Metalcloak Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5" Fox Edition

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Funny, I don't see it that way. Sticking to MSRP listed on their websites, my kit is $2,399.00 The equivalent Evo kit is also $2,399.99 but does not include track bars (needed or not) nor does it come with shocks or front shock relocation brackets. Again needed or not they are not included.

So getting more product (needed or not) for the same amount of money. Including shocks that are needed.... I still don't feel f'ed. Sorry I bought something different than you.

Glad you like it. I’m not sold on it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a video of Rubicat running 37" tires, EVO long arms and bolt on coilovers set at low 3" of lift.

JKU007FL

ZIMM - "Get the enforcer 3", you'll be good for up to 37's. Don't waste money on 34's. Heck even "35's" measure out to 33.something."

ZIMM - "I run 37's, evo 3" lift, and fit in a garage that's got only 81" clearance, with a soft top."

It's not my intention to hijack this tread (sorry OP) I asked last week for lift recommendations (thanks guys for your replies) and I'm leaning to the EVO Enforcer 3".
My question is about the Stage 1- 3; Can I start with Stage 1 and keep going with 2 and 3 later on?

Also you mentioned that your rig fits in your garage, how tall is your Jeep? My main reason looking at 35's and JKS 2.5" lift is that my garage is only 80".

BTW, I'm also in South Florida, Palm Beach Co.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Also you mentioned that your rig fits in your garage, how tall is your Jeep? My main reason looking at 35's and JKS 2.5" lift is that my garage is only 80".

Moby and Rubicat are currently running 40" tires and they BOTH fit in my front garage that has as standard 7' header and with about 7" to spare. I think you'll be just fine.

TheGrendel

ZIMM - "Get the enforcer 3", you'll be good for up to 37's. Don't waste money on 34's. Heck even "35's" measure out to 33.something."

ZIMM - "I run 37's, evo 3" lift, and fit in a garage that's got only 81" clearance, with a soft top."

It's not my intention to hijack this tread (sorry OP) I asked last week for lift recommendations (thanks guys for your replies) and I'm leaning to the EVO Enforcer 3".
My question is about the Stage 1- 3; Can I start with Stage 1 and keep going with 2 and 3 later on?

yes, you can add pieces later on. go with the stage 1 and learn where each part goes and what it does. wheel a bit. drive on the highway. then, start tweaking things.

one thing i've learned from this forum is that a lot of things we think we need in a "kit", we really don't. eddie has proven that time and again staying with things like a stock trackbar. stock drag links. etc.

stitch1

His Jeep and control arms.

Red Jeep.jpg

I understand that shocks are not only limiting factor. It's all part of a system. But our two Jeeps are very similar. He stated I "overpaid" for inferior parts. Great. Maybe I did. I was just pointing out that his more expensive setup gets him about the same performance. Will his last longer? Sure, maybe it will. Great. If you go back and read what was posted I was just trying to share my experience with this setup. Not debate or argue. If my stuff goes to crap I will be the first to say as much.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Not that DWiggles needs stuck up for, but how do you figure less clearance with the long arm kit? You don't know what you're talking about. And worse flex? :thinking: Do you know anything about LA kits? I think you should step away from the keyboard before you make yourself look any dumber.

I think he is talking about the lower control arm brackets that are on the DD long arm kit or any other standard long arm kit. i myself have seen these brackets get hung up while going up ledges, where a Jeep with the stock control arm mounts didn’t get hung up because the tire was able to make contact before the bracket. Having seen this is why i opted to go through the trouble of going with the high clearance kit. the overall benefits of a high quality long arm kit outweigh any sort of “clearance” issue in my opinion, just bump it!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Wow this thread sure came to life. I'm see that there appears to be a few types of people hanging around.
1. Those who can give, or receive honest opinions and critiques on products that they have actual experience with
2. Those who refuse to acknowledge that their product of choice may not be "the best" product
3. Similar to #2 those who will only run the best, and refuse to acknowledge that there can still be honest good reviews on a product that they don't or won't run.

This forum is an amazing wealth of experiences and knowledge. I really love the sometimes ruthless honesty from most here. It is always interesting to see when someone gets a bit too emotionally involved in what others think though.

TheGrendel

Wow this thread sure came to life. I'm see that there appears to be a few types of people hanging around.
1. Those who can give, or receive honest opinions and critiques on products that they have actual experience with
2. Those who refuse to acknowledge that their product of choice may not be "the best" product
3. Similar to #2 those who will only run the best, and refuse to acknowledge that there can still be honest good reviews on a product that they don't or won't run.

