The "Mid Life" buy thread

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

Any tips on running the wires through the carrier? I may have to steal that idea soon.

Any tips on running the wires through the carrier? I may have to steal that idea soon.

Not really. Phishing the wire is the hard part and setting the slack at the hinge so it opens and closes with out damaging the wire (still working on this). Be sure to clean up the holes or it will strip your wire when pulling them through :doh: I used a piece of 200# test fishing line to phish, Weed Wacker cord will work as well. The holes I used are 7/16 and are good for 5 wires or so. You could go smaller with some smaller gauge wire but I just used what I had and it is a little big but snug @ 7/16

I tied the 3rd brake light and plate light into the LED tails after the factory plus and all works well but my 3rd brake light flashed when my blinker is on :thumb: No big though.

Good Luck. BTW your Rig is coming together nicely :thumb:

Use weed eater cord.

Not really. Phishing the wire is the hard part and setting the slack at the hinge so it opens and closes with out damaging the wire (still working on this). Be sure to clean up the holes or it will strip your wire when pulling them through :doh: I used a piece of 200# test fishing line to phish, Weed Wacker cord will work as well. The holes I used are 7/16 and are good for 5 wires or so. You could go smaller with some smaller gauge wire but I just used what I had and it is a little big but snug @ 7/16

I tied the 3rd brake light and plate light into the LED tails after the factory plus and all works well but my 3rd brake light flashed when my blinker is on :thumb: No big though.

Good Luck. BTW your Rig is coming together nicely :thumb:

Over drill your home then figure out where the tension is and mark it. Pull the wire back out and wrap it in electrical tape to create a seal and stop. I also used a zip tie to create a loop for awhile that made a memory. Now mine opens and pulls out and when i close it it slides back in. :thumb:

Need a second set of hands to do a final tire carrier adjustment - and wouldn't you know it one of my Norcal buddies showed up to help out! Thanks for the help today Jason! :thumb:

Finally finished running the wires for my rear lights and rock lights :thumb:

Taking pictures of lights is a little silly but you get the idea. :doh:

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Forgot to take a few with the amber covers on

:beer:

07JKSahara

Finally finished running the wires for my rear lights and rock lights :thumb:

Taking pictures of lights is a little silly but you get the idea. :doh:

Forgot to take a few with the amber covers on

Uh oh... Someone's gonna be looking sharp on the inevitable night runs. 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
All the little bells and whistles going on Brandon, looking good, you're almost done then right?[emoji1][emoji23][emoji111]🏻️[emoji482]

Original plan was to run my compressor / locker switches on the daystar panel in from of the shifter - but haven't done air lockers yet so I had a extra switch up top so re-wired the compressor there and put my stock dash panel back in (that doesn't keep falling out!:doh:)

Got rid of all this in addition to a hot ignition wire that is required to use the ARB Switch harness - replaced with 1 wire to the Pod (purple wire if you are wondering)
IMG_1870.jpg

Switch covers are not new but now they have something to turn on! :D
IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

Amber covers for dust :thumb:
IMG_1880.jpg

07JKSahara

What's the beer button do?

Also, the rock light switch looks like your jeep becomes a Harrier Jet.

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
The OTRATTW switches are great! Really makes the switches look more factory. :thumbup:

Also +1 on the amber covers. I ran out and grabbed a pair of covers after following someone with amber rear lights in the dust. Makes it so much easier!

Cleaning up some junk today I found my OEM grab handles - I didn't like them on the door side so fiddled around a little and made a double for the center Rockhard 4x4 bar

One strap will not fit around the center bar
IMG_1882.jpg

I threaded 2 straps together to make the desired double handle
IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom