NEW EVO MFG JLU/Gladiator Rock Sliders Now Available

JAGS

Hooked
We’ll, I might be able to finally start my JL build. Been a while waiting for these. 🤪

Im guessing if you choose to weld on, that all the drilling, etc isn’t necessary and getting everything to line up is self explanatory.

$2300 is a lot but then again… so is an insurance claim and in some instances if the rocker gets hit hard enough I have seen some JK’s get totaled out. Granted the JL/JT is a long ways off from depreciating to that extent but the point being is that’s still cheaper than quality body work.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
$2300 is a lot but then again… so is an insurance claim and in some instances if the rocker gets hit hard enough I have seen some JK’s get totaled out. Granted the JL/JT is a long ways off from depreciating to that extent but the point being is that’s still cheaper than quality body work.
Maybe if the rocker was hit when rolling off a cliff. I would argue no vehicle has ever been total from a hit to the rocker with rocker protection of any kind. There are literally seams all over Jeeps for quick body panel replacement.

Please file this one under the fake news category.

Ddays

Hooked
If you're really gonna use your Jeep in some serious crawling, then even $2300 isn't too bad for the kind of protection they offer. My original surprise was based on the cost of the pair I bought 6 years ago for my JK. $1400 isn't a lot when faced with a bashed in rocker along with smashed in 'better priced' steps that you now have to replace too.

Maybe if the rocker was hit when rolling off a cliff. I would argue no vehicle has ever been total from a hit to the rocker with rocker protection of any kind. There are literally seams all over Jeeps for quick body panel replacement.

Please file this one under the fake news category.
Worked at a body shop for 6 years. Two JK’s without rocker protection for hit hard enough that the insurance company in both instances wanted to total the vehicle. One was an older JKU I’d say 2008-2009. The other was a new JKU I want to say 2013. In both instances the damage was bad enough that the tub itself had been buckled to the point where it had caused extensive damage. Sure. With rocker protection of some kind… no issue at all. I’m referring to Jeeps without any protection whatsoever.

CalSgt

Hooked
Worked at a body shop for 6 years. Two JK’s without rocker protection for hit hard enough that the insurance company in both instances wanted to total the vehicle. One was an older JKU I’d say 2008-2009. The other was a new JKU I want to say 2013. In both instances the damage was bad enough that the tub itself had been buckled to the point where it had caused extensive damage. Sure. With rocker protection of some kind… no issue at all. I’m referring to Jeeps without any protection whatsoever.
There's a lady at work with a 2017 JKUR that hit so hard on the rocker that the doors on both sides don't seal right, you can visibly see the bow in the tub up by the hood. The CD player would no longer eject and when they went to pull the head unit it is pinched and bound in the dash. She had the PS rockerguards that look like the EVO Bomber rockers when she did it.

The joke amongst the guys there was "He said BUMP it, not JUMP it!" I wish they would have gotten it on video...

There's a lady at work with a 2017 JKUR that hit so hard on the rocker that the doors on both sides don't seal right, you can visibly see the bow in the tub up by the hood. The CD player would no longer eject and when they went to pull the head unit it is pinched and bound in the dash. She had the PS rockerguards that look like the EVO Bomber rockers when she did it.

The joke amongst the guys there was "He said BUMP it, not JUMP it!" I wish they would have gotten it on video...
Yup. They just need to get hit in a certain way for them to be fully fucked and it doesn’t take much. A $2300 set of rocker guards while on the expensive side…. Is still cheaper than an out of pocket repair

CalSgt

Hooked
Yup. They just need to get hit in a certain way for them to be fully fucked and it doesn’t take much. A $2300 set of rocker guards while on the expensive side…. Is still cheaper than an out of pocket repair
LOL... My sliders cost $1000 for the frame mounts that I cut off the LOD's I destroyed, $160 for 20 feet of DOM, $80 for 20 feet of square tubing, and three (actually 5) weeks to build. I would have gladly paid for these though...

http://wayalife.com/threads/rock-slider-build.60993/

When I was a kid I worked in a bicycle shop. At the time Bell Helmets was running a genius ad campaign. It was a simple black and white photo of a helmet with bold script. “A ten dollar head deserves a ten dollar helmet”. It has always stuck with me as I have lived by that mentality.

However. I still think at this price point, for parts to arrive unfinished is absurd. And it’s really a time and principal thing. Spending this loot on parts to not be able to just rock and roll when they arrive bums me out. Wasting time painting them and of course the expense of that as well.
Again. Could just be me that’s the weirdo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I was a kid I worked in a bicycle shop. At the time Bell Helmets was running a genius ad campaign. It was a simple black and white photo of a helmet with bold script. “A ten dollar head deserves a ten dollar helmet”. It has always stuck with me as I have lived by that mentality.

However. I still think at this price point, for parts to arrive unfinished is absurd. And it’s really a time and principal thing. Spending this loot on parts to not be able to just rock and roll when they arrive bums me out. Wasting time painting them and of course the expense of that as well.
So, I know that EVO has a new powder coater and I assume they're much better now but... there was a time when I purposefully asked for my stuff to be delivered bare and had my own powder coater do the finish. Their old coater did kind of a piss poor job.

JimLee

Hooked
So, I know that EVO has a new powder coater and I assume they're much better now but... there was a time when I purposefully asked for my stuff to be delivered bare and had my own powder coater do the finish. Their old coater did kind of a piss poor job.
I hear that, I ordered a set of recovery points from them once, all the powder coat was in the bottom of the box when they arrived.

I totally understand the price is a tough one. With these being so big and heavy, there is a very large chance that the powder coat would get scratched and/or damaged during shipping and result in a mad customer. So I kind of understand why they come raw to avoid this. But yes they definitely aren't cheap.

Andy5160

Hooked
I totally understand the price is a tough one. With these being so big and heavy, there is a very large chance that the powder coat would get scratched and/or damaged during shipping and result in a mad customer. So I kind of understand why they come raw to avoid this. But yes they definitely aren't cheap.
This is the answer i got from EVO when asked if i can get the bombers powedercoated and shipped over to me.

JAGS

Hooked
This for sure. It’s been a long time since I’ve ordered from EVO, but all my JK stuff, I powdered locally and what came powdered I wish I had taken to my local guy after a couple years. Hopefully EVO has a better source now like you say.

I’m about to drop some coin on JL parts and will be going bare as I want to ensure quality I can see when picking up.

Top Bottom