NOR CAL/NV 2023

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I grew up in Arizona and each summer my parents would send me to California to spend a few weeks with my cousins. They lived in the Bay Area. It was in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. My visit were always awesome! My cousins and I would jump on the BART and ride into San Francisco. Once there we would ride the streetcars and walk all over the town. We would usually head to Pier 39 and eat some seafood and sourdough. Then we would go to Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory and take the free tour. At the end of the tour you received free chocolate. We would do the tour 3-4 times. Then we would head down to Chinatown and buy some fireworks out of the trunk of a car and head back to my cousin’s house to terrorize the neighbors! This was when California was the HEAT and life there was great.

Flash forward to 2019.

I made a trip to the Bay Area for work. While having lunch at ‘In & Out’ burgers some zombie drops a shit in the landscaping about 8 feet from where I was sitting. Everywhere I went I saw homeless and business constantly warned me about leaving items in my rental car. It was crazy!

When I originally decided to do this trip I was planning on flying into SF and immediately driving north out of the ‘Contagion Zone’ however my lovely wife had never been to SF so I decided it might be worth it to show her around. We will hit the high points to include the Alcatraz tour, Pier 39, China Town, The Presidio and then head north over the Golden Gate Bridge to Santa Rosa and into wine country.

After exploring Wine Country we would head east and backtrack through Gold Rush Country and then on to see our good friends in Northern Nevada were we will engage in many adventures.

We landed at SFO
1687643562687.jpeg

AZVAJKU

Hooked
It’s too bad that place has become so shitty, because it’s one of the more beautiful parts of the country. Hope you guys are having a great time, sure looks like it!

It is definitely sad to see the town so run down, the history and natural beauty is impressive. As stated before I had such great memories of this town. To be fair we have met some really nice individuals during our time here but bad policy has definitely taken its toll.

Top Bottom