VIDEO : RAMPAGE Trailview Fastback Soft Top for a Jeep JL Wrangler 4-Door

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yep, the storage compartment is only over the rear passengers. You can see me opening it up to reveal the rear window buckles. I should note, I've only had it on for a short while so it'd be hard for me to give it a full endorsement until more time has passed.

Understood... I'll be curious what your long term review is... Besides, as much as I want to run a slant top, there no way I could give up the space of a full top when packing for 4 people. I need every sq. in of storage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Understood... I'll be curious what your long term review is... Besides, as much as I want to run a slant top, there no way I could give up the space of a full top when packing for 4 people. I need every sq. in of storage.
The loss of space with one is legit.

Great to see other companies giving bestop something to be nervous about. Gonna have to check this one out for the JK. My top is… uh still fucked up.

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the look of top but not the loss of space.

I've considered carrying less :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I almost got that out with a straight face.

Holy crap that looks killer! And what an awesome install video! I was on the fence about a fastback top but I think I'm sold now! Cool to see the competitive features of that Rampage top. Gonna give it a look now 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Safari Top mode looks awesome.
Thanks! It's how we prefer to run our Jeeps most of the year. Nice part about it is that we can now button it up and make it a full top too :D
Great looking top! Jets starting to look more like Moby with each new instal. lol
LOL - well, that is kinda the idea 😎
Great to see other companies giving bestop something to be nervous about. Gonna have to check this one out for the JK. My top is… uh still fucked up.
So, I've installed a Trektop, a Rugged Ridge top and now this one and so far, I have to say that I like this one the best. Granted, there was a lot to the install but all the extra and unique features it has really makes it nicer. Assuming it holds up long term, I think this will be the way for me to go from here on out.
I like the look of top but not the loss of space.

I've considered carrying less :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I almost got that out with a straight face.
LOL - the loss of cargo space is real.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap that looks killer! And what an awesome install video! I was on the fence about a fastback top but I think I'm sold now! Cool to see the competitive features of that Rampage top. Gonna give it a look now 👍
Competition is always a good thing and I'm happy to test these other tops out.
real nice.......
Thanks!
Another Great video!!!!!!!!! So it need a few self tapping screws to assemble, got it !!!!!!!!!
LOL - there were a couple that needed to be installed.

gatorator

love their tonneau cover, now this will be my next addition. Well done, ty Wayalife team.

Attachments

• jade.jpg
    jade.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 6

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, before anyone pulls the trigger on this top, I need to say that I've come across an issue with ours. Specifically, when driving faster than 70 mph and or driving into a strong headwind, the top seems to pull away from the windshield just a bit. This causes a lot of noise and I would imagine, could cause water leaks. When I get a chance, I do intend to call Rampage to see if maybe I did something wrong during install or to see if there is a fix for this. Anyway, just thought I should put this out there.

falcon241073

I had this top on my jk. I loved it. Never leaked when it rained. Drove and Jeep sat in many a super cell thunderstorms.

I actually broke the rear plastic top corner on a trail. Climbing a almost vertical wall the Jeep leaned left and tapped the large rock on top of the obstacle. Lol. Called rampage the next week to order a new corner piece. (I had duct taped it for the time being.) that’s when I found out Lund owned rampage. I had had the top almost two years at this point so no warranty. I wasn’t even wanting to try a warranty claim as I was the one who broke the part. The lady told me they didn’t sell just that part but they had the whole door surround. Ok I guess I’m buying the whole thing because I really need that corner piece. She asked for my address then refused to let me pay for the part. So I offered to pay for shipping. She refused that and then overnighted me the parts. Beyond excellent customer service.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had this top on my jk. I loved it. Never leaked when it rained. Drove and Jeep sat in many a super cell thunderstorms.

I actually broke the rear plastic top corner on a trail. Climbing a almost vertical wall the Jeep leaned left and tapped the large rock on top of the obstacle. Lol. Called rampage the next week to order a new corner piece. (I had duct taped it for the time being.) that’s when I found out Lund owned rampage. I had had the top almost two years at this point so no warranty. I wasn’t even wanting to try a warranty claim as I was the one who broke the part. The lady told me they didn’t sell just that part but they had the whole door surround. Ok I guess I’m buying the whole thing because I really need that corner piece. She asked for my address then refused to let me pay for the part. So I offered to pay for shipping. She refused that and then overnighted me the parts. Beyond excellent customer service.
That is awesome to hear! (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should also note that I don't think the problem I'm seeing would occur on a JK as the windshield header clamps are on the top and clamp on to the windshield. This seems to provide a much tighter fit. On the JL top that I have, the clamps are installed on the windshield and hook onto the top. While there is adjustment that can be made, I can't seem to get it tight enough. In any case, I have reached out to Rampage and hope they can assist me.

I think that's a pretty broad conclusion to draw for all 2 door owners.
I did buy a 2 door and it was not because of the relatively small price jump to the 4 door. I bought it because of the nimbleness and agility, because I was coming from a mid-engine sports car where the driver sits in the exact center, and lastly out of a strong respect for Jeep history.

But aftermarket vendors only see that in most areas 90% or more of jeeps are 4 door and that most 2 doors sold are cheaper sport models (like Pippi) and so there are far fewer parts for 2 door.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I finally got a chance to call Rampage and they were very polite and quick to explain what I did wrong. Apparently, the new clamps they provide need to be installed OVER the OE brackets on the windshield frame. This is in fact shown in the instructions but not explained in writing and so like a moron, I completely missed it. Needless to say, this is the fix and now I'm once again, SUPER HAPPY with my new Rampage top!

Kudos to Rampage for their great customer service! (y)

Top Bottom