VIDEO : HOW TO Turn Off 'LIGHTS OUT' Error Code on a JL / JT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS OUT is the error message Cindy and I saw on our dash EVIC soon after installing a set of blackout LED taillights on our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Of course, we knew this was most likely going to happen in spite of the fact that our JL came with LED lights and that's because the new blackout ones were made to replace a set of standard incandescent lights. And, while we thought this would be easy enough to fix, especially being that we have a Z Automotive Tazer installed, we soon found out that you actually need to do a very specific set of things to turn the error code off. In this video, you'll get to see what those things are and I should note, this will also work on a JT Gladiator and will even work for headlights, fog lights and even turn signal DRL lights.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Tazer Mini JL/JT* : https://amzn.to/3s2AxKs

* Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and WAYALIFE does earn a small kickback for purchases made through them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol! What a process! Think I’ll do my darndest to never break my rears. Haha.
LOL - As I note in the video, this also works for people who've installed new DRL's or headlights or even fog lights. All this process does is turn off the Jeep computer LED health monitor. That gets rid of any of the lights out errors :)

LOL - As I note in the video, this also works for people who've installed new DRL's or headlights or even fog lights. All this process does is turn off the Jeep computer LED health monitor. That gets rid of any of the lights out errors :)
Ah yeah, I did note that. Thanks for the video!

Lperdue

Thanks for the video and information, I’m currently fighting Jaela’s DRLs after doing the fender chop.

Lperdue

This will take care of it! I used it on our JT after tearing off our DRLs and it worked.
Thanks now she can stop yelling at me for “tearing up her blinkers” since they blink weird as hell on her dash :ROFLMAO:. Outside of the car they look and function perfect.

CalSgt

Hooked
There was something I did with my taser that took a few "Hokey-Pokeys" but no where close to that... Glad you got it figured out & documented on video so I won't have to put up with that error message when my lights are due for replacement.

See if I were doing this I'd completely lose the amount of times I had rebooted already after throwing a frisbee to Ripley... Lol, great walk through though should be useful to many people who swap out any of their lights. 👍

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that was a lot and something I know too well recently. Installed my Tazer myself this weekend prior to my trip up the 395. Way worth it though! Love the options it gives especially getting rid of the start/stop feature lol

One thing I couldn’t figure out and maybe you could help (sorry if this is off topic from the thread) but the button mapping for the sway bar disconnect. How exactly does that work for disconnecting in 2wd over 30 mph? Is it just holding the button? Maybe another video tutorial 😜 lol

Back to the topic though LOL awesome video and thanks for the detailed steps. I know sometimes the tazer can get a little confusing with all the steps. 👍👍🥃 Also Ripley always ready to play frisbee love it!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So just to be clear, if your going from normal bulbs to led then you just need to follow the normal process of switching it to led thru the tazer? This is for only if you go from factory led to an aftermarket led.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There was something I did with my taser that took a few "Hokey-Pokeys" but no where close to that... Glad you got it figured out & documented on video so I won't have to put up with that error message when my lights are due for replacement.
LOL - glad our video will be of help to you someday. It's funny because I had a ton of people tell me how easy it should be to turn off the error code and I tried! But, it was only until I did the hokie pokie that it finally worked. 🤪

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
See if I were doing this I'd completely lose the amount of times I had rebooted already after throwing a frisbee to Ripley... Lol, great walk through though should be useful to many people who swap out any of their lights. 👍
LOL - too funny and I'm sure if it were up to Ripley, we'd still be playing and the error would still be there.

Top Bottom