Uh oh, GCM2 flopped today...

time for a new cage? I hope it didnt tweak the body to bad

You know it! EVO cage at some point..... The body unfortunately in this kind of event is going to get tweaked because the cage's point of tie-in the rear is simply the rear quarters. When the cage runs down through and ties in the frame like it should, no problems. We straightened about 90% of the twist by unbolting the cage's crossmembers and tieing my rig down to Jim Mcgean's dually hauler, then used the two door JK's winch to do some body shop style untwisting. If you had not known about the rollover prior to seeing my jeep in its current state, I dont think you could tell or believe what happened.

Just was able to read the post, Good to see both of you are ok! and damage doesn't look to bad. I agree build it strong!!!:standing wave:

The most amazing part is the windshield is unscathed, can't believe it didn't crack!

Yeah, not sure how you managed that! I think my windshield cracked from the driver of the car in front of me flicking a boogar out their window on the freeway.

Greg i think you're dead on about the repairability of metal i am glad to see your spirit was not damaged brother. i suspect roll overs are in the top 5 reasons why mall crawlers where invented. Lol. Was anyone else in your rig when she went over?

Last edited:
......Was anyone else in your rig when she went over?

Little Melvin Wade was my co-pilot for the day. He jumped out to go spot along side the two door his dad was driving, so he wasn't in the vehicle at the time. No biggie though, he wheels enough with his dad, Big Mel, to know those lap belts from my race harness are worn at a minimum all the time when in the rig! Thanks for the PM brother!

Greg your JK is looking just as awesome post flop as it did before. Truly a well built JK. Looks like if it weren't for the aft portion of the roll bar contacting a rock, the damage would have been minimized to the a-pillar and hood, and maybe a few scuffs elsewhere. I plan to follow a build similar to your when I get home.

Update to the flop; I started doing a little body repair yesterday on the EVOJEEP, coming along nicely. Should have the dings and scrapes fixed by next weekend when I return home from another week on the road. The hood is getting replaced (and possibly upgraded), so no work being done to that. Sorry, forgot to take pics. I will grab some Friday when I get back into the garage.

Sorry to hear you flopped man. But, glad you're ok and starting to get your rig back to its former glory! Can't wait to see the upgrades you slap on EVOJeep! Good luck!

Update to the flop; I started doing a little body repair yesterday on the EVOJEEP, coming along nicely. Should have the dings and scrapes fixed by next weekend when I return home from another week on the road. The hood is getting replaced (and possibly upgraded), so no work being done to that. Sorry, forgot to take pics. I will grab some Friday when I get back into the garage.

Nice to hear you're getting some of the dings polished out. It's a slipperly slope to let they stick around.

Nice to hear you're getting some of the dings polished out. It's a slipperly slope to let they stick around.

I hear ya! Imagine had you never gotten any of the dings accumulated on Moby fixed :icon_crazy: My rig has seen a couple of good dents here and there, I am definitely not going for the "ehhh, it's a trail rig, they're supposed to look all beat to crap" sort of theme.

I hear ya! Imagine had you never gotten any of the dings accumulated on Moby fixed :icon_crazy: My rig has seen a couple of good dents here and there, I am definitely not going for the "ehhh, it's a trail rig, they're supposed to look all beat to crap" sort of theme.

A little nip and tuck keeps it looking young! :D

Ouch! Glad to hear you are ok and the rig isn't in too bad of shape! You said you were driving down this trail, but was that what tipped the scales to cause you to roll? Or just a bad line/slippage?

I'm pretty sure you'll have it looking good as new by the time it rolls into the KOH event next week! Glad you're all good man, see you next week. :thumb:

Top Bottom