Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

CalSgt

Hooked
Made the flatbed trailer Jeep rated...

It barley fit before the coilovers, and I had to add 1.5" spacers to clear the coilovers so I made one of the fenders a quick detach unit. Drilled and tapped all of the added brackets so a few 1/4" bolts is all it takes to remove it for loading/unloading.

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Made the flatbed trailer Jeep rated...

It barley fit before the coilovers, and I had to add 1.5" spacers to clear the coilovers so I made one of the fenders a quick detach unit. Drilled and tapped all of the added brackets so a few 1/4" bolts is all it takes to remove it for loading/unloading.

View attachment 359529

View attachment 359530

View attachment 359531

Looks good. The guy who bought my Jeep had one of those and convergent it to drive over fenders and extended the deck. Actually looked real good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Well with a new baby on the way I've been doing some more home improvement projects. My atep son is changing room and I felt new flooring would look good in there to replace the old beat up carpet. That turned into paint ad well. Got his new room all finished up so we can move him and begin on the baby's room. Here's what it looks like now. Also no taping...haha. I forgot to take before pics. 20210227_175749.jpg 20210227_175741.jpg 20210227_175732.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well with a new baby on the way I've been doing some more home improvement projects. My atep son is changing room and I felt new flooring would look good in there to replace the old beat up carpet. That turned into paint ad well. Got his new room all finished up so we can move him and begin on the baby's room. Here's what it looks like now. Also no taping...haha. I forgot to take before pics. View attachment 359882 View attachment 359883 View attachment 359884

Looks good and congrats on the upcoming baby. My wife has been nudging me lately for another one. We’re still just practicing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Well with a new baby on the way I've been doing some more home improvement projects. My atep son is changing room and I felt new flooring would look good in there to replace the old beat up carpet. That turned into paint ad well. Got his new room all finished up so we can move him and begin on the baby's room. Here's what it looks like now. Also no taping...haha. I forgot to take before pics.

Looks great.

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks good and congrats on the upcoming baby. My wife has been nudging me lately for another one. We’re still just practicing.

Thanks. Becoming a parent again after 40 is going to be fun.
Practice makes perfect...
Yes it does..haha
Looks great.
Thanks. Now on to the next room. Painting is going to lead me to paint the whole house. It opened the can of worms.

J&k_Overland

Thanks. Becoming a parent again after 40 is going to be fun.Yes it does..hahaThanks. Now on to the next room. Painting is going to lead me to paint the whole house. It opened the can of worms.

Well if ya want to you can come put a coat of paint on my place. You know keeping with that practice makes perfect theme. [emoji23]

jesse3638

Hooked
Well if ya want to you can come put a coat of paint on my place. You know keeping with that practice makes perfect theme. [emoji23]

I'm no pro but I feel I've got plenty of experience in the paint dept..haha. My atep son went with me to Sherwin Williams. He asked if we needed to get more tape. I said for what....haha. My stubby handled, 2" angled Wooster does just fine. No need for tape.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm no pro but I feel I've got plenty of experience in the paint dept..haha. My atep son went with me to Sherwin Williams. He asked if we needed to get more tape. I said for what....haha. My stubby handled, 2" angled Wooster does just fine. No need for tape.

No tape here anymore either. Just need the right brush. Major time saver.

jesse3638

Hooked
No tape here anymore either. Just need the right brush. Major time saver.
I actually have had help with this project. That's something I don't normally get..haha. My step son and I made quick work of things. I told him what he could do while I was at work and he wasted no time. I cut in with my 2" brush and 4" weenie roller and he came right in behind and did the wall. Also taught him how to use the mitre saw so I'd mark out my pieces and he'd go down and cut them.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Started on my extension. Poured the foundation back in January. Going to start building in April.
Not gonna lie guys, material is insane right now. Any of you in the business have an idea how much the exterior gypsum boards cost? Plywood here is up to $54 per sheet and expected to go up again in April. OSB is about $10 cheaper per sheet. If you have any alternatives and would be so kind as to include a price per sheet, I’d appreciate it. IMG_8044.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Started on my extension. Poured the foundation back in January. Going to start building in April.
Not gonna lie guys, material is insane right now. Any of you in the business have an idea how much the exterior gypsum boards cost? Plywood here is up to $54 per sheet and expected to go up again in April. OSB is about $10 cheaper per sheet. If you have any alternatives and would be so kind as to include a price per sheet, I’d appreciate it. View attachment 360217

Just got word its going Higher here in Cali within the next few months... and a possible shortage on engineered lumber.

jdofmemi

I have a bad feeling that the inflation that has been hanging out on Wall Street is finding it's way to Main Street, and we are all going to be in for a shock as prices climb in everything, and shortages abound.

The same lumber I bought for $500 two and a half years ago cost $1200 last week 🤯

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I have a bad feeling that the inflation that has been hanging out on Wall Street is finding it's way to Main Street, and we are all going to be in for a shock as prices climb in everything, and shortages abound.

The same lumber I bought for $500 two and a half years ago cost $1200 last week 🤯

3/4 plywood was $23 January last year. Now it’s $54 per sheet and set to go up in April. And you’d still be lucky if your able to fill an order. The suppliers are piecing it out to different contractors. A friend of mine said that his supplier advised him to let his customers know that an estimate is only good for 7 days as the price of lumber is all over the place.
Looks like I started this extension at the worst possible time.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
3/4 plywood was $23 January last year. Now it’s $54 per sheet and set to go up in April. And you’d still be lucky if your able to fill an order. The suppliers are piecing it out to different contractors. A friend of mine said that his supplier advised him to let his customers know that an estimate is only good for 7 days as the price of lumber is all over the place.
Looks like I started this extension at the worst possible time.

Lumber prices are STUPID right now. Just finished a kitchen remodel. Luckily we went over on EVERYTHING else so didn't notice the increase in lumber prices too much. Wife wants a screened in deck. I think I'm going to spend the next year buttoning up a few projects I already have started and hope lumber comes down by the time I finish. Not jealous of anyone with big construction projects right now.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I get many calls from subcontractors who locked themselves into prices for contracts they won’t even start for for many months. The change in material prices will put them out of business because they cannot perform their contracts at even close to a break even amount...and if they don’t perform, they get sued for break of contract. Either way they are screwed.

Ddays

Hooked
I get many calls from subcontractors who locked themselves into prices for contracts they won’t even start for for many months. The change in material prices will put them out of business because they cannot perform their contracts at even close to a break even amount...and if they don’t perform, they get sued for break of contract. Either way they are screwed.

To add to the lumber pricing issues, many of the PVC manufacturers have declared Force Majeure ad torn up pricing contracts because of the freeze in Texas. 2021 looks like it's gonna be a sister to the bitch we got to know last year.

Top Bottom