The build/re-build of Gruff

benatc1

Hooked
Agree. June and October. (y) Wish they lasted longer than they do.

Thanks Ben. Without the top on it's not bad at all because you can stand up in the tail end of the Jeep. With the top on I can see it turning into a wrestling match.
I gotcha, well it definitely looks badass

Ddays

Hooked
I love it Jerry. Such a bad ass set up!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Andy. Funny how much shorter this setup is. Looks much smaller.
Is it easier to get the 40 on that or the Evo carrier?
With the top on, probably the EVO carrier because you'll likely be dealing with the top with the Excessive setup. Without the top on probably the Excessive because you don't have to hit the moving target like you do on the post on the EVO carrier.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Finished it up yesterday. Pretty happy with it. Mount seems really strong and well made. No rattles either. I like that I have the option of carriers now. on a road trip the EVO is handy for the extra interior space. View attachment 363556 View attachment 363557
Finished it up yesterday. Pretty happy with it. Mount seems really strong and well made. No rattles either. I like that I have the option of carriers now. on a road trip the EVO is handy for the extra interior space. View attachment 363556 View attachment 363557
You know my thoughts. Simply bad ass. Can’t wait to get my Jeep back and get mine in. Although I may have a mew issue. Never thought about the damn roll cage color.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looks great Jerry!
You know my thoughts. Simply bad ass. Can’t wait to get my Jeep back and get mine in. Although I may have a mew issue. Never thought about the damn roll cage color.
It never ends!!

jdofmemi

Thanks Andy. Funny how much shorter this setup is. Looks much smaller.

With the top on, probably the EVO carrier because you'll likely be dealing with the top with the Excessive setup. Without the top on probably the Excessive because you don't have to hit the moving target like you do on the post on the EVO carrier.
The trick is to get it standing up close, and use a jack handle, axe handle, shovel, etc as a pry bar to lift it into position.

I do mine solo much easier than any of the other style carriers.

Ddays

Hooked
The trick is to get it standing up close, and use a jack handle, axe handle, shovel, etc as a pry bar to lift it into position.

I do mine solo much easier than any of the other style carriers.
That makes sense & kinda how I was figuring. I do have a small shovel to use. It's probably a bigger pain in the ass getting the spare out than it is getting it back in

Ddays

Hooked
So can you now just deliver the evo carrier with my rear axle? Lol looks good Jerry
😝 Man I gotta get that damn thing over to you. Lol, I can't tell you how many times I've tripped over it - it's right outside my side door to the warehouse.

Top Bottom