New soon to be a JK owner from Southern Illinois with questions...

NOLUCK13

Ordered a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited 2 weeks ago and dealer called today and said they gave it a VIN # now. So I hope it is getting closer to being built. My plan is as follows. I am going to run 35" tires on stock fender flares and add a after market bumper and winch. I was going to run a 2 1/2 " lift so I could keep the full factory warrienty but I like the way a 4 door rubi sits on a 3 1/2" lift and 35's. So I have the lift narrowed down to these 3 3/12" lifts. Terraflex, Rock Krawler, and Rubion Express. 3 1/2" Rubicon Express is ahead because I know a gut that has the 2 1/2" on his 2 door and its nice. I used the search in the forum and spent hours looking at member profiles that had close that i was looking for and sent them a P.M. two weeks ago. None of the 5 people I sent P.M. to got back with me so her I am needing some questions asked. If I go with the 3 1/2 " Rubicon Express lift,Rubicon Express Part RE7142 - 3.5" Standard Suspension System-RH2 is there anything else in this lift that i will need becides these Steering Stabilizers & Brackets - Lift Kits, Suspensions & Shocks - -RH2. plus 2 of these Rubicon Express Part RXJ713 - Rubicon Mono-Tube Shock -RH2 and two of these Rubicon Express Part RXJ714 - Rubicon Mono-Tube Shock -RH2. also read where NOT to install the front cam bolts but get these brackets JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - JK Suspension - Suspension - Shop By Category... yes or no? also going to get the front and rear coast 1310 drive shafts. Im going to run a full 35" tire on the back so I plan on getting these from Terraflex...| TeraFlex Suspensions and | TeraFlex Suspensions. With the added weight from the bumper winch full spare tire and rear bumber nurf bars should i add spacers in the front and rear to keep the springs from sagging over time? Already got the PROCAL frov AEV sitting and waiting . Gonna run the MB72 15x8 black finish on 35x12.5x15 Good Year MTR. Jeep color is Billit Silver. so a 2013 Rubi with a 3 1/2 lift on MB72 with MTR and coast 1310 shafts, missing any think? Please let me know what else I need to get before I start to order this stuff. Its my very own first new Jeep, Ive hade 4 others , and I want to buid it the correct way right off the bat. With this lift if I choose to down the line I can add to it. Any tips and hints with this build will be greatfully appreciated Thanks in advance... NOLUCK13 Copied from here: http://www.jk-forum.com/new-member-registry-21/new-soon-jk-owner-southern-illinois-questions-262648/

JAGS

Hooked
Welcomes to Wayalife! 👋 Wow, that's a lot for your first post. I can't really help as I'm still stock. Not too many here running RE for what it's worth. Maybe others will chime in though.

Skid_Kid

I have a 2013 JKUR. I am about to bump it up to 35's with no lift and ATX slabs. You can run other wheels with a spacer. As far as your lifts that your asking about. It looks good to me. I already have a stubby with stinger front on mine and got rid of the rear bumper. You can run a 35 on the stock carrier of you get a reinforcement kit. Hope this helps a wee bit. I am saving for the EVO Double D lift myself.

StrizzyChris

Completely up to you, but I would wait to replace the rear shaft and use that money elsewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

Completely up to you, but I would wait to replace the rear shaft and use that money elsewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree. Also, I would reconsider your lift options. Rock Krawler and Teraflex are in the same quality class, but RE is a step below. When I switched from my XJ to a JK, I wanted a RE lift because the one on my XJ performed so well. After some researching, I found that RE made a great XJ suspension lift, but that their JK lifts were lacking. I would also check out the EVO Enforcer suspension. I know that MTG ran the JK Experience last year with that entry level setup and hung in there with the big boys. After running a RK midarm system on my last rig and an EVO setup on my current rig, there is no comparison in ride quality and handling; the EVO made it better than stock.

Also, as was previously mentioned, make sure you get wheels that have at least 4.5" of back spacing, although 3.5" would be even better.

Tackerdown

Banned
Welcome to wayalife.like was said most say just get the front drive shaft and I've never heard anyone say get the controls arm relocation bracket but to get adjustable lower front control arms and not to use cam bolts. possibly a drag link flip kit .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lane87

Welcome to Wayalife! Where are you in South Eastern IL? I'm in the Lawrenceville/ Vincennes area now.

Top Bottom