Random Internet Shit you've come across

CalSgt

Hooked
I don't drink so this won't affect me at all but it does seem alittle black mirrorish.

My wife's Yukon has the fancy "Drivers technology package" something to that effect, the main selling points were the adaptive cruise control, heads up display, and I think it has the automatic collision avoidance braking too. I swear that fucker will resist (slightly) a lane change unless signaling, vibrates the seat on which ever side of the car your tires cross the line, if you use a light touch on the wheel for a few moments (like on a flat straight away) the seat will vibrate and the dash warns you to return your hands to the wheel, the seat vibrates if you signal and theres another vehicle on that side or in your blind spot...

All CA state owned vehicles are getting "Fleet telematics" programming installed too, it wirelessly sends reports regarding different aspects of the vehicle regarding location, milage, condition and maintenance. However this little bastard will tell on you right away if you exceed the speed limit by more than 5 mph for more than 5 minutes or more than 10 mph at all, also if you are accelerating, turning or braking aggressively Etc.

Sounds very similar to what they're describing.

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't drink so this won't affect me at all but it does seem alittle black mirrorish.

something else to increase costs and fail.

will it work is yet to be seen; if the system fails and they kill someone while drunk, will the auto manufacturer be held responsible? at this point it seems to me they are removing responsibility from the driver and putting it on the the vehicle 🤷‍♂️

My wife's Yukon has the fancy "Drivers technology package" something to that effect, the main selling points were the adaptive cruise control, heads up display, and I think it has the automatic collision avoidance braking too. I swear that fucker will resist (slightly) a lane change unless signaling, vibrates the seat on which ever side of the car your tires cross the line, if you use a light touch on the wheel for a few moments (like on a flat straight away) the seat will vibrate and the dash warns you to return your hands to the wheel, the seat vibrates if you signal and theres another vehicle on that side or in your blind spot...

All CA state owned vehicles are getting "Fleet telematics" programming installed too, it wirelessly sends reports regarding different aspects of the vehicle regarding location, milage, condition and maintenance. However this little bastard will tell on you right away if you exceed the speed limit by more than 5 mph for more than 5 minutes or more than 10 mph at all, also if you are accelerating, turning or braking aggressively Etc.

Sounds very similar to what they're describing.
My 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon has these telemetry features but they are "Opt In". They are claimed to help get good driver status in order to get better insurance rates. I did not "Opt In".

kevman65

Hooked

jamesrw30

Sleep was hard with my son. My daughter has slept better than he ever did. He's out early riser generally. Daughter slept until 930 this morning. They are 7 (son) and 2 (daughter). We are currently potty training her and it's going way better than his ever did. Really excited to be done with diapers. That will be a raise right there.

Top Bottom