VIDEO : HOW TO Turn Off 'LIGHTS OUT' Error Code on a JL / JT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn that was a lot and something I know too well recently. Installed my Tazer myself this weekend prior to my trip up the 395. Way worth it though! Love the options it gives especially getting rid of the start/stop feature lol

One thing I couldn’t figure out and maybe you could help (sorry if this is off topic from the thread) but the button mapping for the sway bar disconnect. How exactly does that work for disconnecting in 2wd over 30 mph? Is it just holding the button? Maybe another video tutorial 😜 lol

Back to the topic though LOL awesome video and thanks for the detailed steps. I know sometimes the tazer can get a little confusing with all the steps. 👍👍🥃 Also Ripley always ready to play frisbee love it!
You know, I don't know if I've ever tried playing with the sway bar disconnect in 2WD. I have to give it a look. I assume you have your Tazer installed when driving or have a mini installed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So just to be clear, if your going from normal bulbs to led then you just need to follow the normal process of switching it to led thru the tazer? This is for only if you go from factory led to an aftermarket led.
I'm pretty sure it just turns off the lighting health monitors. If you have standard bulbs and install LED's, I think it should address that too.

CalSgt

Hooked
One thing I couldn’t figure out and maybe you could help (sorry if this is off topic from the thread) but the button mapping for the sway bar disconnect. How exactly does that work for disconnecting in 2wd over 30 mph? Is it just holding the button? Maybe another video tutorial 😜 lol

On mine in 2 or 4 Hi I have to come to a complete stop after pressing the sway bar button. My EVIC will say it wont disconnect unless in 4 Low, then says sway disconnect in progress and unlocks it. However as soon as I go over 30 mph it reconnects, then will disconnect again automatically the next time I come to a stop.

I don't remember if I had to do any steps in the Taser to make it work that way

Bullwinckle

Hooked
You know, I don't know if I've ever tried playing with the sway bar disconnect in 2WD. I have to give it a look. I assume you have your Tazer installed when driving or have a mini installed?
Yup I have the mini installed and left it in for the live features.
On mine in 2 or 4 Hi I have to come to a complete stop after pressing the sway bar button. My EVIC will say it wont disconnect unless in 4 Low, then says sway disconnect in progress and unlocks it. However as soon as I go over 30 mph it reconnects, then will disconnect again automatically the next time I come to a stop.

I don't remember if I had to do any steps in the Taser to make it work that way
Thanks guys! I'll have to mess around with it more and see. If anything I'll just end up buying the Evo motor delete and turn off the light. lol

Billy Joe

JL Sport with halogen lights. I changed to "high clearance" fenders and of course LED blinkers. I had this message, "front turn signal out". This instruction, with the JL Tazer corrected the issue but only after performing the "hokey-pokey"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JL Sport with halogen lights. I changed to "high clearance" fenders and of course LED blinkers. I had this message, "front turn signal out". This instruction, with the JL Tazer corrected the issue but only after performing the "hokey-pokey"
Glad to hear the hokey-pokey worked for ya LOL

Top Bottom