The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Put the Derlin hinge bushings on the doors. Straight forward, and easy installation. The doors are a little harder to latch. I think the bushings make them ride just a hair higher. They latch okay. You just have to give it a touch more effort.

View attachment 267758

I also put on a Rugged Ridge Full Eclipse sun shade. I hope it doesn't flap too much.

View attachment 267759

Did an oil change, too. I'm going to pick up the R-Pod trailer, this afternoon,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice I have those bushing laying in my garage for like a year now. I don't think I really need them yet but I must say it's getting harder and harder to take the doors off, So soon.

As far as the doors being harder to latch. I remember I when first got my jeep brand new of the lot with 18miles on it and I had to slam the doors to make them latch. I also had to tell my passengers to slam the doors hard for almost a year lol. Everybody always gave me a stupid look when I told them to do so. My point is that those bushings might work themselves in a little over time.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nice I have those bushing laying in my garage for like a year now. I don't think I really need them yet but I must say it's getting harder and harder to take the doors off, So soon.

As far as the doors being harder to latch. I remember I when first got my jeep brand new of the lot with 18miles on it and I had to slam the doors to make them latch. I also had to tell my passengers to slam the doors hard for almost a year lol. Everybody always gave me a stupid look when I told them to do so. My point is that those bushings might work themselves in a little over time.

With a hard top on, you have to slam the doors. With a soft top, it's easier. Idk which you are running, but I've noticed that.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Safe travels!

Thx, Steve.

IMG_9705.jpg
IMG_9706.jpg
IMG_9700.jpg
IMG_9701.jpg
IMG_9702.jpg

All cleaned up, mostly packed. Going to install the anti-sway bar, between rainstorms. Then 12 hours of work, tomorrow, and rolling out, Saturday morning.

Jeep pulls it fine, although I wish I still had a manual. I can mostly hold the gear I choose, with the bump shifter, but I hate how it will drop a gear if it gets a little too much skinny pedal.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Thx, Steve.

View attachment 267898
View attachment 267899
View attachment 267900
View attachment 267901
View attachment 267902

All cleaned up, mostly packed. Going to install the anti-sway bar, between rainstorms. Then 12 hours of work, tomorrow, and rolling out, Saturday morning.

Jeep pulls it fine, although I wish I still had a manual. I can mostly hold the gear I choose, with the bump shifter, but I hate how it will drop a gear if it gets a little too much skinny pedal.

That's a sweet setup[emoji106] have fun!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend it. Very little storage in the 178, and it's practically brand new, and a bunch of stuff isn't working. It belongs to my wife's grandfather. We are looking at a Jayco Hummingbird 17RB Baja.

Wow, that's pretty nice :thumb:

Top Bottom