NOR CAL/NV 2023

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

WJCO

Meme King

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Another thing I learned is that eastern based trains burned coal to produce steam while trains in the west burned wood. That makes sense as coal was harder to come by in the west. What I never knew is that you can tell if a train was a coal or wood burner by looking at the smoke stack. The western trains had a flared smokestack to help reduce sparks that could cause forest fires. In addition spark screens were present.

Western wood burning train
1688992499591.jpeg

Eastern coal burning train. The smokestack is not flared.
1688992719447.jpeg

Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Sadly all good things come to an end….or at least take a pause.

It’s time to return to Virginia and get back to work. We had a fantastic experience and our visit to NorCal and NV was epic. We visited old friends and made new ones. We ate, drank, and explored our way across two states. We wheeled an epic, historic, and iconic Jeep trail with a group of super cool Jeepers. We learned a lot about our Jeep and how to maximize its potential. We gained a great appreciation for a part of Nevada we had not spent much time in but definitely need to!

My Jeep is cleaned up and ready for our next adventure.
1689442244428.jpeg

So I’ll drink my last Pliny (3 actually 😂) and head to the airport for our flight back to the east coast.
1689441980125.jpeg

Top Bottom