This forum is an amazing wealth of experiences and knowledge. I really love the sometimes ruthless honesty from most here. It is always interesting to see when someone gets a bit too emotionally involved in what others think though.

like i've mentioned on other threads, i ran MC with no problems on my last JKR. i also opted to go with MC upper fronts even though i have Currie arms everywhere else. the MC bushing held up very well for me in the past and the front uppers aren't a position to really take damage.

i also learned about a number of things from this site that i didn't spend money on this go around.

ultimately, i'm the kind of guy that likes to pave his own way even if it means some mistakes. but, i can admit those mistakes. :drool:

JKU007FL

Moby and Rubicat are currently running 40" tires and they BOTH fit in my front garage that has as standard 7' header and with about 7" to spare. I think you'll be just fine.

I think you're right.
My Jeep (stock) is 72" with stock 255/75/17 (31") tires
72 + 3" Enforcer + 37 tires should be around 78" total height.
I keep forgetting that the Recon is already about a inch taller than a Sport, so installing a 3" lift must likely will only give me 2 - 2 1/2". Also going from 31 to 37 will rise the Jeep by only 3" assuming the 37 is really 37.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 291541

I understand that shocks are not only limiting factor. It's all part of a system. But our two Jeeps are very similar. He stated I "overpaid" for inferior parts. Great. Maybe I did. I was just pointing out that his more expensive setup gets him about the same performance. Will his last longer? Sure, maybe it will. Great. If you go back and read what was posted I was just trying to share my experience with this setup. Not debate or argue. If my stuff goes to crap I will be the first to say as much.

Hey retard, I’m here to shed some light on you.

You did indeed come here to argue. You said he paid more for less ground clearance. That is a lie. You paid for a “game changer” and got a gimmick. Metalcloak is new to the world of off-road parts and so far they haven’t come out with anything game changing. Their shocks are garage, there tie rod is weak, there control arms bend and their control arm bushing are trash and can’t stand up to use.

Will his last longer? Yes. Yes it will. It’s better quality.

fiend

Caught the Bug

View attachment 291541

That rear control arm bracket is a rock magnet. One of the reasons I’ve stuck with short arms.

The EVO high clearance kit seems like a much better design in that regard, but requires a lot more mods to install.

Benito

Caught the Bug
That rear control arm bracket is a rock magnet. One of the reasons I’ve stuck with short arms.

The EVO high clearance kit seems like a much better design in that regard, but requires a lot more mods to install.

Just some custom fab work on the rear axle [emoji6]

longarmwj

Metalcloak Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5" Fox Edition

I’m gonna put my fire suite on because this opinion will probably not be the most popular one.

If you are planning to do easy to medium trails, and are wanting to keep to the smaller side of the tire range, why not just run a spacer lift with a good quality shock?

As some may recall, about a month after I got my JKU I got my hands on a free 2.5 inch spacer lift, that came with shock extensions and a rear trackbar relocation bracket. I believe it was Rough Country, but for a set of spacers it was shockingly good quality (that’s literally the ONLY thing I’ve ever seen from Rough Country that I’ve been impressed with), as it was metal, and very very beefy. It came with shock extensions (however I HIGHLY recommend omitting those for actual quality shocks), and a rear track bar relocation bracket (it was a axle mount, so I ended up tossing that and getting a frame mount relocation bracket instead).

I wheeled all over the south with that, and a set of 35s and it did awesome. There really wasn’t anything I found out here that I couldn’t hit. Now obviously had I taken my jeep out west where Eddie and everyone play, it would have struggled, but i was very happy with the way that it not only looked and performed, but rode as well.

I eventually did get a SuperLift 4 inch to clear 37s, and I’m very happy with it, but for what it sounds like you will be doing, the spacer lift would not be a bad option. Just find yourself a GOOD quality spacer lift, preferably one made of metal and not polycarbonate or rubber, get GOOD shocks, and a frame mount track bar relocation bracket, and wheel it.
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG

kpig

Funny, I don't see it that way. Sticking to MSRP listed on their websites, my kit is $2,399.00 The equivalent Evo kit is also $2,399.99 but does not include track bars (needed or not) nor does it come with shocks or front shock relocation brackets. Again needed or not they are not included.

So getting more product (needed or not) for the same amount of money. Including shocks that are needed.... I still don't feel f'ed. Sorry I bought something different than you.

Forgot to mention...their front trackbar bushing also failed causing the trackbar to rub on the inside of the axle side mount. Just because you get a trackbar doesn’t always make it necessary.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I’m gonna put my fire suite on because this opinion will probably not be the most popular one.

If you are planning to do easy to medium trails, and are wanting to keep to the smaller side of the tire range, why not just run a spacer lift with a good quality shock?

As some may recall, about a month after I got my JKU I got my hands on a free 2.5 inch spacer lift, that came with shock extensions and a rear trackbar relocation bracket. I believe it was Rough Country, but for a set of spacers it was shockingly good quality (that’s literally the ONLY thing I’ve ever seen from Rough Country that I’ve been impressed with), as it was metal, and very very beefy. It came with shock extensions (however I HIGHLY recommend omitting those for actual quality shocks), and a rear track bar relocation bracket (it was a axle mount, so I ended up tossing that and getting a frame mount relocation bracket instead).

