Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

robx251

Caught the Bug
IMG_0959.jpg IMG_0962.jpg IMG_0961.jpg IMG_0967.jpg IMG_0972.jpg IMG_0973.jpg
Finally going to be getting to work on this project. Had it sitting at my parents on a rusted pos bent frame and finally got a new frame come up as available. Only had it sitting in there for the better part of 20 years

Robert Ring
KC1IMA
Maine

Elroy231

Well as most know were expecting a new addition in about 2 months. So I've been getting her room all ready. Here are some before and after pics. View attachment 360702 View attachment 360703 View attachment 360704 View attachment 360705 View attachment 360706 View attachment 360707 View attachment 360708 View attachment 360709 View attachment 360710

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Looks great! Nice work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

Here's where we started ^.

Finally wrapping this up. Still have to caulk trim and fill nail holes, but for the most part, it's at a 'finished' stage. Wood wall will have a fireplace in front of it but I'll work on that over the summer. It may be hard to tell in photos but there is a large single plate of glass in where the window is.

View attachment 361147

View attachment 361148

View attachment 361149

View attachment 361150

View attachment 361151

And I finally got to use the router that I've had for over a decade, lol. Built a shelf on both sides of the window.

View attachment 361152

View attachment 361153

View attachment 361154

View attachment 361155
Nice accomplishment. I really like what you've done with the place!

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks, man. No kidding. It's mental trickery. I lost a whole 16 foot piece by making just 2 mistakes that ended in not enough length.
Looks great. Now I can see what trim around your shiplap looks like I may do that around mine too.

Key to crown or any trim is don't think too much. Easier said than done...haha
Looks great! Nice work.

Thanks. Can finally check a completion box on my never ending list of to-do's.

Painting two more upstairs bedrooms and flooring on the stairs is next. Painting had opened the door to, "now I have to paint the whole house"... :crazyeyes:

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

Looks great. Now I can see what trim around your shiplap looks like I may do that around mine too.

Key to crown or any trim is don't think too much. Easier said than done...hahaThanks. Can finally check a completion box on my never ending list of to-do's.

Painting two more upstairs bedrooms and flooring on the stairs is next. Painting had opened the door to, "now I have to paint the whole house"... :crazyeyes:

I know how that goes. Our bathroom was remodeled a couple months ago. It's so fresh and clean . Now we really want fresh paint everywhere else in the house. Ahh the damn can of worms.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice accomplishment. I really like what you've done with the place!

Thanks.

Thanks. I googled a bunch of images ahead of time to see what would or wouldn't work. Black trim with pine tongue and groove looked decent enough IMO. I'm going to add some black shelves and a black framed picture over the fireplace too at some point.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks.

Thanks. I googled a bunch of images ahead of time to see what would or wouldn't work. Black trim with pine tongue and groove looked decent enough IMO. I'm going to add some black shelves and a black framed picture over the fireplace too at some point.
Did you use 1/4 round or cove molding for the sides? I can't tell. I was thinking of doing cove molding all the way around my wall.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Thanks.

Very cool. Are you doing a full restore?

Unfortunately the budget says no. But my Father has another one and he is. He bought a new frame fenders and all. I’m making this one with his old parts. Make it run and maybe pretty later.

Robert Ring
KC1IMA
Maine

Primo82

Caught the Bug
View attachment 361176 View attachment 361177 View attachment 361178 View attachment 361179 View attachment 361180 View attachment 361181
Finally going to be getting to work on this project. Had it sitting at my parents on a rusted pos bent frame and finally got a new frame come up as available. Only had it sitting in there for the better part of 20 years

Robert Ring
KC1IMA
Maine

Very nice. I always have a hard time differentiating. Is it a Triumph or MG? Or I guess neither(I'm sure there were other similar cars in that era).

My dad, a few of my uncles, and some of my cousins have restored Triumphs. Nice little cars.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Very nice. I always have a hard time differentiating. Is it a Triumph or MG? Or I guess neither(I'm sure there were other similar cars in that era).

My dad, a few of my uncles, and some of my cousins have restored Triumphs. Nice little cars.

It is a Triumph TR6. they are fun little cars, very different from the Jeeps we all drive but fun.

Looks like a triumph tr6 to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very keen eye. I have always loved the body styling of these old triumphs, yes I am probably a bit partial having grown up with them around but they are just so sleek.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Looks like a triumph tr6 to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good eye!

It is a Triumph TR6. they are fun little cars, very different from the Jeeps we all drive but fun.

Very keen eye. I have always loved the body styling of these old triumphs, yes I am probably a bit partial having grown up with them around but they are just so sleek.

Very cool project. I like the TR6's. I think I prefer the spitfire body style though. If you need parts for your build check out 'The Roadster Factory' in Armagh, PA. They specialize in old British sports cars. I know my uncle has worked with machine shops as well to make bushings and other parts he wasn't able to find during his build, so if you run into any hiccups feel free to reach out to me and I'll see if he has a contact that can help. Good luck!

benatc1

Hooked
Been a while since I've updated one this thread but finally got my sod installed today, been a long year but getting closer in the backyard

Sod is today, dirt is mid way and other is where it all started. Just need to finish the walk way, fire pit patio, then onto finishing touches and built in bar/bbq IMG_20210403_145751.jpg IMG_20201011_171930.jpg 20200321_110039.jpg

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Top Bottom