Sale Thread - Parts, Tools, Trips, ANYTHING

JAGS

Hooked
I got the same one too. So I went to the site and ordered the ORE Trail Table, no discount. If you scroll through all the EVO gear only the sliders have a marked down price. Must be the only thing in stock.

Sent from my PRC-119

Maybe try calling? Since there is no discount code...:idontknow:

StrizzyChris

Northridge has great prices, but I have realized they are deceiving in some of their sales. I bought $3000 in gift certificates, when they had a 10% off sale,from them to use when they had a manufacturer sale. But then they told me that I couldn't use them on another sale. Well that's fine if it would have said that but its a gift certificate. Nothing said "gift certificates have to be used on regularly priced items only and not on sale items" I finally just asked for my money back. :grayno:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Northridge has great prices, but I have realized they are deceiving in some of their sales. I bought $3000 in gift certificates, when they had a 10% off sale,from them to use when they had a manufacturer sale. But then they told me that I couldn't use them on another sale. Well that's fine if it would have said that but its a gift certificate. Nothing said "gift certificates have to be used on regularly priced items only and not on sale items" I finally just asked for my money back. :grayno:

That's a really smart idea I need to try...apparently at a different vendor.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

This doesn't surprise me in the least. There was a time when I regularly recommended Northridge to people because of their price and their service. Those days are long gone. IMHO, they have grown too big for their own britches. I hear more and more stories of lost shipments, misleading or flat wrong information given to customers to make a sale, damaged goods shipped directly from NR, etc. Needless to say, I no longer recommend Northridge to anyone. Sometimes, having the best price just isn't enough.

rinkishjk

This doesn't surprise me in the least. There was a time when I regularly recommended Northridge to people because of their price and their service. Those days are long gone. IMHO, they have grown too big for their own britches. I hear more and more stories of lost shipments, misleading or flat wrong information given to customers to make a sale, damaged goods shipped directly from NR, etc. Needless to say, I no longer recommend Northridge to anyone. Sometimes, having the best price just isn't enough.

I ordered from David a few months ago for my springs, and shocks. The guy who took my order, and since has left, only ordered me one front and one rear shock. Luckily David called to confirm it, and fixed it. but I totally agree with u.
I found out about nr way back when I joined jkf, and like u said they have grown alot and things are getting affected.
Pretty much all my mods have come from there.
Any recommendations for my future purchases if I don't order from nr?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I order most of my parts directly through the company themselves. I haven't had any issues doing so and will continue to do so.

Rippin Lipz

I have ordered 95% of everything for my jeep from Northridge. Dave has gone above and beyond helping me out with my build and has given me GREAT prices. I have never had an issue with wrong parts, damage from shipping, or anything for that matter. I will continue buying parts from them and I will continue to recommend them to everyone :beer:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I ordered from David a few months ago for my springs, and shocks. The guy who took my order, and since has left, only ordered me one front and one rear shock. Luckily David called to confirm it, and fixed it. but I totally agree with u.
I found out about nr way back when I joined jkf, and like u said they have grown alot and things are getting affected.
Pretty much all my mods have come from there.
Any recommendations for my future purchases if I don't order from nr?

I order most of my parts directly through the company themselves. I haven't had any issues doing so and will continue to do so.

Agreed, if possible I would order direct. That way there can be no confusion about what you are getting or whether it will work. I know some people have had great service from 4wd but I also know that they don't carry all manufacturers.

Atch

I must've lucked out then. I purchased gift cards when they had the 10% off then I used them to buy some sale items. I haven't had any issues with Northridge yet.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I must've lucked out then. I purchased gift cards when they had the 10% off then I used them to buy some sale items. I haven't had any issues with Northridge yet.

Yeah I don't get how they can say no. It doesn't say that you bought the gift card as a 10% of right? So how would they know it was a discount gift card.

I didn't understand that when strizzychris posted it so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

rinkishjk

Agreed, if possible I would order direct. That way there can be no confusion about what you are getting or whether it will work. I know some people have had great service from 4wd but I also know that they don't carry all manufacturers.

I always call my orders in and talk with David directly.

StrizzyChris

You must have got lucky!

Yeah I don't get how they can say no. It doesn't say that you bought the gift card as a 10% of right? So how would they know it was a discount gift card.

I didn't understand that when strizzychris posted it so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I tried to use the giftcards on their site, it said the cards were unable to process or something. I then called them and asked why it wouldn't go through and they said they were having issues with "processing the gift cards and to place my order over the phone". Sooo I did and then they said that I couldn't use any promotions with the gift cards I purchased. I asked them why not and they said it was because I already got 10% off. I said "yes but it was on purchasing gift cards, and no where in the add/promotion did it say I must use the gift cards to purchase regularly priced items". That phone call ended fruitless since it was someone without any power and then I was referred to David who then sent me an email quoting their policy of not combining discount codes, use on sale items, etc. After about 10 email exchanges and 3 or 4 phone calls I gave up on it entirely and just asked for my $3,000 back and I'll buy my drive shaft and other needed parts from someone else. 10% off of their standard rate is a great deal, don't get me wrong, but ITS A GIFT CARD! I'm not saying they are a shit company, trying to "flame them" or saying Ill never buy from them again, just that BUYER BEWARE that they are not the most up front and clear company to deal with all the time. If anyone else has had nothing but great experience with them, then great!

RUBI4US

Not sure about the cost difference between PVC and 1/2" air hose but our entire shop is plumbed for air using 1" PVC. It doesn't leak and because it's PVC you can get all the hardware you could want to make a clean installation. Hose is floppy and I would think it might be hard to make it look good hanging on the wall. And with hose you have to have a special end swaged (basically pressed) onto the hose. PVC is easy!:yup:

I have never had any issues with high pressures in the lines. We run a 75 gallon compressor.

Please do NOT use PVC for compressed air!
https://www.osha.gov/dts/hib/hib_data/hib19880520.html

Pvc piping can become brittle and shatter unexpectedly creating shrapnel.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Wayalife mobile

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Please do NOT use PVC for compressed air!
https://www.osha.gov/dts/hib/hib_data/hib19880520.html

Pvc piping can become brittle and shatter unexpectedly creating shrapnel.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Wayalife mobile

Thanks for the heads up. I could see this as an issue if someone was using extreme pressures in PVC but not the low pressures required to run impact wrenches and the like.

My personal feeling is that OSHA is an overblown gov. agency with good intentions but complicates everyone's life based on what might happen. One guy hurt his hand according to the link provided. I don't really see that as a huge issue. I have been around many shops that use PVC for compressed air and no one has ever had this happen (not even any blowouts of a joint). Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will. When you factor in the probability that you or someone else will be standing next to said pipe when it might shatter, I think it is probably as good a chance that you will be in a plane crash. There is a much better chance that you will hurt yourself with whatever tool is attached to the air hose than having the PVC blow while your standing within range of shrapnel. :twocents:

That is just my opinion please don't take offense.

Top Bottom