VIDEO : RAMPAGE Trailview Fastback Soft Top for a Jeep JL Wrangler 4-Door

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A fastback soft top is something that Cindy and I have run on all our 4-door Jeep Wranglers and mainly because we love the way they look. But, there are other benefits to them such as being a lot lighter than a hard top, typically more affordable than a factory soft top and they can easily be transformed into a sleek, sun shading safari top, simply by removing the rear windows. Needless to say, when we finally got around to getting one on JET, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, we chose to get a Rampage Trailview Fastback Soft Top. In this video, you'll get to see how to install one as well as what it looks like in all it's awesome configurations.

RAMPAGE TrailView Fastback Soft Top: https://amzn.to/3iBxAMl
Milwaukee M12 Ratchet: https://amzn.to/3kg1sNV
Tekton Torx Bit Set: https://amzn.to/3gkH6Sj

TrailHunter

Hooked
Is the biggest benefit with the Rampage over the Best Top... the price? Or are there other benefits? One I do see is the way the front section lays down nice and flat when opened... I dig that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the biggest benefit with the Rampage over the Best Top... the price? Or are there other benefits? One I do see is the way the front section lays down nice and flat when opened... I dig that.
Price is a benefit for sure but I personally like the metal door surrounds (the Bestop plastic ones I had broke), I like that it still has zippers (new Bestop JL ones do not) and yes, I really like how easy the Trailview top is to open and how it sits so nice, clean and flat.

WJCO

Meme King
That looks pretty sweet. I know there was considerable time involved in filming the install, but any estimate of how much time it would take to install this?

CalSgt

Hooked
I never used to like the fastback tops but they are really growing on me, great video as usual. Your chicken pox scars look like they finally healed up, that had to have been miserable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that there is one other HUGE benefit of this top over the Trektop and that is, you can store the rear windows in the top when running in Safari mode. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks pretty sweet. I know there was considerable time involved in filming the install, but any estimate of how much time it would take to install this?
So, the longest part of the install is all the screws. However, if you knew all the steps involved and well, I think you could easily install this in about 2 hours. With the exception of building the door surrounds, I've taken apart the top in about 10 min. Putting it back on in about the same time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I never used to like the fastback tops but they are really growing on me, great video as usual. Your chicken pox scars look like they finally healed up, that had to have been miserable.
They are far from practical but I do like the look of them and being that we run most of our Jeeps doorless and or topless most of the year, it's nice to have something that can also serve as a Safari top that can also become a full top quickly.

And yes, the little buggers are finally starting to heal up. 🤪

TrailHunter

Hooked
I should note that there is one other HUGE benefit of this top over the Trektop and that is, you can store the rear windows in the top when running in Safari mode. :)
No shit... so it's like a big pocket above the passengers? Can you still open the front section with them in there? What's crazy to me, is this top is cheaper than the bestop sunrider for hardtop.

Dayum that looks good. Love the safari config. Mrs wants to know how does it hold up in the hard driving rain. I said I didnt think it has ever rained in Nevada?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No shit... so it's like a big pocket above the passengers? Can you still open the front section with them in there? What's crazy to me, is this top is cheaper than the bestop sunrider for hardtop.
Yep, the storage compartment is only over the rear passengers. You can see me opening it up to reveal the rear window buckles. I should note, I've only had it on for a short while so it'd be hard for me to give it a full endorsement until more time has passed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dayum that looks good. Love the safari config. Mrs wants to know how does it hold up in the hard driving rain. I said I didnt think it has ever rained in Nevada?
LOL - it rains and it snows up here. How will it hold up in those conditions? eh, most likely just okay. Same is true of any top like this that I've run and nothing short of a hard top will do good.

Top Bottom