Start at a new job tomorrow....

JKbrick

If you're a pipe fitter up there you probably know my little brother. He works at Steel Dynamics west of Ft Wayne. Congrats on the long term job!
I’ve worked there and at the SDI north of town. I typically stay in the admin and engineering buildings and such. We are just a really small non Union plumbing company that the Union guys don’t like seeing out in the plant. The company I work for there is building an SDI in Texas right now from the ground up

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I’ve worked there and at the SDI north of town. I typically stay in the admin and engineering buildings and such. We are just a really small non Union plumbing company that the Union guys don’t like seeing out in the plant. The company I work for there is building an SDI in Texas right now from the ground up
My brother just made journeyman in the pipewelders union up there. He's happy, I'm happy for him. He is the youngest and lacked motivation to do anything for the longest time. He really seems to like the work. I find those big steel fab facilities pretty damn interesting too. The arc furnaces are mind boggling.

I've never really understood the animosity union guys have towards non-union guys... Cons and pros to both.

kevman65

Hooked
So, "plant" vehicles (owned by Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis) that are parked on site near building.

Red Gladiator Overland, ZERO mods
Black Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, ZERO mods
Handful of Wranglers, not gotten close enough to distinguish JK or JL, but all 4 doors
Way off sitting it's lonesome is I believe a TJ, but can't tell

And my favorite, a modded CJ-5 that has definite large displacement under the hood, lifted and appears to be 6", has HUGE front and rear axles, running 38 or 39's (can see the "3" but not the second number and never have my tape on me when it's around) and this poor CJ is relegated to pulling a trailer around the campus.

kevman65

Hooked
Until today it had been a whole lot of guessing what engines they were going to be doing in this plant.

Well today a skid of blocks came in so they can set tolerances on the machines.

Kokomo Engine Plant will be running the 2.0's through the plant.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Very cool. Good to hear they still have work. Wasn't sure what would happen with the auto industry chip shortage.

Top Bottom