Need to fit 35"s, how much do I have to lift?

BlackKnight

I'm looking to fit some 35" with minimum/no lift (temporarily) as I have the tires/rims, and I'm looking to go to an EVO Coil over, but need to wait till summer/end of summer for that.

Can I get away with no lift or a "leveling kit" and no offloading till I get a little higher? I'm not planning to cut my fenders, but to also go to flat fenders eventually (Either Metal Cloak or PoisonSpyder). Need to do this as my tires are getting kinda bald and needs to go to the new ones earlier than expected..

FLKEYSJK

I have heard people who have the Evo leveling kit and they love it, I have a 2.5 inch Teraflex lift and this is how it sits ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456435817.433469.jpg

Napalm

I ran an EVO level with flat fenders and 35s on my last JKU. I had no rubbing at all with mild wheeling. Setup worked great!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456436370.765038.jpg

A couple of guys on here have ran 35s with flat fenders and no lift. I've done it myself for a short period of time. It works, but that's about all it does.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm looking to fit some 35" with minimum/no lift (temporarily) as I have the tires/rims, and I'm looking to go to an EVO Coil over, but need to wait till summer/end of summer for that.

Can I get away with no lift or a "leveling kit" and no offloading till I get a little higher? I'm not planning to cut my fenders, but to also go to flat fenders eventually (Either Metal Cloak or PoisonSpyder). Need to do this as my tires are getting kinda bald and needs to go to the new ones earlier than expected..

You could do the EVO/ Rancho leveling kit and cut your fenders or a 2.5" budget boost and keep your stock ones the way they are. Both are around $300 and will fit 35s.

I wouldn't waste money on the steel fenders when you can just cut yours. Not to mention that if you hit a tree or similar they will just push in the body panel that they are mounted too.

If you insist though, I think the PS look WAY better than the MC ones.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Need to fit 35"s, how much do I have to lift?

JKS JSPEC 2.0 lift, which yielded 3" of actual lift on my 4 door. Tires are 35" BFG KM2s. No issues with rubbing, just make sure your running the proper bumpstops.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456441931.439386.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456442095.234473.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456442283.179004.jpg

Tucks right on to the bump stop, no rubbing. I may try to trim the fenders to stuff 37s.

To add to what others have said, you can comfortably run 35s with a 2.5" budget boost depending on how much money you want to spend. In my opinion you need to ask yourself how your honestly going to be using the rig first, then we can probably suggest something specific based on experiences.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
a friend of mine ran 35s with no lift, he just cut his pinch seems and refused to cut his factory fenders. it worked for a while, he now has a 4" lift.

i would trim the fenders, where ever else necessary to prevent rubbing and 2" bumpstops in the rear, this is how i ran 37s for a couple of months until i got a 3" lift .

Edit: you can not do much off roading as you will have limited suspension travel and i would also get some C gussets, that is what is going on on the passenger side in the photo

IMG_2329.jpg

Last edited:

Kpalas

a friend of mine ran 35s with no lift, he just cut his pinch seems and refused to cut his factory fenders. it worked for a while, he now has a 4" lift.

i would trim the fenders, where ever else necessary to prevent rubbing and 2" bumpstops in the rear, this is how i ran 37s for a couple of months until i got a 3" lift .

Edit: you can not do much off roading as you will have limited suspension travel and i would also get some C gussets, that is what is going on on the passenger side in the photo

View attachment 190086

Please forgive the hijack, so is the pic above of your jeep with 35" or 37" tires?

BentMetal

I'm running the EVO leveling kit with only the front springs. I didn't install the rear spacers because I am not running a rear bumper at this time and the jeep sits level. I however trimmed the rear fenders and I removed the front ones. The only spot I hit is when I compress the front end and the tire will just barely hit the metal tab that hold on the inner fender. Before I cut my rear and removed the front I would hit the inner fender if I went too fast over any bumps, dips, or pedestrians at the mall. I drove this way for a couple of months with no problems that I can recall. If you are only looking for a temporary fix until you go to coilovers, I would look for some used tires or take offs. There are shops I have bought stock tires for $40 mounted & balanced. Another option is to buy a lift and sell it when you're done. That's how I purchased my 3" enforcer kit I'm still waiting to install once I get my shocks.

explorebc4x4

I ran 35's with no lift/leveling kit for a couple months. It worked fine. You just have to be careful over big bumps on the road or speed bumps. I just trimmed my pinch seams and it was all good. I wouldn't take it on any trails though. I ended up trimming my flares and putting 3/4" cool spacers front and rear just until I can afford to lift it. The ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456462062.556924.jpg
No spacers or trimming

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456462146.195986.jpg
After trimming and spacers

professorkx

I run flat fenders, 35 inch KM2 tires and rough country $140 budget boost and wheeled Moab for a week with no problems. Don't plan on changing anytime soon...

BlackKnight

Thanks Guys, I'll only streeting it till I can get my lift in, no plans for offroading it ATM. but expect to towards the end of the summer..

BlackKnight

Thanks Guys, I'll only streeting it till I can get my lift in, no plans for offroading it ATM. but expect to towards the end of the summer..

One other consideration my wife pointed out, What about the stock spare tire carrier, can it hold a 35" short term? or will I wind up ripping it off the panel if I hit a bump? Note, I'm not running a "bumper", just an EVO facia...

Wethy

One other consideration my wife pointed out, What about the stock spare tire carrier, can it hold a 35" short term? or will I wind up ripping it off the panel if I hit a bump? Note, I'm not running a "bumper", just an EVO facia...

I'm pretty sure evolander ran a 37 on the stock carrier for quite a while just make sure the tire is firmly against the bumps pads on the tailgate and it should be fine... Others might chime in but I think I was correct about the evolander thing

Top Bottom