Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

The BAD Influence

Teraflex

These are the only things that are on now or will ever be on my Jeep from Teraflex. So far they've done their job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180321-192115.jpg
    Screenshot_20180321-192115.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 381

zimm

Caught the Bug
There's a thread over "there" asking about King 2.5 shocks. OP has falcons that have gone back 2 or 3 times for leaking. Cost him $100 every time for shipping. I told him to get the kings. Mine have 18k on them and are perfect so far.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a thread over "there" asking about King 2.5 shocks. OP has falcons that have gone back 2 or 3 times for leaking. Cost him $100 every time for shipping. I told him to get the kings. Mine have 18k on them and are perfect so far.

I think you're just a fanboy who gets his Kings for free. Clearly, there's no way you would ever say any of this about TeraFlex if they gave you Falcon shocks for free. :cheesy:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I think you're just a fanboy who gets his Kings for free. Clearly, there's no way you would ever say any of this about TeraFlex if they gave you Falcon shocks for free. :cheesy:

I wish I'd get a discount for touting their stuff. $2k for some bolt on shocks was a tough choice. Ever since I watched baja racing as a kid, I told myself "someday, I'll have kings".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I remember hearing that...which was a shame. In the quad racing world, Elka made a hell of a good shock. (Not that that means they would necessarily build great full size shocks)

I have no doubts that they make quality products but even a set of Kings would suck if they weren't tuned for the vehicle they are to be run on. EVO spent a LOT of time working with King to get proprietary shocks made for them and for how they wanted them to soak up the bumps. Clearly, TeraFlex just had them make a shock that would fit and hoped the name alone would get the job done.

longarmwj

That's not the shock leaking, that's just excess motor oil dripping down from where he lubed his chassis. It's good to see people out there properly maintaining their JK!!! :thumb:

weck

I bought my 08 JKU with the TF 6" long arm kit on it and some other teraflex parts. Glad I know what to watch for now.

I have no complaints as of yet, but have only had the jeep for about a year. Gonna be keeping an eye on the frame side brackets.

Abntroop

Thanks guys, good thread and a good heads up. Our last JK’s lift was comprised of spacers and rubicon unlimited takeoff shocks and springs. Rode rough but did the job. The H3 just had the front Torsion bars cranked and leaf spring extension shackles in the rear so this is my first time educating myself on JK lift kits. Had the TF stuff in my wish list. Since been deleted. Appreciate the honest info vs. the hype.
I don’t mind being honest in that I’m an amateur mechanic, I do electrical work for a living, not a stranger to turning a wrench, and am a big fan of the “dunno how to do it? YouTube it, monkey see monkey do routine”.
Smart enough to follow instruction, learn, and get the job done, but all in all I lack a lot of knowledge and this forum keeps filling that gap bit by bit. Very much appreciate having a resource like this!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JediNighT

😲 Wish I'd came across this thread back in Oct. Ah well...😞 Looks like I'm replacing all my Teraflex control arms and swaybars with EVO!!!(y)

Top Bottom