Vengeance, part III

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Love this thread and glad you were the one who got vengeance Jerry. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

jdofmemi

Love this thread and glad you were the one who got vengeance Jerry. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks Josh, and great that you got to see it in action first hand.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Congrats again! :rock:

Thanks. I'm sure you will be seeing more soon😁

Subbed and looking forward to wheeling with you in the new rig.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks👍 As I am looking forward to wheeling with you and your new mods.

jdofmemi

Stopped by some friends last night, and everyone wanted a ride in Vengeance.

On the fourth ride, after dragging a bit on a ledge climbing my local test hill, I heard a horrible metallic racket coming from underneath.

It turns out the gas tank skid plate was missing an upper front bolt. That, coupled with some prior damage and rust, let the skid shift over and the yoke was banging in it.

Fortunately, since I was close to home, I was able to work on it in the garage. It took some doing, but with three jacks, a piece of Oak, and a chain and binder I was able to line up the hole.

I borrowed a bolt from a less important place to fix it, and will replace that bolt later.

I'm thankful for a quick "easy" fix.
PXL_20210407_053631789_copy_800x1066.jpg PXL_20210407_054047862_copy_800x600.jpg PXL_20210407_061939363_copy_800x600.jpg PXL_20210407_053643898_copy_800x600.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that's pretty ghetto with the bottle jack fix! I like it!! (y)

As far as that gas tank goes, it clearly has seen some better days :oops:

jdofmemi

Now that's pretty ghetto with the bottle jack fix! I like it!! (y)

As far as that gas tank goes, it clearly has seen some better days :oops:
I started with the Oak. Put the floor jack to hold it up. Then the end slipped down off the frame, so I put the jack close to that end to stop it.
Then, as I pushed with the jack, the near end wanted to go to the rear, so I chained it.
The wood was stubborn. Now, when I jacked, the near end wanted to go down🤬
That's when the third jack came to the party. The Oak finally submitted and stayed put😁

It's a good thing, as I was running out of room for more tools under there🤣

J&k_Overland

I started with the Oak. Put the floor jack to hold it up. Then the end slipped down off the frame, so I put the jack close to that end to stop it.
Then, as I pushed with the jack, the near end wanted to go to the rear, so I chained it.
That's when the third jack came to the party. The Oak finally submitted and stayed put😁

That’s how shit usually works out for me too.

Weebz

Caught the Bug

I call that impressive. First of all who has that many bottle jacks? Lol. Nice creativity Jerry. You better have all this sorted out by our next run

jdofmemi

I call that impressive. First of all who has that many bottle jacks? Lol. Nice creativity Jerry. You better have all this sorted out by our next run
Two Jeeps, so I need two of most everything, or else I risk being without something that I need, as I forgot it in the other Jeep 🤣
What is that red bottle Jack? Looks like it extends super far.
I got it at Tractor Supply. I think it is Torrin? It is a 6 ton, as that's what they had in stock. My other one is a 4 ton Harbor Freight.
I like the longer stroke on the red one. My 4 ton I have to use a block under to get high enough.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Stopped by some friends last night, and everyone wanted a ride in Vengeance.

On the fourth ride, after dragging a bit on a ledge climbing my local test hill, I heard a horrible metallic racket coming from underneath.

It turns out the gas tank skid plate was missing an upper front bolt. That, coupled with some prior damage and rust, let the skid shift over and the yoke was banging in it.

Fortunately, since I was close to home, I was able to work on it in the garage. It took some doing, but with three jacks, a piece of Oak, and a chain and binder I was able to line up the hole.

I borrowed a bolt from a less important place to fix it, and will replace that bolt later.

I'm thankful for a quick "easy" fix.
View attachment 361451 View attachment 361452 View attachment 361453 View attachment 361454
Damn you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve! Nice work

Elroy231

Glad it was a somewhat quick and easy repair for now and no major damage was done. Rust is such an evil thing. Deal with plenty of it in this region.
Glad to see that jeep so much more lately.

Top Bottom