U-Joint Reccomendations

sastocky

Looking for U-Joint reccomendations for Rubicon Dana 44 Prorock. No need to replace just yet but going to put back a few as spare.
I see the x-Joint from Alloy USA but wasn’t sure if I should go traditional. Hoping you all had some experience and thoughts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're planning on keeping your factory shafts, you will need to make sure that you get u-joints with c-clips or modify the ears of the yokes to accept full circle clips. Me personally, I might recommend just waiting until you actually need to replace your u-joints and use the money you save to buy new chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I rarely see an instance where a blown u-joint doesn't take out the whole shaft.

CalSgt

Hooked
If you're planning on keeping your factory shafts, you will need to make sure that you get u-joints with c-clips or modify the ears of the yokes to accept full circle clips. Me personally, I might recommend just waiting until you actually need to replace your u-joints and use the money you save to buy new chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I rarely see an instance where a blown u-joint doesn't take out the whole shaft.
^^^^ This

When the u joint on my JL broke it destroyed the ears on the stub shaft and the axle shaft.

Top Bottom