The Slimer Build Thread

jmeredith

You may not want to attach it to those bolts as they have the little acorn shoulder that squeezes the battery clamp tight. When you have something inbetween you might not get a good connection

-J

Prime8

Hey that looks damn good!

Thanks! It was tight quarters trying to get in there without removing the bracket and with the tie rod in place. My buddy has a full shop in his garage and welded it. They don't look great, but from the sides it looks like he got good penetration. He also threw a bead underneath, in the seam between the EVO bracket to the stock bracket since that small bolt that held them together had to be removed.

Ignatius504

I know exactly where the Indian dorms are. That road use to go to A1 mountain or out to snow bowl. But its closed now, a locked gate at the road by the houses.

2ese8eqe.jpg

My old Ford.. damn I miss Flag!

Prime8

Thanks to Dave Chew, used his mock up to chop my Protek skid to fit with the Double D. I would have thought evo products would be compatible with each other, it almost killed me to take a grinder to these brand new beautiful skids!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365993148.674732.jpg
The other side was trimmed too, just forgot to snap a picture afterward...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks to Dave Chew, used his mock up to chop my Protek skid to fit with the Double D. I would have thought evo products would be compatible with each other, it almost killed me to take a grinder to these brand new beautiful skids!
View attachment 24826
The other side was trimmed too, just forgot to snap a picture afterward...

Funny but cutting and drilling a $40K+ jeep and its parts just gets easier and easier doesn't it? :cheesy:

Prime8

Funny but cutting and drilling a $40K+ jeep and its parts just gets easier and easier doesn't it? :cheesy:

Haha, yeah. Skins were still the hardest, drilling into the sheet metal... It was easier with the skids, since there are made to be abused, but it still makes you cringe a bit...

dchew

Looks good Prime8. What did you cut it with?

I think we should make something out of that piece with the EVO logo. Wall clocks anyone?
:cheesy:

Prime8

Looks good Prime8. What did you cut it with?

I think we should make something out of that piece with the EVO logo. Wall clocks anyone?
:cheesy:

I just used my 4" angle grinder. There are nice gashes where I cut past the intersection of two lines, which is why I took that picture from so far away! Haha

Prime8

Got a little muddy at the badlands yesterday... And I was trying to avoid the mud!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366601946.925610.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366601960.842021.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366601968.958209.jpg

We had a group of 5. The perfect number.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366602014.091553.jpg

munstie

Should've drilled 1/2 holes at the corners then cut it wouldn't of had to worry about the gashes I wanted to head to the Badlands yesterday but my oldest boy had a ball game, so wound up just heading to the sudsngrub after the games.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Prime8

Should've drilled 1/2 holes at the corners then cut it wouldn't of had to worry about the gashes I wanted to head to the Badlands yesterday but my oldest boy had a ball game, so wound up just heading to the sudsngrub after the games.

Haha, yeah that would have been smart. I'll remember that for more visible fab work. Luckily this is under my rig so it isn't that big of a deal. I'll try and get some pictures of the skids tomorrow. I know I dented in the fuel tank one pretty well on one of those vertical rock faces... Kept getting high centered until I gave it a good "bump" with the accelerator...

munstie

Most of my damage underneath is from running purgatory down in the quarry last summer.

Prime8

Most of my damage underneath is from running purgatory down in the quarry last summer.

Purgatory? I'm not very familiar with the badlands map or trail names... I climbed two of the real steep faces on your right hand side when you are looking at the lake/pond, just before you drop down into that small basin that is pond level.

munstie

We sat and ate lunch down there last year watching some guys in razors trying to climb them my favorite ledge is right off that basin takes ya up around the lake.

Top Bottom