There Goes the Neighborhood...

WJCO

Meme King
It’s kinda funny you say that, I was just thinking the other day, I would much rather lose the fluff value in my current home to make it actually affordable to but the home that I want to move to lol.
There's priceless value in exactly this.

Jeeptime

We came to Vegas in 1997. It is crazy how things have gone. We do travel alot. We leave Vegas in June 1 and come back in mid Sept. Unless there is a Jeep run. ;)
I do not see any slow growth coming even with the economy and high interest rates. We spend our summer time in Deer Park,WA town of 4K with a 25 MPH speed limit. That does drive me crazy, I guess I have a heavy foot. We do not have a police department, so I can go over 25 MPH sometimes.
We have always enjoyed Boulder City. Seems crazy leaving Las Vegas/Hendersen and then driving into Boulder City with its small town feeling.
My wife used to frequent the quilt store in Boulder and I sometimes shoot at the Boulder Gun Club. Ever time we went to Boulder we thought about moving there. We enjoyed watching the Big Horn Sheep come down to the park. Good old days.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We came to Vegas in 1997. It is crazy how things have gone. We do travel alot. We leave Vegas in June 1 and come back in mid Sept. Unless there is a Jeep run. ;)
I do not see any slow growth coming even with the economy and high interest rates. We spend our summer time in Deer Park,WA town of 4K with a 25 MPH speed limit. That does drive me crazy, I guess I have a heavy foot. We do not have a police department, so I can go over 25 MPH sometimes.
We have always enjoyed Boulder City. Seems crazy leaving Las Vegas/Hendersen and then driving into Boulder City with its small town feeling.
My wife used to frequent the quilt store in Boulder and I sometimes shoot at the Boulder Gun Club. Ever time we went to Boulder we thought about moving there. We enjoyed watching the Big Horn Sheep come down to the park. Good old days.
It really is crazy how things have gone. My inlaws moved out to Henderson about that time and back then and where they were, it literally was a town separated from Vegas by a big stretch of desert. Now of course, it's all connected.

Boulder City is still great and last I checked, it only has about 14k people living there. I would hope it can stay like that and I think everyone living there would too.

jeeeep

Hooked
You know, there's a reason why we bought a home in Boulder City and NOT Henderson or Las Vegas - because it's still a nice small town with tons of charm. Well, recently, Henderson decided to annex a big piece of land on our side of the mountain and sure enough, look who's moving in now...

I guess you just can't get away from this shit :rolleyes:
That sucks.

In addition, any employees they hire that are not local hires and need living quarters will drive up the price of housing; not to mention the transient workforce, the temporary construction housing and the resources they will require.

Everyone on water alert, power alert except Amazon.

IMO it's a losing deal.

That sucks.

In addition, any employees they hire that are not local hires and need living quarters will drive up the price of housing; not to mention the transient workforce, the temporary construction housing and the resources they will require.

Everyone on water alert, power alert except Amazon.

IMO it's a losing deal.
On the positive side, Amazon can inventory a massive amount of bags of dog-food on the Boulder City side of the mountain, which should hasten dog food deliveries to Boulder City residents.

Chain Reaction

You know, there's a reason why we bought a home in Boulder City and NOT Henderson or Las Vegas - because it's still a nice small town with tons of charm. Well, recently, Henderson decided to annex a big piece of land on our side of the mountain and sure enough, look who's moving in now...

I guess you just can't get away from this shit :rolleyes:
It is a bummer, I'm trapped in The Peoples Republic of Austin, TX and can't wait to move to a small town. The only thing keeping me here is a pension. Just a few more years!

Jeeptime

It's interesting that over the many years in Vegas friends that I met that lived in Hendersen early on , eventually moved to Boulder City. Lucky Them.

Brute

Hooked
That’s funny…we leave Henderson end of May to go to WA, then don’t come back until mid Sept…

Top Bottom