Uh oh, GCM2 flopped today...

Haha! Awesome, my own F'd up thread. Just a quick report in to my brothers! All is well, just bent sheetmetal, drove off the trail under my own power. Zero drivetrain/engine issues. The two door vehicle Mel was driving blew a u-joint and axle shaft, busted sheetmetal too, limped off the trail in two wheel drive. Hammers-2 EVO crew- 0 ;)

More pics and chit chat later. Much fun was had!

As bad as it sounds I hope one day I can have my own F'd up thread. As much a it sucks to roll or flop your rig its kinda seems to be a badge of honor or like the next level. Get what is m trying to say? Anyway happy you are headed home in one piece.

For those of you without viewing capabilities here are a few.

734545_10151349815208680_1191779089_n.jpg

263979_10151349637258680_594609758_n.jpg

543907_10151350146998680_1785981097_n.jpg

428098_10151350172943680_1608094168_n.jpg

Damn I'm impressed on how little looks to have been damaged. That's awesome. Also very glad Gregor wasn't hurt. EVO Jeep has a few battle scars now too....

Thanks for the pics overlander... its amazing there is as little damage as is seen in the pics. I would chalk it up to driver skill!!!!

It looks like the flat fenders and rock rails prevented more possible damage. Glad you were able to drive it home and that you were ok!

This is the first chance I've had to post up on this thread all weekend. Total bummer that you're rig picked up a few more battle scars Greg but, I'm glad to see you're okay and were able to drive home under your own power. :thumb:

Alright, now that I have just a few seconds before heading out on a work trip I wanted to take the time to say thanks to everyone for keeping this brotherhood of Offroaders so tight! Some of you I know personally and have wheeled with, some of you I only know through this forum. It makes no difference, I feel like you are all close friends that were right there with me in the rocks making the flop and then it's recovery look easy! Thanks for all the caring thoughts about me and the EVOJEEP, but remember.....it's just paint, metal, and rubber. All replaceable, all part of the accepted risk each person has to personally make every time they hit the trail. As long as no life, limb, or eyesight is loss along the way there's nothing to really worry about. Thanks to all the Offroaders on the trail that day for helping out, could not have done without you all.

It looks like the flat fenders and rock rails prevented more possible damage. Glad you were able to drive it home and that you were ok!

Yes you are correct, but remember these aren't regular flat flares like Poison Spyders are any other manufacturer's steel flare (absolutely not dogging PSC, because I love their flares, mine are totally different). My EVO's are actually full steel flares and steel quarter panels in one package. Had it been just steel flares bolted to stock quarter panels, it would have been UGLY!

This is the first chance I've had to post up on this thread all weekend. Total bummer that you're rig picked up a few more battle scars Greg but, I'm glad to see you're okay and were able to drive home under your own power. :thumb:

Just a little bruising, the damage to the rig was pretty minor considering the roll. MOST IMPORTANTLY- we self recovered and finished the trail, drove back to the overland base camp, then had some steaks and drank some whiskey, shared some stories that in no way, shape or form were over-embellished ;) Just a bunch of knuckle draggers doing what we love! I was on I-10 east trucking along at 80mph all the way home, no shakes, shimmies, no rattles, no squeaks, jeep tracks straight and true, motor sounds AWESOME! What do we keep saying- build it strong with good quality parts and it won't leave you stranded. Checked that block.....again ;)

Not going to re-post any of Mel's photos since they are throughout my personal thread of carnage, but here are some of the sheet metal bruising, and one photo of absolutely the best reason to put your money into great equipment if you can afford it; rocksliders are one of the most used and abused pieces of equipment on your rig.....my EVO Sliders were worth every damn penny I paid today.

Attachments

• image-2391237767.jpg
    image-2391237767.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 262
  • image-13763903.jpg
    image-13763903.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 257
  • image-1460995136.jpg
    image-1460995136.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 246
  • image-2300335255.jpg
    image-2300335255.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 256
Well now I can see why you tipped your Jeep, it doesn't have any skid plates :cheesy:

Seriously, I'm glad that you're okay and really, amazed at how little damage your rig suffered. I also appreciate you taking the time to chime in on this thread as I know everyone wanted to know how you were doing.

Take care on your business trip, try to get some sleep and I'll look forward to seeing you soon. :thumb:

Not to bad at all. In the pic of the EVOJEEP on its side it looks like your mirror is smashed but I guess it isn't. I bet you want that EVO cage even more now!

Not to bad at all. In the pic of the EVOJEEP on its side it looks like your mirror is smashed but I guess it isn't. I bet you want that EVO cage even more now!

Good eye! Actually, the mirror glass is not broken, but part of the the piece that allows it to swing forward and backward is cracked, so it flops around. The most amazing part is the windshield is unscathed, can't believe it didn't crack!

Good eye! Actually, the mirror glass is not broken, but part of the the piece that allows it to swing forward and backward is cracked, so it flops around. The most amazing part is the windshield is unscathed, can't believe it didn't crack!

I was surprised by that as well. Probably one of those cases where if you were a few inches forward or backwards it would have cracked. That would have been a long ride back to Arizona with the windshield down. :cheesy:

Wow!! Glad you're OK Greg and EVOJEEP took the lickin' with minimal (???) damage. This flop proves the point of set it up right from the jump and it will pay off in the long run.:yup:

Top Bottom