ORZ USA Bawarrion 2-Door Jeep JL Wrangler - SEMA 2023

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may have seen in our Day 3 coverage of the 2023 SEMA Show, Cindy and I met the guys over at ORZ USA and they were showing off a new 4.5" suspension system that they had on a 2-Door Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon. And, while they are from Germany, I were informed that they do have a distribution warehouse in Carson City and that they would have their Jeep in town for a week after the show and if we had a chance, invited us to take it for a spin. Well, that chance happened and here's a teaser pic from our test drive.

IMG_8542.jpg

Unfortunately, this Jeep is being shipped to Germany and so our time with it was very limited. But, we did try to film what we could and hope to get a video on it up soon. :)

kevman65

Hooked
Perusing their website, as Jeep isn't on their drop down menus I just have to go by the makes they have.

:oops: That's some expensive company to keep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Perusing their website, as Jeep isn't on their drop down menus I just have to go by the makes they have.

:oops: That's some expensive company to keep.
LOL - they are certainly proud of their shit, that is for sure.

In talking to them, their benchmark for the best products for a Jeep is AEV. They simply adore them and they're trying to make products that are a step above. And, so that it's clear, this is them saying this. I'm just reporting what I was told :)

kevman65

Hooked
LOL - they are certainly proud of their shit, that is for sure.

In talking to them, their benchmark for the best products for a Jeep is AEV. They simply adore them and they're trying to make products that are a step above. And, so that it's clear, this is them saying this. I'm just reporting what I was told :)
I'd just never heard of them until your coverage. I figured they were dipping their toes in the U.S. market.

But when I saw their line up of who they make suspensions for, yeah that's not going to be Average Joe's choice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd just never heard of them until your coverage. I figured they were dipping their toes in the U.S. market.

But when I saw their line up of who they make suspensions for, yeah that's not going to be Average Joe's choice.
We didn't put it in the video but there's a point where I ask them questions like, "who are you guys?" and then me asking again because the first time around, the guy said in his German accent, O, R, zed - which sounded really weird to me. Of course, I would later come to find that's how Z is pronounced in German. That's how much I knew about them LOL

jeeeep

Hooked
I recall seeing them at EJS a while back, they were introducing their wheels and beadlock wheels and they were priced higher than pretty much all other wheels on the market; now they're about the same price for beadlocks but still expensive for non-beadlock wheels.
If they're using AEV as their measuring stick ... hmmm
Looking forward to your test drive.

Chris608

As some of you may have seen in our Day 3 coverage of the 2023 SEMA Show, Cindy and I met the guys over at ORZ USA and they were showing off a new 4.5" suspension system that they had on a 2-Door Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon. And, while they are from Germany, I were informed that they do have a distribution warehouse in Carson City and that they would have their Jeep in town for a week after the show and if we had a chance, invited us to take it for a spin. Well, that chance happened and here's a teaser pic from our test drive.

View attachment 397895

Unfortunately, this Jeep is being shipped to Germany and so our time with it was very limited. But, we did try to film what we could and hope to get a video on it up soon. :)
Could you provide a link to their website that's in English? I watched your video test drive I would like to install it on my 2dr Rubicon I only was able to find their German products website

mikeAZJT

Enjoyed the short ride and drive review of this product. Thanks for showing an innovative product and the thought pattern and differences it brings.

Q though, do you have any input or opinion of how these geometry brackets compare to others on the market?

For instance I have the Teraflex long travel lift kit on my Gladiator and it has front and rear geometry correction brackets - although the rears look very different than the ORZ.

My opinion, I love the ride on and off-road with the Teraflex set up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoyed the short ride and drive review of this product. Thanks for showing an innovative product and the thought pattern and differences it brings.

Q though, do you have any input or opinion of how these geometry brackets compare to others on the market?

For instance I have the Teraflex long travel lift kit on my Gladiator and it has front and rear geometry correction brackets - although the rears look very different than the ORZ.

My opinion, I love the ride on and off-road with the Teraflex set up.
I haven't seen or tested out the ORZ Gladiator and unfortunately, I don't know how they address the rear correction. However, I hope to someday and at that point, I would be able to speak from actual personal experience.

That said, the fronts are pretty much the same as what comes on just about every kit out there including Teraflex. Essentially, a copy of AEV's design with maybe some improvements. On the rear, I really like how ORZ raises the control arms at the axle instead of dropping them at the frame. Of course, the fact that they include high steer knuckles is a big bonus too.

mikeAZJT

I haven't seen or tested out the ORZ Gladiator and unfortunately, I don't know how they address the rear correction. However, I hope to someday and at that point, I would be able to speak from actual personal experience.

That said, the fronts are pretty much the same as what comes on just about every kit out there including Teraflex. Essentially, a copy of AEV's design with maybe some improvements. On the rear, I really like how ORZ raises the control arms at the axle instead of dropping them at the frame. Of course, the fact that they include high steer knuckles is a big bonus too.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The high steer knuckles seemed very well done and thought out. I’ll have to relook at my rear teraflex brackets - thought they raised the control arm mount point at the axle side.

mikeAZJT

Ah I see now. The Teraflex rear raise the upper rear control arms, but leave the lowers at the same spot. At the axle side. Nonetheless, I love the way mine rides. Even the wife agrees it’s better than stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2398.png
    IMG_2398.png
    314 KB · Views: 4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The high steer knuckles seemed very well done and thought out. I’ll have to relook at my rear teraflex brackets - thought they raised the control arm mount point at the axle side.
I admit that I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure that the TeraFlex kit addresses the weird factory geometry that drops the pinion down as you flex and they do this by addressing the rear upper control arm. However, they do not restore the angle of both arms back to stock.

EDIT : I see you found it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah I see now. The Teraflex rear raise the upper rear control arms, but leave the lowers at the same spot. At the axle side. Nonetheless, I love the way mine rides. Even the wife agrees it’s better than stock.
So long as you love what you bought, that's all that matters (y)

Top Bottom