I wheeled all over the south with that, and a set of 35s and it did awesome. There really wasn’t anything I found out here that I couldn’t hit. Now obviously had I taken my jeep out west where Eddie and everyone play, it would have struggled, but i was very happy with the way that it not only looked and performed, but rode as well.

I eventually did get a SuperLift 4 inch to clear 37s, and I’m very happy with it, but for what it sounds like you will be doing, the spacer lift would not be a bad option. Just find yourself a GOOD quality spacer lift, preferably one made of metal and not polycarbonate or rubber, get GOOD shocks, and a frame mount track bar relocation bracket, and wheel it.
View attachment 291572
View attachment 291573

Not sure why you think you would get flamed. A lot of people suggest spacer lifts on here often. You should know that with being on here for so long. A spacer lift is a great entry level lift to get you higher without really sacrificing the stock ride quality. Hell your spacer lift is prob better than the metaljoke game changer lift

zimm

Caught the Bug

Just so some of you know, south florida garages are built to hurricane building code. The floor slab is raised about 1.5" to keep water out, and the reinforced door has teeth that engage in plates in the ground. Because of this, I had to unbolt the two "teeth" from the door where my Jeep parks, adjust the door limit switch so it's open all the way, and I have 81" inches clearance. When a hurricane comes, I can bolt those 2 teeth back in.

I can get in with the soft top. Hard top has another inch or so of clearance. It's close but it fits. When I was installing the EVO tire carrier, after the spare was taken off, I tried to get out of the garage and was stuck! Glad I didn't rip the top open.

TheGrendel

Just so some of you know, south florida garages are built to hurricane building code. The floor slab is raised about 1.5" to keep water out, and the reinforced door has teeth that engage in plates in the ground. Because of this, I had to unbolt the two "teeth" from the door where my Jeep parks, adjust the door limit switch so it's open all the way, and I have 81" inches clearance. When a hurricane comes, I can bolt those 2 teeth back in.

I can get in with the soft top. Hard top has another inch or so of clearance. It's close but it fits. When I was installing the EVO tire carrier, after the spare was taken off, I tried to get out of the garage and was stuck! Glad I didn't rip the top open.

learn something new everyday. that's pretty cool.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

View attachment 291541

really?! :cheesy:

Do you know what it would cost me to upgrade to a high clearance long arm build? Do you know what it would cost YOU?? Yeah... "VERY similar" :crazyeyes: :yawn37:

IT couldn't possibly be that I PLANNED my build in stages, with an end goal in mind, and to not waste a ton of money replacing inferior/non compatible aftermarket parts on the way... where as YOU and your "game changer" are indeed, in a completely different game... The "change" game. As in, You have to replace everything if you want to take it to the next level.
Me, when its time to upgrade, I'll swap out my rear frame brackets with the high clearance brackets for a hundred bucks and change, then bolt my "similar performance" control arms right back on and reuse everything else (aside from the springs, shocks, AND rear axle of course :dont_tell: ) But, yeah, I guess "VERY similar"

My 5100s were FREE by the way, had you actually READ the thread you swiped my photo from, you would have not have made an ass of yourself... again.
Not to mention they offer PLENTY of flex and are not limiting my available travel at all. In fact, I very nearly unseat my springs at full flex in the Front AND in the Rear... Not because I'm some kind of badass like you, but again, because I PLANNED my build. :eek:

Speaking of reading threads and being a badass, Thanks for actually stealing my picture, rather than just simply linking the original post containing it.... The extra effort you took to download my photo onto your personal device, rename it to "Red Jeep.jpg" then re-upload it to this thread... Classy :asshat:

My Original HTML
2018-01-31 09_56_44-Installing Evo Long Arm Upgrade - Page 7.jpg

Your HTML
2018-01-31 09_57_27-Metalcloak Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5_ Fox Edition - Page 7.jpg

"Super Glad YOU are happy with your build, sorry you got fucked in the process" *errr... did I say that already?

EDIT:
Here I am reading away, hours later, minding my own business, catching up on some threads and what do you know, BOOM, outta NO where, in the middle of the bolt on coilover thread! (sorry, I'm to lazy to go and manually download each individual picture, rename them, then repost them here, a simple link just will have to do. :thumb: )

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/3612-Evo-bolt-on-coilover-install?p=296995&viewfull=1#post296995

tell us all again how you didn't overpay for inferior parts?

2018-01-31 13_18_31-XSEfXXp.jpg (1200×1133).jpg

Just keeping it REAL for the O.P. or anyone else reading whos considering metalcloak's high end kits. As the saying goes, "you cant just make this shit up"

If you haven't already bought it, you CAN and SHOULD get a MUCH stronger setup, for LESS money; ... Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom