The "Mid Life" buy thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been working out a trade for a week now on some half doors with uppers and wouldn't you know it on my Birthday it all came together! Total Cost $0.00

I just snapped a few pics at the gas station after picking them up :thumb:

:beer:

Simply awesome!! Congrats to you on your new doors and Happy Birthday to you :thumb:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Love your build! Happy birthday! The jeep looks awesome!

How long were the shocks you were running back in the enforcer life? I'm thinking of starting here aswell.

Love your build! Happy birthday! The jeep looks awesome!

How long were the shocks you were running back in the enforcer life? I'm thinking of starting here aswell.

5100 series for a 3.5-5 inch lift front
Collapsed Length (IN): 16.41
Extended Length (IN): 27.56

5100 series for a 2-4 inch lift rear
Collapsed Length (IN): 15.39
Extended Length (IN): 26.38

I'm pretty sure as these were installed by ORE

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
5100 series for a 3.5-5 inch lift front
Collapsed Length (IN): 16.41
Extended Length (IN): 27.56

5100 series for a 2-4 inch lift rear
Collapsed Length (IN): 15.39
Extended Length (IN): 26.38

I'm pretty sure as these were installed by ORE

Hmm... for some reason I couldn't quote this a second ago (android app)

Sorry for the Double post

whispike

Finally got around to installing my trail table - which took a entire 5 minutes! :thumb:

Tons of parts :rolleyes2: and 6 pages of destructions :crazyeyes: - yet only needs a Phillps screw driver! :beer:

View attachment 162910

View attachment 162911

View attachment 162912

View attachment 162913

View attachment 162914

View attachment 162915

Takes 1 hand to close but takes 2 hands to open as you need to pull the 2 spring loaded pins. seems very solid with no rattles so far

Where'd you get your trail table from?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Original plan was to run my compressor / locker switches on the daystar panel in from of the shifter - but haven't done air lockers yet so I had a extra switch up top so re-wired the compressor there and put my stock dash panel back in (that doesn't keep falling out!:doh:)

Hey, on the panel falling out/down all the time, your stock panel should have 4 of those orange clips while the Daystar only has 2. Take the two extras and put them on over the other two clips (so on each side of the Daystar panel, you've got 2 clips for a total of 4). That gives enough of a wedge to hold the panel in nice and tight. Didn't have to use anything else and it's never fallen down on me since.

:thumb:

Hey, on the panel falling out/down all the time, your stock panel should have 4 of those orange clips while the Daystar only has 2. Take the two extras and put them on over the other two clips (so on each side of the Daystar panel, you've got 2 clips for a total of 4). That gives enough of a wedge to hold the panel in nice and tight. Didn't have to use anything else and it's never fallen down on me since.

:thumb:

Great tip! I will give it a try once I need more switches - Thanks :thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
We did get this finished yesterday - all mounted up with just one more fine tune to do :thumb: Thank you Jason and Jenn for all the help - couldn't have done it without you. :beer:

Tire Mounted - Still need to adjust the angle a little
View attachment 156817

Still need to wire up the reverse lights and run some wire for my cubes and plate light and 3rd brake light. Fun times!

Branman, did you have to shave any of the fuel filler surround to get it to snap back in? I'm having trouble getting mine back in and didn't know if there was a "trick" to fitting it. Thanks!

Top Bottom