VIDEO : A Timeless Good Time - Swamp Lake Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of our favorite places in California to go camping and wheel is up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and close to the town of Shaver Lake. And, while the area is best known for the Dusy Ershim, there are in fact a ton of other great trails and one of the more technical ones, is known as Swamp Lake. Now, I should note that this is in fact a trip that we filmed about 10 years ago and for reasons that completely elude us, we never made a video of it or at least, not until now. Obviously, you won't be seeing any Jeep JL Wranglers or JT Gladiators but we hope that you'll stick around to watch it anyway, if only because, it's still a great story, filled with lots of fun wheeling and let's be honest, good times out on the trail are always timeless.

#jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #wayalife #swamplake #shaverlake #sierranevada #mountains #california

WJCO

Meme King
Great video. Loved watching that tree snap with your winch maneuvers. I ran across something similar once and have carried a chainsaw ever since.

Any idea what kind of gemstone that was in your hand towards the end?

jeeeep

Hooked
great video, good to see the JK in its natural element. damn, there were some youngsters in the video.

nice tree winching, reminds me I need to add a chainsaw to my carry wish list. Hope to make it out to more forest roads this summer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Loved watching that tree snap with your winch maneuvers. I ran across something similar once and have carried a chainsaw ever since.

Any idea what kind of gemstone that was in your hand towards the end?
I'm pretty sure they were mining for tungsten in the area but I have also talked to locals who've said they were digging for garnets in the area.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
great video, good to see the JK in its natural element. damn, there were some youngsters in the video.

nice tree winching, reminds me I need to add a chainsaw to my carry wish list. Hope to make it out to more forest roads this summer
Chainsaw is always helpful to have. :)

Steve Flaim

One of our favorite places in California to go camping and wheel is up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and close to the town of Shaver Lake. And, while the area is best known for the Dusy Ershim, there are in fact a ton of other great trails and one of the more technical ones, is known as Swamp Lake. Now, I should note that this is in fact a trip that we filmed about 10 years ago and for reasons that completely elude us, we never made a video of it or at least, not until now. Obviously, you won't be seeing any Jeep JL Wranglers or JT Gladiators but we hope that you'll stick around to watch it anyway, if only because, it's still a great story, filled with lots of fun wheeling and let's be honest, good times out on the trail are always timeless.

#jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #wayalife #swamplake #shaverlake #sierranevada #mountains #california
Love the video - glad you put it up. Fun to watch!!

Top Bottom