Tired of the Jeep leaving me stranded, help me value it so I can sell it

jorgelrod

Hooked
Took my wife for the holidays to the North Georgia mountains for Thanksgiving, I turned jeep on and it starred spewing oil like the oil cooler failed, that was replaced only three years ago.

I've lost faith in taking the Jeep on long trips, as my daily I can't have this.

Help me put a fair number together to find a buyer for it.

This is what it currently has:

Warn Powerplant 12000 Lbs Winch
4.56 Gears Installed
Stock Dana 44 rear axle with 30 Spline Yukon Zip Locker and Ten Factory Chromoly axle shafts
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front axle with 30 Spline Yukon Zip Locker and Dynatrac 4340 axleshafts
Dynatrac ProGrips
Metalcloak Adjustable Control Arms Full Set
Metalcloak Adj Draglink
Metalcloak Adj Trackbar
JKS J-Spec 3.5 w/ Fox Adventure shocks
LOD Signature Sliders
ACE Stand Alone Tire Carrier
Currie RockJock Tie Rod
ProComp Steel Wheels 17x9 4.5"BS
5 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
2 x 2.5 Gal Rotopax

3A2BCFC6-EEF7-41FC-B0DF-BC11C517D902.jpeg

JT@623

Hooked
Nice looking Jeep you could just drop it off at Motech problem solved . If it has issues it’s going to affect the price quite a bit my guess in today’s market $15 or $16K .

Lost In The Woods

Caught the Bug
Usually, people aren't willing to pay for mods so you can't go by that. That being said it's a seller's market right now so anything goes. Without knowing mileage or trim I would ballpark it at 20k, but I've seen some crazy prices lately so... shoot for the moon and put 40k on it and go from there.

jesse3638

Hooked
Usually, people aren't willing to pay for mods so you can't go by that. That being said it's a seller's market right now so anything goes. Without knowing mileage or trim I would ballpark it at 20k, but I've seen some crazy prices lately so... shoot for the moon and put 40k on it and go from there.
Yeah add the custom spy hunter oil slick mod and I'm sure you'll get 40k+ for it...haha. If you're looking to get rid of it quick I've heard the places like Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax are giving pretty good amounts for used vehicles. Maybe price them out and see. Beats the haggling and run around of a private party sale.

WJCO

Meme King
If you're looking to get rid of it quick I've heard the places like Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax are giving pretty good amounts for used vehicles. Maybe price them out and see. Beats the haggling and run around of a private party sale.
This is what I'd do. Dealers giving crazy money right now.

jesse3638

Hooked
This is what I'd do. Dealers giving crazy money right now.
Yeah except when you trade it in on a heavily discounted JL...haha. The trade got paid off so that's really a win for us (what we got was only about 500 under KBB instant offer). Not to mention saving about 10k up front on the new jeep. If they don't clean up our trade and put it on their lot they are stupid though. I'd say they could easliy make 5-6k on it. I just didn't have the time or patience otherwise I'd have done it and sold it private party.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Im asking because I know of a couple at the jeep club looking for a relatively built rig for her. I'd love to offer it to them, otherwise trading it in is a definite good option

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yeah add the custom spy hunter oil slick mod and I'm sure you'll get 40k+ for it...haha. If you're looking to get rid of it quick I've heard the places like Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax are giving pretty good amounts for used vehicles. Maybe price them out and see. Beats the haggling and run around of a private party sale.
Unfortunately it won't have that when I sell it. I am 400 miles from home so will have to sort that out before heading back. This was the straw that broke the camel's back

Unfortunately it won't have that when I sell it. I am 400 miles from home so will have to sort that out before heading back. This was the straw that broke the camel's back
If you want something that reliable don’t daily drive anything modified. Get a nice Honda and keep your toy vehicle separate. Uhaul one way rental with trailer isnt “that” bad, obviously far from ideal. Likely easier to deal with then trying to get it fixed on a holiday.

NV375

I sold my 2014 to CarMax Henderson Nevada at the end of 2016 and they gave me more than I had been asking for the previous six months and mine had plenty of EVO and ORE love. Now three different diesel 4x4 trucks I took in they were low on. That is a starting point if you have one around you and you fixed it first. The people that kept asking about mine in 2016 thought I was nuts asking what I was and CarMax beat it by $500.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I could be wrong here, but for every 1 person who wouldn’t pay for mods, there are 10 who would, cuz they don’t know and it’s already done for them. Shit, you’re snorkel alone will pull in a lot of them.
It’s a beautiful rig. For all your mods, you left a very clean pallet for those who are more into cosmetic mods than functional.
I’d pull the powerplant and keep that for yourself or sell it separately and drop that warm evo on there. The 10 who would buy modified rigs won’t know the difference anyway.

jorgelrod

Hooked
At the dealership since 7, it seems I got off lucky in that it was just the oil cooler. I guess $30k is a fair number then. Would definitely be great for a downpayment on a gladiator

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’d ask closer to $40 and let someone talk you down to the $35-$37K range. Used jeeps are a hot item right now.

Top Bottom