.

dpowell5523

I love the Ridge Grapplers. I have a set on my Gladiator now and a set that I picked up used for when the current ones wear out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great like that. Needs some window tint and color matched fenders now. You complied with my last request for tires so I expect this completed by next Sunday.
:ROFLMAO: so noted! 😁
Mentioned on the video, but looks really good and, would be fun to see her on that same same trail with the new shoes. Also, people seem to be really stoked on this “stock build” series; think you’ll have some serious views on these.
Yeah, that's probably something we could do. Have to be sooner than later though as it's starting to really warm up in the desert LOL. As far as views go, we weren't 100% sure how people would respond to our Pippi Project especially when everything you see on social media is all about big built up sponsored rigs but surprisingly, we are seeing a lot of people liking it. :cool:
I love how you are going with the "stock" approach on the Pippy build.... I am very interested on what's going to be next... Rubicon Fender flares?
You'll just have to wait and see what comes next :)
Wheels and tires can really change the look, looks great.

I agree with OverlanderJK, window tint (y)
LOL - it'll be on the to do list :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the new set up. The ridge grap is one of my favorite tires to date. Curious to what fenders you are gonna do. OEM rubicon is what I’m thinking but the rugged ridge fenders look good as well.
The best part of Pippi is that everything is on the table. Just gotta see what we're feeling like is needed and why. :)
Looks great, I do love those Ridge grapplers. Those tires totally change they look for the better!
Totally agree. I can't say that I was really a fan of them until I'd seen what it can do out on the trail. Really happy with them now.
Scuff em up, spray on some bedliner, and hike her skirts up.
LOL
Pippi is looking great with the new tires! Looking forward to see what you do next.

I was waiting for you to pull out the tape measure but you let me down… 🤣🤣
LOL - too funny. I'll have to keep that in mind.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking tires! Does discount tire offer a pro rated amount for the used tires? Thought they would, but not sure.
I don't know for sure being that we kept our old wheels and tires.
They make such a big difference. Pippi looks great.
Thank you :)
I love the Ridge Grapplers. I have a set on my Gladiator now and a set that I picked up used for when the current ones wear out.
Very cool! Always nice to hear others like yourself are digging the tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, great looking shoes! Do they rub at all with normal driving? Just curious---as you spoke of in your video, Im sure they will on the trails. Can't wait to see your solution being that you have the stock theme going :)
By the way, I wish to thank you personally for all the info and how to videos you do--I installed the ARB compressor with remote as you did in your video on my JL and my wife's JL this weekend--your info was priceless! Again, thank you so much Eddie.
So far, I haven't seen any rubbing with normal driving but I'll try pushing it with full lock turns, like getting into tight parking spaces and adding in a driveway or something like it. If there is steering rubbing, I'll find it.

As far as your ACM goes, so happy to hear you're happy with yours and that our video was helpful!
Looks great. I love the looks of a 33 on a 2 door. Everyone is talking rubicon fenders, I bet you have a set of 4 door rubicon springs somewhere in the garage. They would give just a bit of lift and still be stockish.
LOL - yeah, we definitely have a few things still packed away in the garage. Hmmm.
I know this is a Pippi video, but wow has Ripley gotten big!
LOL - Oh yeah, she's bigger and fluffier :)

Discount Tire

Thank you for another excellent adventure with Pippi. It's amazing with a it makes just changing out tires and wheels.

It will be interesting seeing some of the differences in traction going to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Thank you for the excellent video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for another excellent adventure with Pippi. It's amazing with a it makes just changing out tires and wheels.

It will be interesting seeing some of the differences in traction going to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Thank you for the excellent video.
Hey my friend, thank you for all the help with these new tires and getting me setup with my local Discount Tire shop! (y)

Top Bottom