Need to fit 35"s, how much do I have to lift?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
One other consideration my wife pointed out, What about the stock spare tire carrier, can it hold a 35" short term? or will I wind up ripping it off the panel if I hit a bump? Note, I'm not running a "bumper", just an EVO facia...

As long as you isolate the tire from moving, the stock carrier is plenty strong for a 35" tire. I use the Daystar tailgate bumpstops to accomplish this. No movement and works as intended.

One other consideration my wife pointed out, What about the stock spare tire carrier, can it hold a 35" short term? or will I wind up ripping it off the panel if I hit a bump? Note, I'm not running a "bumper", just an EVO facia...
Been on for a year. No troubles. Make sure its tight against the isolators like others have said.

Attachments

• 1456528777336.jpg
    1456528777336.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 211

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

As others have said. Properly isolate it and you won't have a problem. I used 1.5" PVC pipe from Home depot and shoved it into the existing rubber isolators to support my 35.

Right Rudder

If you have stock wheels like the medix pic above (same wheel tire combo I have) it will smash the tire real nice against the stock isolators which is what you want. If you have an aftermarket wheel with less backspace or some sort of spacer on your spare mount you might need to adjust the isolators.

matt87951

I'm looking to do the same thing as BlackNight, specifically 35" tires with factory wheels. Do I need to use a spacer for the wheels, or will a 2" budget boost be enough? I do have a 10A Rubicon, so it technically sits a touch higher already. Thanks!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm looking to do the same thing as BlackNight, specifically 35" tires with factory wheels. Do I need to use a spacer for the wheels, or will a 2" budget boost be enough? I do have a 10A Rubicon, so it technically sits a touch higher already. Thanks!

If you are going to run a 35x12.50 then you will need to use wheel spacers to retain the factory wheels. If it were me, I would run a 2" budget boost with trimmed fenders, otherwise you would still rub at full stuff while flexing.

samtuck11

You can run 35x12.5 with no lift and wheel spacer but you're not gonna want to wheel it and you're gonna have to do some fender trimming.

2" BB minimum is what I'd recommend but if you want it done "correctly" a 2.5" or 3" coil lift seems perfect with 35s because most higher end coil lifts net higher than advertised by about .5" on an unloaded JK

I run a rock krawler 2.5" lift with 35s and it fits very will and proportionally imho

And no matter what lift option you go with if you're running 35x12.5s you will either want 1.5" wheel spacers or wheels with 4.5" of backspacing. I run wheels with 4.7" backspacing and they work perfect so as long as you get close to the recommended 4.5" BS you're good.

Top Bottom